Anything and everything BEER

I tend to like lighter wheat beers myself. I am a big fan of Upland Brewing out of Indiana. I spent some time there last year when I was in Indiana and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Actually I knocked back 8 of the wheat ales during our one hour lunch and spent the rest of the day in a mild to moderate stupor.

I don't see it on their current brew list but they had a Komodo Dragonfly IPA that my IPA loving buddies enjoyed, I thought it was like drinking week old 7-11 coffee black.

Uplands wheat ale is a year around beer i believe. Upland has some really good sours as well.

I tried the Cigar City Jai-Alai IPA last night. As a not huge IPA fan I enjoyed it, a little less bitter than a lot of IPAs, had a nice grapefruit taste to it. Reminds me of the Ballast Point Sculpin IPA.

Jai Alai is a solid beer, they make a white oak version of it that i bet you would love.

Uplands wheat ale is a year around beer i believe. Upland has some really good sours as well.

I had two or three good sours in the week I was out there, Indiana is a great place for craft brewing. I have to check the local place but I tried a cherry and an apricot sour both that were pretty fantastic, just have to see who the brewery was who made them.

I had two or three good sours in the week I was out there, Indiana is a great place for craft brewing. I have to check the local place but I tried a cherry and an apricot sour both that were pretty fantastic, just have to see who the brewery was who made them.

What state are you from? Indiana has 3 Floyd’s but... Illinois is way better

What state are you from? Indiana has 3 Floyd’s but... Illinois is way better

I am from California and since I like Bud Light I am not authority on craft brews. I am sure I could find a lot of great beers in most states, I am hoping to get out to Illinois and Indiana towards the end of summer.

I am from California and since I like Bud Light I am not authority on craft brews. I am sure I could find a lot of great beers in most states, I am hoping to get out to Illinois and Indiana towards the end of summer.

Stay there you have way better craft brew than the Midwest. You have beat republic, Russian river, firestone Walker this list goes on of some of the best in the world. I would recommended the firestone Walker pils to get you going. Once you develop the taste for better beer you will never go back. Ask Nickman he used to drink miller and now is an expert of beer in just a few years.

Are you still in California or did you move?

Still here and there are plenty of great breweries. Lost Abbey is a (fairly) local brew. Most of the breweries are not on Orange County sadly, but there are one or two. A lot of them are up north, between 6 and 12 hours drive.

Still here and there are plenty of great breweries. Lost Abbey is a (fairly) local brew. Most of the breweries are not on Orange County sadly, but there are one or two. A lot of them are up north, between 6 and 12 hours drive.

The bruery is in orange county, so is offshoot brewery which is actually an offshoot of the Bruery. They make really good hazy, juicy IPAs that even IPA haters would like. Also i think bottle logic is in OC.

The bruery is in orange county, so is offshoot brewery which is actually an offshoot of the Bruery. They make really good hazy, juicy IPAs that even IPA haters would like. Also i think bottle logic is in OC.

As asinine as it seems, north orange county is a stretch, especially for drinking. I have a glass a buddy got me from the Bruery, never tried bottle logic but there is a place not to far called Barley Forge, I had a mango wheat from them that was tasty, if you like sweet beers. I will have to make a trek out north, a former coworker of mine just set up a meadery out in the same area as Bottle Logic.

https://honeypotmeadery.com/

• 2 years later...
I keep 2 beers tapped (of the 5) in my kegerator at all times....

Trophy Brewing's Trophy Husband and Raleigh Brewing's First Squeeze.

I'm jealous. Cambodia is a beer wasteland, though Thailand is better.

Due to the covid restrictions, I haven't been able to return to Thailand since February. So I'm drinking more wine these days.