‘23 TX S Peyton Bowen Commits to Oklahoma

In all seriousness would ND even consider him?  Obviously his whole saga is a CF to say the least.  Would Freeman and the staff go out on a limb or politely tell him thanks but no thanks?  Who else has he reached out to?  How many times would you allow yourself to get rugpulled?

Do people forget how good he is? I understand the headache but in this day an age, where 5 stars are taking money, can ND really turn him away if he spent a semester away and realized he screwed up. 

Additionally, this would use up his one transfer until he graduates. 

1 hour ago, Synoptico said:

Do people forget how good he is? I understand the headache but in this day an age, where 5 stars are taking money, can ND really turn him away if he spent a semester away and realized he screwed up. 

Additionally, this would use up his one transfer until he graduates. 

I agree on the talent portion and especially at a position of need for the team.  Like I said I'm just wondering if Freeman wants to deal with this.  We don't know exactly the conversations that happened 5-6 months ago with the staff and Bowen, and if some things that were said and done may have closed the door here.  Consequences right or wrong may come into play.  Additionally how would he be received by the team given what transpired.  I don't know.

IF he were to come, I'd imagine a healthy dose of humility and get your shit together would need to be administered for it to work.  That's just me though.

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, jessemoore97 said:

I agree on the talent portion and especially at a position of need for the team.  Like I said I'm just wondering if Freeman wants to deal with this.  We don't know exactly the conversations that happened 5-6 months ago with the staff and Bowen, and if some things that were said and done may have closed the door here.  Consequences right or wrong may come into play.  Additionally how would he be received by the team given what transpired.  I don't know.

IF he were to come, I'd imagine a healthy dose of humility and get your shit together would need to be administered for it to work.  That's just me though.

Oh i agree... i dont think, if he comes in, that you are singing his praises, gotta earn it back. 

• Heart 1

On 6/14/2023 at 10:35 AM, jessemoore97 said:

In all seriousness would ND even consider him?  Obviously his whole saga is a CF to say the least.  Would Freeman and the staff go out on a limb or politely tell him thanks but no thanks?  Who else has he reached out to?  How many times would you allow yourself to get rugpulled?

Charlie Brown Football GIF

• Laughing Leprechaun 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2023 at 2:51 PM, jessemoore97 said:

If there wasn't NIL and the portal, I would give him a second chance.  But he seems like he's the type that will bolt after the next round of bidding.

Probably realized that he was down the depth chart at Oklahoma after being The Man at his small town high school.

10 minutes ago, Blammm said:

If there wasn't NIL and the portal, I would give him a second chance.  But he seems like he's the type that will bolt after the next round of bidding.

Probably realized that he was down the depth chart at Oklahoma after being The Man at his small town high school.

That part isnt true. He had a very strong spring. 

14 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

That part isnt true. He had a very strong spring. 

Doesn't mean that he would have been a starter.  He doesn't strike me as the type that is willing to work his way to the top over a couple of years.  

1 hour ago, Blammm said:

Doesn't mean that he would have been a starter.  He doesn't strike me as the type that is willing to work his way to the top over a couple of years.  

He is already in the 2 deep after 1 spring semester and having a big spring. You can root against him but the facts don't say that he will be sitting for years at OU. 

• Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...