The Irish Tribune - Notre Dame Football: 2024

Honestly, I think the schedule worked out well with the BYEs where they are. The only thing that I am slightly concerned about purely from a scheduling standpoint is ND playing on the far East Coast and then the following week playing on the far West Coast. But the BYE's legitimately break the season into 3 parts and one bye is right before one of their big games (FSU).

As for it being Army, I am not overly bothered by it. The 100 year anniversary of the 4 Horsemen, a neutral site in a nice venue, not a FCS team, and should be an easy win. The schedule looks pretty easy for 2024 and it does not bother me at all right now. It is strong enough that an 11-1 ND should easily get into the playoffs and I think ND should be favored in every game unless someone plays much better than projected.

Edited by NDhoosier
  • Heart 1
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Honestly, I think the schedule worked out well with the BYEs where they are. The only thing that I am slightly concerned about purely from a scheduling standpoint is ND playing on the far East Coast and then the following week playing on the far West Coast. But the BYE's legitimately break the season into 3 parts and one bye is right before one of their big games (FSU).

As for it being Army, I am not overly bothered by it. The 100 year anniversary of the 4 Horsemen, a neutral site in a nice venue, not a FCS team, and should be an easy win. The schedule looks pretty easy for 2024 and it does not bother me at all right now. It is strong enough that an 11-1 ND should easily get into the playoffs and I think ND should be favored in every game unless someone plays much better than projected.

I think ND has gone coast to coast in back to back games two of the last three seasons, and it didn’t seem to affect them.

And I agree about the schedule. Ceiling is 12-0 as always, but floor should be 11-1.

• Heart 1
  • Trophy 1

Yes, the schedule certainly looks easier for this next season. I saw this though, the teams on the ND 2024 scheduled actually had a better winning % in 2023 than the teams on last season’s schedule. Nonetheless, I’m also looking for 11-1 or 12-0.

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 2