‘23 TX S Peyton Bowen Commits to Oklahoma

6 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

Is that his mom on the right side? Because haha, that reaction

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but seems odd that his family had no clue what he was going to decide right up until he put the hat on? His mom seems to love ND though, is she also a 5 star safety with some eligibility? haha

• Laughing Leprechaun 3

Can't help but feel like Dante Moore screwed us twice. First with the decommitment from ND, then the decommitment from Oregon, which I'm sure opened up the bag to other players like Bowen.

How long before Freeman says, yeah, dealing with 16-18 year old kids for recruiting and their NIL deals isn't friging worth it. 

9 minutes ago, NYNDIRISH723 said:

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but seems odd that his family had no clue what he was going to decide right up until he put the hat on? His mom seems to love ND though, is she also a 5 star safety with some eligibility? haha

Looks like Dad wanted Oregon.....Mom Notre Dame.  Oh well. Bye Bye Bye.  Never to be seen or heard from again.

• Heart 2
  • Cheers 1

Im not saying this kid has this much forethought...  however...  I mean ..look at Quinn ewers... he goes to Ohio state for a bag of money .. never plays a down ... grabs another bag of money from texas...    lets say bowen got a descent bag of money from Oregon...  maybe he starts a year and improves his NIL situation and then transfers to the highest bag....     not everyone pans out or even makes it in the NFL ...     he would be set up for life without playing in the league....    makes sense to me.......  must say that I'm disgusted by how this is all possible... but what ya gonna do ?   I like our other two safety prospects!!

8 minutes ago, Irish-scoop said:

Im not saying this kid has this much forethought...  however...  I mean ..look at Quinn ewers... he goes to Ohio state for a bag of money .. never plays a down ... grabs another bag of money from texas...    lets say bowen got a descent bag of money from Oregon...  maybe he starts a year and improves his NIL situation and then transfers to the highest bag....     not everyone pans out or even makes it in the NFL ...     he would be set up for life without playing in the league....    makes sense to me.......  must say that I'm disgusted by how this is all possible... but what ya gonna do ?   I like our other two safety prospects!!

Always wandered how this works.  Because I’ve also heard reports of guys not getting all the money. Also, heard that if a guy transfers out he loses that money. I have no idea how this shit works. Probably neither does most people. 

56 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

Apparently Peyton had told the other commits and coaches last night he was coming to ND. I think his mom's reaction showed the struggle too. The manner in which he did it, especially being "committed" to a school, I think was classless. I would say that if this happened to a school other than ND as well. Just a poor decision IMO and I hope he's better than that and it was just in the moment. 

His twitter bio said that he was committed to ND this morning.

Classless kid.  May he ride the bench his entire career and disappoint his benefactors.

• Heart 1

43 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

Either was truly in the moment or he's lying...again...so you decide

He didn't have to decide today if that's the case.  Who schedules a press conference before the true deadline without knowing what you are going to do?  He continues to lie.

1 hour ago, coltssb said:

Always wandered how this works.  Because I’ve also heard reports of guys not getting all the money. Also, heard that if a guy transfers out he loses that money. I have no idea how this shit works. Probably neither does most people. 

Been reading a bit about some NIL stuff also.  Everyone is different I suppose in how the donors set them up.  Some say that there may been clauses in these contracts tied to various things like performance.  In essence these kids probably aren't reading the fine print and when they don't fulfill their side of the obligation they don't get paid or paid in full.  I don't know.  These need to be regulated better to protect all parties.  I suspect somewhere down the line lawsuits are coming against those playing fast and loose with NIL.

• Heart 3