Anything and everything BEER

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

We need to get this thread going again- I love the recommendations!

ย 

Iโ€™ve been on a session IPA kick lately, though I was hooked up with an Oatmeal Pale Ale from Sole Brewing over Christmas. Itโ€™s deliciously hoppy, and contrasts well with a lot of the heavier stouts and porters Iโ€™ve had lately.

ย 

I brewed a sixer of a generic porter a few weeks ago that Iโ€™m interested in trying, and Iโ€™m looking forward to brewing an Irish Red here in the next few weeks. Hopefully when the missus and I move next year, I can upgrade my homebrew setup and get my hands on that kegerator Iโ€™ve always wanted :-)

ย 

Whatโ€™s everyone drinking to ring in the new year?

We need to get this thread going again- I love the recommendations!

ย 

Iโ€™ve been on a session IPA kick lately, though I was hooked up with an Oatmeal Pale Ale from Sole Brewing over Christmas. Itโ€™s deliciously hoppy, and contrasts well with a lot of the heavier stouts and porters Iโ€™ve had lately.

ย 

I brewed a sixer of a generic porter a few weeks ago that Iโ€™m interested in trying, and Iโ€™m looking forward to brewing an Irish Red here in the next few weeks. Hopefully when the missus and I move next year, I can upgrade my homebrew setup and get my hands on that kegerator Iโ€™ve always wanted :-)

ย 

Whatโ€™s everyone drinking to ring in the new year?

ย 

I broke out a bomber of Goose island bourbon county brand stout from 2015 and a bomber of cigar city marshall zhukov vanilla hazlenut stout. Both were fantastic. My cellar collection has a few that need to be drank in the next few months.

I broke out a bomber of Goose island bourbon county brand stout from 2015 and a bomber of cigar city marshall zhukov vanilla hazlenut stout. Both were fantastic. My cellar collection has a few that need to be drank in the next few months.

ย 

I popped open a 2015 chocolate stout i was saving for a good time on Jan 1 and it sucked...clearly not high enough abv to cellar...

ย 

oh well...

I popped open a 2015 chocolate stout i was saving for a good time on Jan 1 and it sucked...clearly not high enough abv to cellar...

ย 

oh well...

ย 

It happens. Sometimes they just dont age well. Ive got probably 50 or so down in the basement and keep adding to my cellar. Ive got a FFF darklord down there as well that i plan on popping in May. Im not sure if you can get it up there, but you should look for Founders CBS if you guys got it and there is still some around you should grab some.

Im not sure if you can get it up there, but you should look for Founders CBS if you guys got it and there is still some around you should grab some.

ย 

Funny enough, My brother-in-law gave me a bottle for Christmas!!!!!

ย 

Is it a saver or an open now?

ย 

ย 

This is a call youโ€™ll have to make. Iโ€™m going to open my bottle soon as I canโ€™t wait since Iโ€™ve never had it and this is the first time theyโ€™ve brewed it in five years. My best advice would be to drink it now and go find some more to sit in the cellar lol

• 3 months later...

ย 

ย 

I just had this on tap finally! Very good, nice job with the maple. Most beers when they have maple it is overpowering. Probably because they used maple barrels and didnโ€™t actually add maple. Very smooth beer, way smoother than lbs which is too roasted for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to like lighter wheat beers myself. I am a big fan of Upland Brewing out of Indiana. I spent some time there last year when I was in Indiana and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Actually I knocked back 8 of the wheat ales during our one hour lunch and spent the rest of the day in a mild to moderate stupor.

ย 

I don't see it on their current brew list but they had a Komodo Dragonfly IPA that my IPA loving buddies enjoyed, I thought it was like drinking week old 7-11 coffee black.

Message me, Iโ€™ve got several things you may be interested in. Dogfishead world wide vanilla, cigar city stuff and others.

ย 

I tried the Cigar City Jai-Alai IPA last night. As a not huge IPA fan I enjoyed it, a little less bitter than a lot of IPAs, had a nice grapefruit taste to it. Reminds me of the Ballast Point Sculpin IPA.