‘23 TX S Peyton Bowen Commits to Oklahoma

35 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Bedlam is today, I am sure he is there.  I hope its a snoozefest.  I'd hate to see Oklahoma get a win with him in the building but I also don't wanna see Oklahoma State win either.  Tough choice.  Maybe an ugly 6-3(its the B12 yea right lol) win for OKST so they don't move up much, if it all, in the rankings.  Keep them behind ND.

Why don't you want ok st to win? They are irrelevant.  I hope they destroy Oklahoma 

1 hour ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

If you read my post again, I literally said I want I want an ugly 6-3 OKST win because I want to ensure they don't jump ahead of the Irish.

Yeah. I was confused because there is no chance of that.  We're 18. They are 22.  They arent going to jump 5 spots by beating a .500 team regardless if it was a win by 60 points. 

Go Ok state. Destroy Oklahoma by 30 and hopefully Peyton Bowen sees the light

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Anyone know the latest whispers? (from the OK in-home?)

2023 S Peyton Bowen closing in on decision with in-home visits nearing

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/2023-s-peyton-bowen-closing-in-on-decision-with-in-home-visits-nearing

Still an OU/ND battle. OU insiders feel good about a flip. ND insiders feel good about him sticking. Seems like a situation where he may be telling each staff what they want to hear, so one side will be very wrong. FWIW, those connected to his HS feel like it's OU, but his HS (Guyer) is a huge feeder school to OU, so maybe some bias there. O'Leary is going in-home today. I believe some OU assistants have an in-home on Wednesday. Freeman is using his in-home later in December, right before Early NSD - it's already scheduled.

Favoring ND: Long time commitment, loved his Clemson visit, Mom LOVES ND, early playing time - chance to start right away next year. Loves Freeman and O'Leary. ND defense played well the majority of the season. If he was all OU, why not decommit earlier and help OU put together a great recruiting class with 5-star QB Jackson Arnold (HS teammate and best friend).

Favoring OU: Best friend (Arnold) and girlfriend going to OU. Dad likes OU. Attractive NIL package (based on OU insiders). Has visiting approximately 365 times since he committed to ND on Jan. 1, 2022. Close to home. HS is huge feeder school to OU.

I would be lying if I had any idea because both sides seem extremely confident. The one thing I keep coming back to is that if he was all OU, why wait to flip until NSD - why not decommit earlier and then help OU build a recruiting class with his buddy and HS teammate Arnold. But there is too much smoke surrounding OU. Maybe he is just having a hard time telling Freeman "no." He is telling the ND staff that he is still committed. Really hope this isn't an Amarion Walker situation. We should find out in about two weeks. One of the craziest recruitments ND has seen in a while.

My gut says he flips to OU.

• Trophy 1

5 hours ago, tneun89 said:

Still an OU/ND battle. OU insiders feel good about a flip. ND insiders feel good about him sticking. Seems like a situation where he may be telling each staff what they want to hear, so one side will be very wrong. FWIW, those connected to his HS feel like it's OU, but his HS (Guyer) is a huge feeder school to OU, so maybe some bias there. O'Leary is going in-home today. I believe some OU assistants have an in-home on Wednesday. Freeman is using his in-home later in December, right before Early NSD - it's already scheduled.

Favoring ND: Long time commitment, loved his Clemson visit, Mom LOVES ND, early playing time - chance to start right away next year. Loves Freeman and O'Leary. ND defense played well the majority of the season. If he was all OU, why not decommit earlier and help OU put together a great recruiting class with 5-star QB Jackson Arnold (HS teammate and best friend).

Favoring OU: Best friend (Arnold) and girlfriend going to OU. Dad likes OU. Attractive NIL package (based on OU insiders). Has visiting approximately 365 times since he committed to ND on Jan. 1, 2022. Close to home. HS is huge feeder school to OU.

I would be lying if I had any idea because both sides seem extremely confident. The one thing I keep coming back to is that if he was all OU, why wait to flip until NSD - why not decommit earlier and then help OU build a recruiting class with his buddy and HS teammate Arnold. But there is too much smoke surrounding OU. Maybe he is just having a hard time telling Freeman "no." He is telling the ND staff that he is still committed. Really hope this isn't an Amarion Walker situation. We should find out in about two weeks. One of the craziest recruitments ND has seen in a while.

Learning Take Note GIF by BLoafX

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

8 hours ago, tneun89 said:

Yup. I heard most of the above over the course of the recruiting. And my gut agrees your gut. 

IMO, he committed early, and has second thoughts for a long time, and doesn't want to make mom sad... lol... 

