‘25 IL DL Chris Burgess [ND Verbal]

2 hours ago, mcgov12 said:

Big what’s your take on Burgess? I see him as a very realistic push towards a 5 star. 

Not Big, but he is very raw and has all the physical tools to be dominant, he just needs to learn the game more as he has not played football all his life like many others have.

Some see him similar to Bryce Young in that he could take off his senior year with another year of learning the game and techniques. The great news is that the raw version of Burgess is seen as much better than the raw version of Young (Young jumped up the rankings his senior year)

• Heart 1
  • Leprechaun 1

14 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Not Big, but he is very raw and has all the physical tools to be dominant, he just needs to learn the game more as he has not played football all his life like many others have.

Some see him similar to Bryce Young in that he could take off his senior year with another year of learning the game and techniques. The great news is that the raw version of Burgess is seen as much better than the raw version of Young (Young jumped up the rankings his senior year)

We'll view him like we viewed Jordan Botelho/I. Foskey for his first 2-3 years. Whenever he's out there we'll say WOW, I hope he's a Terror on Special Teams. His length could block 3 or 4 punts in his early career. Then reshape your body and become a starter.

• Heart 1
  • Leprechaun 1

On3 Consensus: 4-star, #130 overall, #9 Edge

247: 4-star, #213 overall, #21 Edge

Rivals: 4-star, #61 overall, #6 Edge

On3: 4-star, #129 overall, #8 Edge

Offers: Alabama, Arizona State, Auburn, Cincinnati, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Louisville, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Purdue, Tennessee, Wisconsin

• Heart 2
  • Trophy 1

He looks super athletic, and a big frame.  Could add weight or not depending on position.  He'll add strength.  Runs really well, but oddly he played inside a lot in his Jr non-highlight reel film - so he'd win on quickness/burst, but get pushed sometimes (stands up more than a DT ever should).  I'd bet they see him as an end or Vyper for ND.

8 minutes ago, JeffV said:

He looks super athletic, and a big frame.  Could add weight or not depending on position.  He'll add strength.  Runs really well, but oddly he played inside a lot in his Jr non-highlight reel film - so he'd win on quickness/burst, but get pushed sometimes (stands up more than a DT ever should).  I'd bet they see him as an end or Vyper for ND.

Definitely will benefit from college coaching on pad level and such. With those arms he's on my punt block team pretty early on if i'm Biagi.

• Leprechaun 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...