‘23 TX S Peyton Bowen Commits to Oklahoma

15 hours ago, XanderCrews said:

Do you guys want ND to win a title or not? You win Titles with players like Bowen, not like Dj Brown. Those are just facts. 

Sure we do, but in the current landscape of college football, it's not happening...we are handcuffed and play by far different rules. So I choose not to lament what we don't have and work within the boundaries of the hand I'm dealt.

• Leprechaun 1

18 hours ago, XanderCrews said:

Do you guys want ND to win a title or not? You win Titles with players like Bowen, not like Dj Brown. Those are just facts. 

You may want to give the Irish coaching staff a call since they must not know how to evaluate talent. You can offer them your services as a talent scout. Perhaps they also need to be told that they should have the best talent possible on their roster to win a NC. It appears that you think that maybe they don't realize that.

In any case, as much as the ND coaching staff wanted him, Bowen will not be there next season. I also did not see any first team All-American safeties in the transfer portal. Finally, I do not think that Freeman is allowed to sign any NFL free agents.  Given the lack of any "can't miss" better options, DJ Brown, who is a known quantity to the coaching staff and has one year left, is not a bad choice to have on the roster for 2023. 

On 1/14/2023 at 11:09 AM, Rocketsan said:

Sure we do, but in the current landscape of college football, it's not happening...we are handcuffed and play by far different rules. So I choose not to lament what we don't have and work within the boundaries of the hand I'm dealt.

They handcuff themselves, pay the 5* recruits.

On 1/14/2023 at 1:25 PM, jbrown_9999 said:

You may want to give the Irish coaching staff a call since they must not know how to evaluate talent. You can offer them your services as a talent scout. Perhaps they also need to be told that they should have the best talent possible on their roster to win a NC. It appears that you think that maybe they don't realize that.

In any case, as much as the ND coaching staff wanted him, Bowen will not be there next season. I also did not see any first team All-American safeties in the transfer portal. Finally, I do not think that Freeman is allowed to sign any NFL free agents.  Given the lack of any "can't miss" better options, DJ Brown, who is a known quantity to the coaching staff and has one year left, is not a bad choice to have on the roster for 2023. 

Catalon from Arkansas is way better but the staff told him “no.” 

9 minutes ago, coltssb said:

I agree. But was something else going on?  Grades? Money?  Something seemed very weird here. 

Past injuries and would he be healthy. He is absolutely a top prospect if healthy. ND appeared to go with the sure thing and a solid player in their eyes.

29 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

Past injuries and would he be healthy. He is absolutely a top prospect if healthy. ND appeared to go with the sure thing and a solid player in their eyes.

Right, we don't have to depth to take a flyer on an injury prone kid, regardless of potential. We need bodies who can play on Saturday. 

• Heart 2

9 hours ago, Big23Head said:

The sure thing who barely exists on the field. Dumb, take the chance on Catalon. No more hanging on to underachieving tryhards from the previous Administration. Brown, Kiser, Marist, Baker, Carmody can all go. They’re not needed.

23 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

how long has he been a member there? He is pretty new to this website.

It appears he’s either been banned or taken himself off of there. This is the only ND board I’m a member of anymore but I pop in there from time to time 

• Heart 1

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/football/oklahoma-db-peyton-bowen-describes-paperwork-error-with-oregon-i-should-be-there

Baaaahahahaha.    Dude is a whack job

The Sooners’ 5-star safety out of Denton, TX, revealed two semi-bombshells during his nearly 40-minute media interview at the Stadium Club.

One cleared up the misconception that he didn’t send his binding National Letter of Intent to Oregon.

He did.

But it was an inadvertent paperwork error on his part that prevented his NLI from being official.

“I sent it in,” Bowen revealed. “We just didn’t put the “a.m.” or “p.m.” On accident. So I should be there.”

“I wrote the time. But I didn’t write ‘a.m.’ next to it, and that was it.”

Bowen had been verbally committed to Notre Dame for almost a year. But on National Signing Day, he flipped to Oregon.

Oregon officials, of course, noticed the error. “Yeah,” Bowen said, “I just didn’t send (a corrected version) in.”

• 3 months later...