Anything and everything BEER

My favs from Ny are Equilibrium, other half and foreign objects.

Other Half is good, had all kinds of those. I'm not sure if I have had anything from Equilibrium but I know I haven't had anything from Foreign Objects, I have never heard of that one.

Some of my local(at least Long Island, NY local) favorites are Garvies Point, Montauk, Sand City, Finback, and DUBCO.

My other favorites are Tree House and Trillium out of the Boston area. Ugh, so good. Sloop which is North of NYC and Industrial Arts is good too.

Edited by NYGoldenDomer

My favs from Ny are Equilibrium, other half and foreign objects.

Other Half is good, had all kinds of those. I'm not sure if I have had anything from Equilibrium but I know I haven't had anything from Foreign Objects, I have never heard of that one.

Some of my local(at least Long Island, NY local) favorites are Garvies Point, Montauk, Sand City, Finback, and DUBCO.

My other favorites are Tree House and Trillium out of the Boston area. Ugh, so good. Sloop which is North of NYC and Industrial Arts is good too.

And with that said, my local Bev had some Equilibrium IPAs so I grabbed a couple. I'll let you know!

Voodoo Ranger has been doing a helluva a job mass producing some good craft beers. That’s been my go-to lately when I need a default.

I see you're in FL. Cigar City makes a great IPA, Jai Alai, or however the hell it is spelled. I think they're out of the Tampa area.

Sitting pretty in Beer City. Founders is 5 minutes away with an additional 45 breweries in the city and, of course, breweries like Bell's and Old Nation all within easy driving distance.

I just picked up homebrewing (2 tier setup, not 3) and have a rum-pumpkin ale bottle conditioning with a Goose Island BCBS clone coming up next.

I love any beer but have a tendency towards the ABV monsters, so BA Imperial Stouts.. ...the boozier, the better.

Personal favorites would be New Holland Triple Mash 2020, City Built 13-Hour, Old Nation Boss Tweed, Avery Rumpkin and a litany of Transient Stouts/HazyIPAs.

Great thread!

I keep 2 beers tapped (of the 5) in my kegerator at all times....

Trophy Brewing's Trophy Husband and Raleigh Brewing's First Squeeze.

Considering this as a possibility in the future. How fast do you find you need to go through a keg before it starts to turn on you? How often are you throwing one (or more) back? One a day, a few a week, 2 before breakfast?

Considering this as a possibility in the future. How fast do you find you need to go through a keg before it starts to turn on you? How often are you throwing one (or more) back? One a day, a few a week, 2 before breakfast?

Well the craft beers typically come in a 1/6 barrel, so that's about 41 pints. Since I usually only keep 2 on tap at a time, you're talking about 80 pints. I usually kill that in about a month...3 weeks during football season. lol. Plus I have friends who have no issue with helping.

I have a company that comes out about 3 times a year to flush/rinse out my lines. Restaurants have to have this done a lot more often due to volume, but I found that it's perfect for me and I'm not so much of a beer snob that I flush the lines when putting a new beer on the same tap line.

And because it's a 5 tap system, I usually shift between taps with every keg purchase just to equalize the use of each.

That's a sweet setup

Thanks man. I was originally looking for a 2 tap True Kegerator, but I found this 5 tap one being sold on CL by a craft brewery nearby that was going under. The price was too good to pass up and I just ended up refurbishing the entire thing---new paint, new lines, new faucets, etc...

Moving it was a a whole different story, becuase it weighs about 800 pounds. What Im finding that's really nice is that it's size allows is to double as a garage fridge since there is so much space leftover....

Edited by echo88

Who do y’all think has the best barrel aged program? I am going to go with Firestone Walker, I just enjoyed a 2019 sucaba last night. They kill it and honestly have some of the most accessible ba beers. Love to here everyone’s thoughts as this style is easily my favorite.

Who do y’all think has the best barrel aged program? I am going to go with Firestone Walker, I just enjoyed a 2019 sucaba last night. They kill it and honestly have some of the most accessible ba beers. Love to here everyone’s thoughts as this style is easily my favorite.

Firestone is pretty amazing. If you're ever in their neck of the woods, their bar that is attached to the brewery is an old semi truck repair shop. They have instruments on the wall that they encourage patrons to take down to play along with whatever live band they have booked. Its a really cool, fun time...

Firestone is pretty amazing. If you're ever in their neck of the woods, their bar that is attached to the brewery is an old semi truck repair shop. They have instruments on the wall that they encourage patrons to take down to play along with whatever live band they have booked. Its a really cool, fun time...

Hey! Look at that we agree on something. That’s what I love about good beer, brings people together.

Yeah, I haven’t been to so cal since in my early 20s, but will for sure check it out if I go again and Stone I heard is awesome atmosphere as well.

Ok so I had a very smooth IPA called Einstein's Little Favorite. Brewed with orange and vanilla and it was delicious.

ELF.jpg

Yum! Looks good. Glad you enjoyed it.

Hey! Look at that we agree on something. That’s what I love about good beer, brings people together.

Yeah, I haven’t been to so cal since in my early 20s, but will for sure check it out if I go again and Stone I heard is awesome atmosphere as well.

Yum! Looks good. Glad you enjoyed it.

I have two more. One is a 10ABV DIPA and I forgot the other IPA. I think it was also another orange flavored. Maybe orange and creme? Creamsicle maybe?