The Irish Tribune - Notre Dame Football: 2024

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2024 at 5:16 PM, mcgov12 said:

Yankees fan, ND fan…might have to get some tickets. Was there for their huge Pinstripe Bowl win against rutgers. Maybe 2023? Awful fans to be around 

Yankee fan and Giants fan.  Irish playing at Yankee Stadium and Metlife.  I need to go to at least one of these games.  I'd prefer to see Navy over Army, both stadiums are a nightmare to get to from Long Island so that's a wash.  

• Heart 1

On 2/15/2024 at 6:37 PM, Baldy said:

I think ND has gone coast to coast in back to back games two of the last three seasons, and it didn’t seem to affect them.

And I agree about the schedule. Ceiling is 12-0 as always, but floor should be 11-1.

And they're going to be doing it twice this season.  Cali(Stanford) to Georgia(GT) and again later in the season NY(Army) to Cali(USC).

• Flames 1

6 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

And they're going to be doing it twice this season.  Cali(Stanford) to Georgia(GT) and again later in the season NY(Army) to Cali(USC).

It’s totally brutal, and no other team does it.

Meanwhile, all those moron CFB fans try to say Notre Dame’s schedule is so weak. 🙄

When I hear someone say that, I love pointing out the reasons why they’re wrong, but mostly how they don’t know CFB. 😂

• Heart 1

On 3/18/2024 at 5:32 PM, NYGoldenDomer said:

The Stanford game is a home game so no coast to coast there. They are only going coast to coast once this year. 

1 hour ago, USAFA03_HUGENDFAN said:

The Stanford game is a home game so no coast to coast there. They are only going coast to coast once this year. 

Oh, that’s right. Still, no other team does it even once the way Notre Dame does.

42 minutes ago, Baldy said:

Oh, that’s right. Still, no other team does it even once the way Notre Dame does.

Normally I would agree but with the old PAC12 teams in the Big10 and ACC, schools will be doing it more regularly. 

Washington is on the road to Iowa and IU back to back. Cumulatively those two flights are longer than South Bend to LA and NYC. 

UCLA does Rutgers and then Nebraska back to back and that’s even worse. 

And the icing on the cake is Stanford at Cuse then Clemson back to back and that is truly Coast to Coast.  That’s easily 10 hours in the air each weekend.

Edit:

OK UCLA and Washington both have a bye weeks in between their coast to coast games. However Stanford does not. 

Edited by USAFA03_HUGENDFAN
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, USAFA03_HUGENDFAN said:

Normally I would agree but with the old PAC12 teams in the Big10 and ACC, schools will be doing it more regularly. 

Washington is on the road to Iowa and IU back to back. Cumulatively those two flights are longer than South Bend to LA and NYC. 

UCLA does Rutgers and then Nebraska back to back and that’s even worse. 

And the icing on the cake is Stanford at Cuse then Clemson back to back and that is truly Coast to Coast.  That’s easily 10 hours in the air each weekend.

Edit:

OK UCLA and Washington both have a bye weeks in between their coast to coast games. However Stanford does not. 

Yeah, and this is after Notre Dame has been doing it for years, those old PAC-12 teams are going to have to do it because of conference re-alignment. 😂

This is what they chose to do, so they’ll need to embrace it and adapt to survive.

I can’t wait to see the whining and complaining from USC, UCLA, UW, and UO when they get punched in the mouth by the B1G, along with Stanford and Cal having to go Coast to Coast in a regular season.

It really will be a joy to watch!

Meanwhile, us Notre Dame fans will be like, told ya so! 🤣

• Heart 2

Man, shoulder surgery is worrisome.  Seems like that can take awhile to get back to 100%.  I hope it's not a huge setback for him.  I suppose it's an opportunity for a lot of depth guys to get reps.

5 hours ago, JeffV said:

Man, shoulder surgery is worrisome.  Seems like that can take awhile to get back to 100%.  I hope it's not a huge setback for him.  I suppose it's an opportunity for a lot of depth guys to get reps.

Yeah, I’m a bit worried about it too. Hopefully it doesn’t lead to a set back and he can get back to 100% by fall camp! 🤞🏼

But yes, big opportunity for the other guys for sure!