‘23 TX S Peyton Bowen Commits to Oklahoma

I don’t want any kid that acts like this. The hat game is tired and makes you look like a douche. 

I want kids who want to be here and only here. If I can feel the magic of this campus, surely a kid whose heart is in ball can as well. If it’s not in your heart to come here, play it straight and be honest. 

Recruiting is just going to get more and more ridiculous…

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, ObieKnobbe said:

What a frigin clown.  If you are going to throw a hat down and act like a tough guy at least own it, now he is apologizing?!  Clown show

My guess is that his NIL value took a hit and his handlers concocted the apologies as damage control. 

Here’s my opinion on Bowen. He was always going to go to Oklahoma. He just didn’t have the balls to tell Freeman bye. What other reason would explain why he had it coming down to ND and Oklahoma all year long but didn’t even have the hat on the table. Then randomly pulls Oregon out of nowhere. This was a leverage play on his part. He wanted to go to Oklahoma but he wanted to get paid by them. He knew Oregon would pay. So he chose them and then discussed with Oklahoma this is what they are going to pay me. Can you make this happen. Obviously, ND said we are out. The only reason ND was still in this was if Oklahoma wasn’t going to pay. Then his second choice was ND. Oregon was a power play that worked. Good for him to make that money. But now he’ll be forever linked to the dumbass kid that doesn’t know which side of the bed to piss on.  Now go get toasted on Oklahoma’s defense. 

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, coltssb said:

Here’s my opinion on Bowen. He was always going to go to Oklahoma. He just didn’t have the balls to tell Freeman bye. What other reason would explain why he had it coming down to ND and Oklahoma all year long but didn’t even have the hat on the table. Then randomly pulls Oregon out of nowhere. This was a leverage play on his part. He wanted to go to Oklahoma but he wanted to get paid by them. He knew Oregon would pay. So he chose them and then discussed with Oklahoma this is what they are going to pay me. Can you make this happen. Obviously, ND said we are out. The only reason ND was still in this was if Oklahoma wasn’t going to pay. Then his second choice was ND. Oregon was a power play that worked. Good for him to make that money. But now he’ll be forever linked to the dumbass kid that doesn’t know which side of the bed to piss on.  Now go get toasted on Oklahoma’s defense. 

Nailed it.

19 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Im willing to bet his career fizzles out. This attitude is going to hinder his progression.

I wonder if any of the recruiting guys here can chime in, but I used to follow recruiting closely and I cannot recall many of these guys panning out, if any. Flip flopping between schools as leverage (this "NIL" crap has been going on for years) and transferring all over the place. 

I would be willing to bet the majority of these guys don't truly love the game, but love what it can do for them. Whether it's the publicity, money, or whatever. Once you get to college, everyone is uber talented, its just the guys who love the game put in that extra work in the gym or film room and that makes a huge difference. 

Off the top of my head: Tee Shepherd, Eddie Vanderdoes, Aaron Lynch, Gunner Kiel, Danny Mattingly, Elijah Hood, Deontay Greenberry, Deion Walker, Omar Hunter, Chris Harper, Knox, Robert Beal, Demetris Robertson.

Fewer turned out: Alex Anzalone, Taylor Decker, Ronald Darby, Aaron Lynch. 

Help me out if I'm missing any. 

6 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Flips from ND = he will be a bust... 

lol.... 

sour grapes.... Flipping from another school, and goes to ND, then they'll be great!!! lol

I would love to see this analysis.  There are very few who flipped away from us who turned out to do anything great.

On 12/24/2022 at 10:48 PM, irishwavend said:

I would love to see this analysis.  There are very few who flipped away from us who turned out to do anything great.

Only flips from ND, or all flips in general (all teams).... Only ND flips would be weak without comps, and bust % (in general). 

Regardless, I've followed ND recruiting since services began. Every time a player flips to ND, the narrative is "the kid is smart, and will be star"... and whenever a kid flips from ND, the narrative is "the guy is making dumb choice, and will be a bust". 

2 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Only flips from ND, or all flips in general (all teams).... Only ND flips would be weak without comps, and bust % (in general). 

Regardless, I've followed ND recruiting since services began. Every time a player flips to ND, the narrative is "the kid is smart, and will be star"... and whenever a kid flips from ND, the narrative is "the guy is making dumb choice, and will be a bust". 

Well I just listed a number of guys who flipped from ND, the majority of them did absolutely nothing (13 busts to 4 stars). Here you are mocking the narrative, without providing any evidence. I've compiled a list of guys who flip flopped and the trend is that they are more likely to not pan out. 

You keep saying it is sour grapes, yet I have shown a trend. Go show me all the flips from ND who turned into something...