Anything and everything BEER

I had a couple of these yesterday. I wish I had found it earlier in the summer.

The best way I can describe it is by asking you to try imagining a Shock Top being a reel beer.

It's has an orange tint to it. The smell is definitely citrus. It's not too boozy at 6.5%. I could drink this in an extended drinking setting like a BBQ or tailgate on a hot day.

?format=1000w

11280188_377934912395196_468665019_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Just had a Harvest Shandy from Leinie. Surprisingly good. Liquid pumpkin pie in a beer.

I will wait until the leaves turn for something like that. Wait, I'm in S. California so I will have to at least wait until the temperatures drop into the mid-70s. It has been a brutal end to the summer here.

Below is the worst beer ever. I don't know how far east Trader Joe's goes, but they are known for having local or quirky stuff at a reasonable price. My GF went there and I asked her to get me a 22 bomber of something. I don't know what it is, but she has a knack for picking beers I will really like.

So she comes home with this Boatswain Double IPA; I've never heard of it, but it's right up my alley. I expect a citrus or piney hop bomb. This is swill, utter shite, as bad a beer as I have had in the last 5 years. This was not an IPA of any reasonable, forget a double, expression. Imagine Steel Reserve making what they call an IPA. This is it. I dumped at least half out. It was utterly undrinkable.

http://www.lostinthebeeraisle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/photo-5.jpeg

Effing filth, this was just gross.

Tonight i will. I got two or three of them. A buddy of mine shipped me about 15 terrapins. I think im going to have him ship a case of the liquid bliss and maybe the moo moo if i like it.:grin:

How far are you from Pennsylvania? House of 1,000 Beers in New Kensington is well worth the drive...

• 1 month later...

That's another on my bucket list...

Love this time of year for the stouts and porters the liquor control board brings in. Hoping to sneak over the border in early December to stock up for holiday craft beers from the good old US of A.

Just got word my daughter made the travel team again so we'll be in Pittsburgh again for Memorial Day weekend which means a stop at House of 1,000 Beers :)

I hope to land some of it. The day its released our local beer store has a KBS day and people line up for it.:tea:

In the meantime, if you can get your hands on any Firestone walker barrel aged products you should do so. Most of it is better than KBS imo. They deliver barrel aged goodies year round.