'25 CT S Ethan Long is Irish

On3 Consensus: 3-star, #395 overall, #32 S

247: 3-star, #23 S

Rivals: 3-star, #27 S

On3: 3-star, #35 S

Offers: Boston College, Connecticut, Duke, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Pitt, UCLA, Wisconsin, Yale

Agree, but I'll bet Blair looks elsewhere now.  I feel like his camp is "promoting" pretty hard, too.  Love the player, but he would've seemed like a flight risk until the day he arrived.  

I prefer Long - great news we got him!

4 hours ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

Tim Hyde high is on him. Said the word Hamilton. I'm not willing to go there but in this era ND DBs are locked on man coverage and the linebackers are pass rushers you can never have enough dbs. They like him in the deep middle like Xavier Watts.

I don’t know if he’ll turn into Kyle Hamilton but he certainly looks like Hamilton when he committed as a junior. They have the same long lanky frame, no pun intended. Even when you see Hamilton in the NFL he looks extremely long compared to most of the league.

Edited by BTC4
  • Heart 1

16 hours ago, JeffV said:

Agree, but I'll bet Blair looks elsewhere now.  I feel like his camp is "promoting" pretty hard, too.  Love the player, but he would've seemed like a flight risk until the day he arrived. 

In this day and age, players are flight risks even after they arrive. See Dante Moore, the A&M gang, and others 

2 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

In this day and age, players are flight risks even after they arrive. See Dante Moore, the A&M gang, and others 

True.  Unlike the previous administration, I have much more faith in Freeman and Co to keep fighting for the kids they want.  Also with the portal and NIL, I see there is talk of teams moving away from recruiting the HS ranks as hard and taking less kids.  Grabbing college "proven" players from the portal from less prominent school who can't retain star players with their limited NIL funds.

6 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

True.  Unlike the previous administration, I have much more faith in Freeman and Co to keep fighting for the kids they want.  Also with the portal and NIL, I see there is talk of teams moving away from recruiting the HS ranks as hard and taking less kids.  Grabbing college "proven" players from the portal from less prominent school who can't retain star players with their limited NIL funds.

ND already doing that for kickers. 

Southern Cal showed that it might be hard to be  (& stay) successful with a true mercenary-based model but Colorado, Louisville and Florida St are trying.

• 1 month later...