Anything and everything BEER

If you like the style of the Hefs, I recommend that you search for a Saison or a Gueuze and let your pallet have an orgasm.

I am making my pallet suffer right now in order to give my liver some much needed time off. One of the guys here in the office has been home brewing a lot of different meads, he is working on starting his own craft brew company, so I have to let the old liver air out before D-day.

I will definitely try them out after spring break for my insides is over.

I am making my pallet suffer right now in order to give my liver some much needed time off. One of the guys here in the office has been home brewing a lot of different meads, he is working on starting his own craft brew company, so I have to let the old liver air out before D-day.

I will definitely try them out after spring break for my insides is over.

I love me a good Mead. The OG of Beers. The ABV is the death to those who don't know.

Try Goose Island 312 if you like wheat ales. Its pretty good and brewed for the masses. Also don't be afraid to try any German Heffe Weisen, if you already haven't.

Just this past Tuesday I had a 4+ hour layover in Washington DC so for breakfast I had a 3 egg omelett and a Heffe Weisen for breakfast. They went well together actually!

I took a drink and instantly declared it to be low alcohol content pickle juice, much to the horror of the folks around me. The sad part was after I said that no one could taste anything but pickle juice.

I like wheat ales, everything else is pretty much a waste on me.

If you had a sour ale that was low alcohol it was most likely a fruit ale or sour wild ale. Sours are aged for a year or more in wine, whiskey, or whatever else barrels. A good sour should be at least 7.5-12% abv. We have a good sour ale brewery here called Cascade, but if you can't find that in your area see if you can get a Russian river sour.

If you like Hef the original is still the best to me. Here's a link

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/252/731/

Edited by Jim2Dokes

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone is in the Pittsburgh area, I highly recommend House of a 1,000 Beers.

http://www.houseof1000beers.com

Art and John are the most friendly guys I have ever met, they made us feel welcome and the selection of beers they have is mind boggling. I paid for beer three times after seeing more the second and third time I perused their shelves...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...