‘23 TX S Peyton Bowen Commits to Oklahoma

1 hour ago, NDhoosier said:

This will get interesting for sure over the next couple of days. I just hope ND fans remain civil and not spread opinions as facts that could make Peyton feel even worse about stuff. Nothing has been decided yet. Peyton is still in regular contact with ND commits which is not usually the case when someone is about to decommit (see Keon).

Just dont take your OPINION based on RUMORS and spread them as FACTS... Happens a lot in the football recruiting world.

It’s going to happen regardless.  If you’re going to wait till the day if or a few days before signing day. You get what you. Just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, SDIrishFan said:

Sounds like MF may not even do an in home today now. Not sure if it was that he is tired of the drama or Bowen finally got the courage to actually decommit, but sounds like this one is over.

Freeman was scheduled for in home today and Oklahoma was tomorrow. Is it for certain that Freeman's in home has been cancelled?

3 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Freeman was scheduled for in home today and Oklahoma was tomorrow. Is it for certain that Freeman's in home has been cancelled?

Not sure anything is certain. From what I've gathered from a few spots, sounds like there may have been a call last night with MF. Perhaps MF put him on the spot and say are you with us or not? There were also rumors of more in-homes with other coaches who weren't even in the picture all the sudden. 

It's like we also say, pay attention to what they do, not what they say. He went on numerous "unofficial visits" this summer/fall while committed. These under the guise of it being for his brother. 

We're going to soon find out why he took all those visits. 

I think everyone really needs to chill. Take a step back and look at the goalposts. We are not ever going to give kids money upfront not happening. So how do you get a championship? How do you get to even the championship game for a chance to win? Coaches have got to develop kids into 5 star talents and most importantly we need to get a QB. If you start winning kids will come so get a high level QB who can carry your team (c j carr ) then have coaches get the most out of your players. Easy peasy let’s go Irish ! 

56 minutes ago, Burkdd0012 said:

I think everyone really needs to chill. Take a step back and look at the goalposts. We are not ever going to give kids money upfront not happening. So how do you get a championship? How do you get to even the championship game for a chance to win? Coaches have got to develop kids into 5 star talents and most importantly we need to get a QB. If you start winning kids will come so get a high level QB who can carry your team (c j carr ) then have coaches get the most out of your players. Easy peasy let’s go Irish ! 

As long as upfront cash is "against the rules", ND isn't going to play that game, which I get. That being said, other schools absolutely are. The ONLY way I see competing against that, is doing better than everyone else at taking care of the players on your roster. I'm not sure that that's happening either. I know KH14 and Mayer did well, even Foskey and maybe a few others. I also know ALL ND players get something. Just not sure we are the cream of the crop for NIL with players currently on the roster. 

2 hours ago, SDIrishFan said:

As long as upfront cash is "against the rules", ND isn't going to play that game, which I get. That being said, other schools absolutely are. The ONLY way I see competing against that, is doing better than everyone else at taking care of the players on your roster. I'm not sure that that's happening either. I know KH14 and Mayer did well, even Foskey and maybe a few others. I also know ALL ND players get something. Just not sure we are the cream of the crop for NIL with players currently on the roster. 

pretty sure kh14 was highest paid NIL in college football his last year 

11 minutes ago, Burkdd0012 said:

And yet he still sat out when he could have played to protect his draft status. I do not blame him one bit but even being paid NIL does not guarantee the player will play.  Set a salary cap....pay them all. Easier. 

On 12/15/2022 at 11:28 AM, reneg said:

Who is this Miss Information?

I wonder if she’s friends with to Miss Construed, Miss Take, or Miss Allocation.

I do hope Peyton chooses ND. OU is a short drive from home, though, and that probably plays into this as well. 

1 hour ago, Burkdd0012 said:

Right in the first year. I've seen numbers just under seven figures projected for him. Its apparently exploded since then. Quite frankly, the numbers be thrown out for high school kids are many times that, "upfront", before ever playing a down. The number for Bowen, a safety at one of the least impactful positions on the field, was 2 million. The QB going to Tenn was rumored to be around $7M. Those numbers put our highest paid player to shame. 

Now, do I think these numbers and contracts will "self-regulate", sure. In a few years, but until then, ND is again fighting with one hand tied behind their backs. 

All of this NIL stuff is going to be interesting over the next few years. Several reports of players not getting paid, issues in locker rooms from it, and such. It's all over the place. The money is life changing in some cases IF you actually get it. I have zero inside info on this but these stories are all over. Bowen will be an intriguing situation and to hear what comes out after the fact. 

• Heart 1