‘23 TX S Peyton Bowen Commits to Oklahoma

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Starting to feel like the CJ Williams and Amarion Walker recruitments. Stay with ND until the very, and I mean very last second. 

Walker lied to the staff. Bowen is not doing that. He is apparently fly communicating well but I would not consider him a true commit. 

Maybe I am getting my stories confused, but I thought that both Bowen's mother and his brother (2024 prospect) have seemed very positive towards Freeman and the Irish. In particular, I thought his mother really connected with some of the other 2023 commits' parents. Which if true, should help ND's case.

Edited by jbrown_9999
  • Heart 1

36 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Maybe I am getting my stories confused, but I thought that both Bowen's mother and his brother (2024 prospect) have seemed very positive towards Freeman and the Irish. In particular, I thought his mother really connected with some of the other 2023 commits' parents. Which if true, should help ND's case.

Google news had an article where he talks about talking to other programs still…

He did an interview a few months ago.  Said he still talks to other schools just to keep in touch, sort of a "you never know" type of situation.  In the same interview, he said he's locked in with ND as well.  I think he's probably been told and seen how coaches change, schollies get pulled, etc. and feels this is needed.  It seems there is another recent article where he raves about Freeman.

• Heart 1

• 1 month later...

@Big23Head Any word on the status of his commitment. Could have sworn I heard that he was going to either shut things down or completely open them up before his season started. Haven't heard anything - whether he is planning to take OVs or whether he has told ND he is in. I know the ND staff thinks he is in and solid, but OU and A&M writers seem to think otherwise.

Edited by tneun89

8 hours ago, tneun89 said:

@Big23Head Any word on the status of his commitment. Could have sworn I heard that he was going to either shut things down or completely open them up before his season started. Haven't heard anything - whether he is planning to take OVs or whether he has told ND he is in. I know the ND staff thinks he is in and solid, but OU and A&M writers seem to think otherwise.

Sounds like some unofficials might occur. Wait and see for now.