‘23 TX S Peyton Bowen Commits to Oklahoma

I have a feeling he is regretting what he did or his mom got to him.  He is getting shredded on Insta (I'm told - I'm not on there).  Will be interesting to see if he wants to come still and what the coaches would say. 

I'd schedule another Zoom call with all the signees, have him tell his story, have him leave and then ask the players if they think they can trust / play with him.

• Heart 2

27 minutes ago, D Fence said:

I have a feeling he is regretting what he did or his mom got to him.  He is getting shredded on Insta (I'm told - I'm not on there).  Will be interesting to see if he wants to come still and what the coaches would say. 

I'd schedule another Zoom call with all the signees, have him tell his story, have him leave and then ask the players if they think they can trust / play with him.

I’d say the only way back is through if it were me. Take the beating and keep moving forward. Walking back the commit and ending up somewhere you aren’t happy because your mom told you to… not a happy ending there.

39 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

Crazy recruitment ending. Still ongoing and getting weirder or maybe just staying the same? I would pass at this point if I was ND. These cases rarely end well. 

Last time I remember something like this with ND was Greg Olson.  Gets to ND…loves it…gets yanked out first week of practice by his dad to go to Miami which he hated. He was crying about it.  But, he stuck at Miami and the rest is history…

Maybe it’s one of those kinda things… Momma is gonna force him to do the right thing.

1 hour ago, irishwavend said:

Last time I remember something like this with ND was Greg Olson.  Gets to ND…loves it…gets yanked out first week of practice by his dad to go to Miami which he hated. He was crying about it.  But, he stuck at Miami and the rest is history…

Maybe it’s one of those kinda things… Momma is gonna force him to do the right thing.

I think mom might have said whoa what’s that all about. But check out the video. Clearly everyone not on the same page. Dad seems good with Oregon. 

58 minutes ago, PJacksonsDred15 said:

I think the hardest thing to do for Mr. Bowen was to break up with Notre Dame. Now that he has done that, I do suspect it is a battle between OU and Oklahoma. I think in the end he takes less money and ends up OU as that seems like a compromise. 

OU wasnt even a final two. One of the quotes from family was that he had narrowed it down to ND and Oregon and that is where the choice was. Hard to see a 3rd choice jumping in, but who the heck knows

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Synoptico said:

OU wasnt even a final two. One of the quotes from family was that he had narrowed it down to ND and Oregon and that is where the choice was. Hard to see a 3rd choice jumping in, but who the heck knows

Then again, what do i know

12 hours ago, irishwavend said:

That was because his brother was not given the starting QB job at ND. His dad was a  New Jersey HS coach with a big-time ego that rubbed almost everyone under the sun the wrong way. He manipulated his sons in the worst way. Check out how his youngest son ended up. With the NIL now,  he would sell his sons to the highest bidder!

I don't have any factual data on this, but I've "followed" recruiting for 20 years or so now, and it just seems like the kids who play these games, have a real issue with commitment, flip flop, take the easy way out, etc, never pan out to be the players worth all the effort. Time will tell I suppose but I think in a few years we'll all be saying, what was all the fuss about this kid. 

• Heart 1

28 minutes ago, SDIrishFan said:

I don't have any factual data on this, but I've "followed" recruiting for 20 years or so now, and it just seems like the kids who play these games, have a real issue with commitment, flip flop, take the easy way out, etc, never pan out to be the players worth all the effort. Time will tell I suppose but I think in a few years we'll all be saying, what was all the fuss about this kid. 

Davonte Neal. Aaron Lynch Tee Shepard, Greenberry now Bowen. I won't get excited when these things take right up to the day.

• Heart 2