‘23 TX S Peyton Bowen Commits to Oklahoma

10 hours ago, USAFA03_HUGENDFAN said:

If this comes down to the GF then someone needs to share Kahlil Gibran‘s quote on love to this kid.  Don’t pick the Sooners over a girl or a best bud.

Or he could do what I did. Flipped a coin between two schools and I knew when I said flip again that there was only one choice. 

How many times does it happen?  Guy girl go to same college. Break up first month or two in college. Then both regret going there. Be wise young man. 

42 minutes ago, coltssb said:

How many times does it happen?  Guy girl go to same college. Break up first month or two in college. Then both regret going there. Be wise young man. 

If there are any young men/women here looking into colleges. DO NOT go to a college to follow a "special someone." Dont do it... Let our wisdom and experience help you...

• Heart 1
  • Trophy 1
  • Laughing Leprechaun 1

12 hours ago, SDIrishFan said:

Right which means to me they are telling both sides what they want to hear. It would have been pretty easy for Bowen to shut down the OU talk LONG ago if he was truly committed.

Counter point

His brother is also being recruited so also trying to stay in good graces for his brother's recruitment. If you view his visits as tagging along with his brother, it may make more sense. 

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

Counter point

His brother is also being recruited so also trying to stay in good graces for his brother's recruitment. If you view his visits as tagging along with his brother, it may make more sense. 

We're recruiting his brother too I hope...

1 hour ago, Synoptico said:

Counter point

I get that, but if he leaves one school high and dry at the end (after what you’d have to assume is telling them he’s coming), it may burn that bridge either way.

51 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

True but has he told that to OU?

No one really knows for sure, I guess. We're all sort of trying to read the tea leaves here. But, based on the updates from the OU recruiting guys, whatever he is saying is leading them to believe he will flip to them. 

And, I'm sure the ND staff is recruiting him as if he's not committed. Maybe he's even said he's not?

Perhaps everything is above board and he's told both sides he's torn and will make a final decision on whatever date. 

From Rivals' Fact and Fiction segment... nothing earth shattering, just opinion. 

https://n.rivals.com/news/fact-or-fiction-sooners-will-flip-five-stars-peyton-bowen-david-hicks

Fact or Fiction: Sooners will flip five-stars Peyton Bowen, David Hicks

Gorney’s take: FACT. There seems to be decent confidence on the Notre Dame side that Peyton Bowen is going to stick with the Irish and he just had an in-home visit with position coach Chris O’Leary so that could be good news. But I’m skeptical. I don’t think Bowen wants to string anyone along but he’s legitimately struggling with his decision and my bet is that his final choice is flipping to the Sooners. David Hicks is more of an uncertain situation. If the Texas A&M roster is decimated by the portal, I’m not sure if that further solidifies his pledge or scares him off. I’m not sold Hicks flips but I would think Bowen does.

Harris’ take: FACT. I’m feeling more confident in Oklahoma’s ability to flip Peyton Bowen than David Hicks, but the Sooners remain in the mix for both down the stretch. Bowen has flirted with Oklahoma going back to the spring and the intensity to flip him from Notre Dame has only ramped up as National Signing Day nears. On the other side, Texas A&M recently hosted David Hicks for an unofficial visit after his official visit to Norman, and I’m growing more confident in the Aggies’ chances to hold onto Hicks. But Oklahoma will work until pen is put to paper either later this month or into February.

• Flames 1

On 12/9/2022 at 11:20 PM, OKelleyIrish said:

From Rivals' Fact and Fiction segment... nothing earth shattering, just opinion. 

https://n.rivals.com/news/fact-or-fiction-sooners-will-flip-five-stars-peyton-bowen-david-hicks

Fact or Fiction: Sooners will flip five-stars Peyton Bowen, David Hicks

Gorney’s take: FACT. There seems to be decent confidence on the Notre Dame side that Peyton Bowen is going to stick with the Irish and he just had an in-home visit with position coach Chris O’Leary so that could be good news. But I’m skeptical. I don’t think Bowen wants to string anyone along but he’s legitimately struggling with his decision and my bet is that his final choice is flipping to the Sooners. David Hicks is more of an uncertain situation. If the Texas A&M roster is decimated by the portal, I’m not sure if that further solidifies his pledge or scares him off. I’m not sold Hicks flips but I would think Bowen does.

Harris’ take: FACT. I’m feeling more confident in Oklahoma’s ability to flip Peyton Bowen than David Hicks, but the Sooners remain in the mix for both down the stretch. Bowen has flirted with Oklahoma going back to the spring and the intensity to flip him from Notre Dame has only ramped up as National Signing Day nears. On the other side, Texas A&M recently hosted David Hicks for an unofficial visit after his official visit to Norman, and I’m growing more confident in the Aggies’ chances to hold onto Hicks. But Oklahoma will work until pen is put to paper either later this month or into February.

Oklahoma matching Oregon offer of 2 mil up front wowZa 

1 hour ago, foreverirish34 said:

CJ golston tweeted that Peyton is going to stand by his commitment to the Irish and reject multiple deals worth 2 million each from Oregon and Oklahoma.

I would take the money I mean If I am a safety that might see 50 snaps freshman year take the cash kid . Crazy money to turn down

Edited by Burkdd0012

This will get interesting for sure over the next couple of days. I just hope ND fans remain civil and not spread opinions as facts that could make Peyton feel even worse about stuff. Nothing has been decided yet. Peyton is still in regular contact with ND commits which is not usually the case when someone is about to decommit (see Keon).

Just dont take your OPINION based on RUMORS and spread them as FACTS... Happens a lot in the football recruiting world.