‘23 TX S Peyton Bowen Commits to Oklahoma

41 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Davonte Neal. Aaron Lynch Tee Shepard, Greenberry now Bowen. I won't get excited when these things take right up to the day.

Tee Shepard was lame because he said he was going to pick a name from a hat on signing day, but otherwise not awful. Greenberry was a tool, played ND along and signed with Houston. I feel like there has to be some real bag money there somewhere for him to pick Houston but what do I know?

2 hours ago, 4thand1 said:

Wondering how many examples of NIL issues the new NCAA president is going to need before putting stricter rules in place.  How in the heck are schools supposed to plan for their rosters with the craziness of NIL and transfer portal issues. 

Needs to be done. He is a a career politician, not an educator, so I think he will have a clearer picture of what to do because he is not beholden to any college.

On this recruitment, I'm not going to believe anything more until he actually signs.  Then I probably won't believe it until he actually gets on campus.  Too many rumors, commitments made and then broken to believe any scuttlebutt on the street.

• Heart 1

Oklahoma (the real OU) makes a lot of sense for Bowen.  It's probably a two hour drive from his house.  His high school quarterback committed and signed there.  I don't know if Venables will pan out as a head coach, but OU is a good place for Bowen to be.  Oregon?  Made no sense other than NIL.

• Heart 2

6 minutes ago, AnTostal said:

Oklahoma (the real OU) makes a lot of sense for Bowen.  It's probably a two hour drive from his house.  His high school quarterback committed and signed there.  I don't know if Venables will pan out as a head coach, but OU is a good place for Bowen to be.  Oregon?  Made no sense other than NIL.

close enough where family can keep an eye on him too. Homesickness got to Aaron Lynch.

ND had stopped pursuing him after yesterday and essentially took the stance the he needed to choose them, they weren't fighting for him after that and all they had already put into him. He knew where ND stood and how ND felt about him as a player. I think Oklahoma was the right choice in the end for him. Best of luck. ND needs to find a safety now.