'23 KS RB/APB/Slot Dylan Edwards Decommits

Hey @Mike

Any idea why embedded/lined tweets aren't showing up with full graphics?

Strange, but now they just show text with links, and have a scroll lever to the right. If I refresh the tab, it will download the full tweet. And then when I come back to the thread, it's text only again until I refresh. 

I'm using chrome (and it's fully updated), so not sure why it's happening. 

4 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Hey @Mike

Any idea why embedded/lined tweets aren't showing up with full graphics?

Strange, but now they just show text with links, and have a scroll lever to the right. If I refresh the tab, it will download the full tweet. And then when I come back to the thread, it's text only again until I refresh. 

I'm using chrome (and it's fully updated), so not sure why it's happening. 

Since it's a handful of tweets in one post, it might take a few seconds to load the embeds.

As for 247 embeds, You should be able to click source, paste the embed, and go back to the visual editor (click source again) to continue editing your post 

Can you try that and see if it works, if you haven't already?

Screenshot_20220730-100646~2.png

52 minutes ago, Mike said:

Since it's a handful of tweets in one post, it might take a few seconds to load the embeds.

As for 247 embeds, You should be able to click source, paste the embed, and go back to the visual editor (click source again) to continue editing your post 

Can you try that and see if it works, if you haven't already?

Screenshot_20220730-100646~2.png

Worked!

Thanks Mike. 

I don't think the tweet thing is about time to download. I went to a page and actually tested. Made some coffee (5-10 min process in a French Press lol), came back, and still just text. If I refresh, they fully download, and it happens pretty quick but takes a few secs. I went to two other pro sites that use the same software, and both are having the same issue. Also checked with a buddy back in Indy who is on the same pro board (same software), and he's experiencing the same thing. I also tested my connection and it's fine. Has there been a software update lately? I noticed it first when I came back a few days ago. 

PS.. and even after download, there's still a scroll bar on the right. Never saw that before either. 

Edited by OKelleyIrish
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Worked!

Thanks Mike. 

I don't think the tweet thing is about time to download. I went to a page and actually tested. Made some coffee (5-10 min process in a French Press lol), came back, and still just text. If I refresh, they fully download, and it happens pretty quick but takes a few secs. I went to two other pro sites that use the same software, and both are having the same issue. Also checked with a buddy back in Indy who is on the same pro board (same software), and he's experiencing the same thing. I also tested my connection and it's fine. Has there been a software update lately? I noticed it first when I came back a few days ago. 

PS.. and even after download, there's still a scroll bar on the right. Never saw that before either. 

I have noticed the scroll bar to the right a few times. You might be right connecting it to the latest update. There are two 'big' updates a year I think, and the there was one in July 5th.

Going to do a little extra digging on this. The embeds are a default option, and not an add on, so shouldn't lose compatibility. Will see what I can figure out and I'll reach out to the devs if needed. Thanks for letting me know.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I have noticed the scroll bar to the right a few times. You might be right connecting it to the latest update. There are two 'big' updates a year I think, and the there was one in July 5th.

Going to do a little extra digging on this. The embeds are a default option, and not an add on, so shouldn't lose compatibility. Will see what I can figure out and I'll reach out to the devs if needed. Thanks for letting me know.

Invision had a similar issue in 2019. I think the API broke on an update. 

If I had to guess, it's either that, but more likely they added a new feature or control on download (Twitter, FB, Youtube) limitations, and the default simply needs to be upped. 

1 hour ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Invision had a similar issue in 2019. I think the API broke on an update. 

If I had to guess, it's either that, but more likely they added a new feature or control on download (Twitter, FB, Youtube) limitations, and the default simply needs to be upped. 

Looks like it is a bug. They mentioned a patch being out there, but I'm assuming it's been pulled since it's not showing for me when manually checking. Hopefully it's only temporary.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Looks like it is a bug. They mentioned a patch being out there, but I'm assuming it's been pulled since it's not showing for me when manually checking. Hopefully it's only temporary.

Cool. 

I thought either a bug/break or new feature limitation default setting. 

Leaned toward bug since it's happened before to them, and everything else (youtube, pic links, etc.) continued to work. 

Let me know what you find out so I can share with the other boards. 

1 minute ago, NDhoosier said:

So, IB is saying that he is being recruited by ND as a slot WR (none of the current committed WRs or Hanafin are considered slot WRs). Some of his recent camp short clips are of him playing WR.

Yup, likely slot or APB. 

Only 165 right now lol.... 

1 minute ago, NDhoosier said:

I mentioned it just in case people are curious what this means for Love. This does not appear to affect Love's spot at all.

Yup. 

But you never know. Tyree was about the same size at this point of his recruitment.