3 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Yup. I heard most of the above over the course of the recruiting. And my gut agrees your gut. 

IMO, he committed early, and has second thoughts for a long time, and doesn't want to make mom sad... lol... 

Just so I can be contrary and look like a sage if you’re wrong, my gut says he’s Irish.  There…it’s in writing and I can point to it if he chooses us….  🤣

• Laughing Leprechaun 3

1 hour ago, irishwavend said:

Just so I can be contrary and look like a sage if you’re wrong, my gut says he’s Irish.  There…it’s in writing and I can point to it if he chooses us….  🤣

Nothing would surprise me... but he's been on the edge for a long, long, long time.. 

The fact that we know mom is in love with ND, and he's still on the edge, doesn't sit well with me...

Hope you are correct, and he loves mom! Or mom rules the house... lol

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, tneun89 said:

Rivals is updating their rankings this week and announcing all 5-stars today. Bowen is ranked 5-star, #10 overall. For reference, Keon Keeley is ranked #21. 

Bowen had a HUGE season. Must keep.

It would be nice but I've essentially resigned myself to the fact he's not signing with ND. Just too many Amorion Walker vibes at this point. Every update the comes out from the OU side is positive for them. Not to mention, we're battling the dreaded high school GF. Not sure we've ever won one of those. On top of dad preferring OU, the HS coaching staff being in bed with OU. 

What doesn't make sense is, why hasn't he already jumped ship? Just afraid to tell the ND coaches the tough news?

2 hours ago, SDIrishFan said:

It would be nice but I've essentially resigned myself to the fact he's not signing with ND. Just too many Amorion Walker vibes at this point. Every update the comes out from the OU side is positive for them. Not to mention, we're battling the dreaded high school GF. Not sure we've ever won one of those. On top of dad preferring OU, the HS coaching staff being in bed with OU. 

What doesn't make sense is, why hasn't he already jumped ship? Just afraid to tell the ND coaches the tough news?

I'm in the same boat, but that's what I don't get. Why not flip back in August/September and start recruiting hard for OU. That part makes no sense. OU beat writer for 247 had an update that makes me more resigned to my belief that he will flip in the next two weeks.

8 minutes ago, tneun89 said:

I'm in the same boat, but that's what I don't get. Why not flip back in August/September and start recruiting hard for OU. That part makes no sense. OU beat writer for 247 had an update that makes me more resigned to my belief that he will flip in the next two weeks.

I'm with you.  I felt the same with A. Walker last year.  Walker could have easily flipped long before he actually did without supposedly telling the staff what they wanted to hear along the way.

I think sometimes a kid truly is torn, as Bowen may be, and in other cases the kid is either afraid to tell the coach they are flipping because of their relationship or they love the extra attention.

Then if they make the decision right at signing day, they don't have to deal with a lot of flack since it's water under the bridge once they sign with a school.

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

OU writers have been saying it would flip for almost a year now "in the coming days." Yet, it still never happened.

The girlfriend part does worry me a little bit, but plenty of ND insiders are still optimistic. Who knows.

Right which means to me they are telling both sides what they want to hear. It would have been pretty easy for Bowen to shut down the OU talk LONG ago if he was truly committed.

2 hours ago, D Fence said:

I'm with you.  I felt the same with A. Walker last year.  Walker could have easily flipped long before he actually did without supposedly telling the staff what they wanted to hear along the way.

I think sometimes a kid truly is torn, as Bowen may be, and in other cases the kid is either afraid to tell the coach they are flipping because of their relationship or they love the extra attention.

Then if they make the decision right at signing day, they don't have to deal with a lot of flack since it's water under the bridge once they sign with a school.

I hate that this drags on. I do believe though that some kids are just torn.  My own daughter who was recruited to play D1 Soccer had to call her coach and let her know she decided against taking the scholarship and chose to go to another school for purely academic reasons.  You never know sometimes. That being said if it was ND who offered her I would have made sure she went though I would not have had too as she had visited many times and would have been the first one to sign. 

I am sure Bowen is going to be a great player, but if he doesn’t come it is what it is. The last big time 5 star safety ND signed (I think Hamilton was more of a late bloomer recruiting) was Max Redfield and I feel like it was the same situation with USC.  He didn’t pan out so all the worrying was for nothing. With Bowen even if he comes he could leave in a year if something doesn’t work out.

I sure hope he sticks. 

My gut feels like a early signing day flip on Dec21... to avoid the media/fans, etc.. 

If he were Irish, seems he could/would shut down stuff... 

My heart hopes he's Irish, and is just torn between friends/girl and his love for ND.. and ND wins.. 

Edited by OKelleyIrish