Anything and everything BEER

Who do yโ€™all think has the best barrel aged program? I am going to go with Firestone Walker, I just enjoyed a 2019 sucaba last night. They kill it and honestly have some of the most accessible ba beers. Love to here everyoneโ€™s thoughts as this style is easily my favorite.

ย 

I'm in the Midwest, so FW is not an option for me (but, I'd be happy to run some swaps on you if you're ever looking for something that's not distributed beyond the MW).

ย 

The big names in my neck of the woods are Founders and Bell's. Founder's definitely puts out some quality BA's but it seems like they've lost a little of their mojo, recently, IMHO. Transient can be a bit hit or miss (and doesn't distribute) but they put up some great stuff.

That being said, they best I've had is probably Avery out of Boulder. Lots of variety, pretty good consistency and huge ABV's.

I'm in the Midwest, so FW is not an option for me (but, I'd be happy to run some swaps on you if you're ever looking for something that's not distributed beyond the MW).

ย 

The big names in my neck of the woods are Founders and Bell's. Founder's definitely puts out some quality BA's but it seems like they've lost a little of their mojo, recently, IMHO. Transient can be a bit hit or miss (and doesn't distribute) but they put up some great stuff.

That being said, they best I've had is probably Avery out of Boulder. Lots of variety, pretty good consistency and huge ABV's.

ย 

FW actually distributes to Il and Indiana. I agree about founders, but if you havenโ€™t tried their new KBS with mackinaw fudge you should. Avery is great too yep.

FW actually distributes to Il and Indiana. I agree about founders, but if you havenโ€™t tried their new KBS with mackinaw fudge you should. Avery is great too yep.

ย 

Yeah, I've got KBS Fudge downstairs and it's solid. Thanks for the tip on FW, I'll see if family in IN can nab some for me.

https://www.brewbound.com/news/city-built-brewing-company-to-release-fibonacci-inspired-stout-series/ that I mentioned on a previous post. You can only get it around here but it is something special. Next one in the series is the 21-hour which promises to be a monster. The 13 was the first PB stout that I've gone back to and it was really great.

Looking forward to them dropping a BA version at some point in the future, though I'm not sure you can get a beer to hold up much past 20% ABV.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This ended up being very smooth for a TIPA. Very good beer.

ย 

Looks very good. I have not had that one. Enjoying some classic Belgian XMAs beers tonight for the loss, was going to crack something special. The Nโ€™ice Choufee and St Bernadus XMas ale will do however, love those Belgians!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Whatโ€™s the big game day beer this week?

ย 

Cafe Deth Star

Transient Kentuckly

Goose Island BCBS Special #4

New Holland Triple Mash 2020

ย 

Four BA Imperial Stouts for an old-timer was way beyond my punching weight. So, I got to deal with two hangovers on the 2nd.

ย 

But, it sure was tasty.

Cafe Deth Star

Transient Kentuckly

Goose Island BCBS Special #4

New Holland Triple Mash 2020

ย 

Four BA Imperial Stouts for an old-timer was way beyond my punching weight. So, I got to deal with two hangovers on the 2nd.

ย 

But, it sure was tasty.

ย 

Woah! Respect my brother. Great sounding lineup and yes I respect you handling that hangover. I ended having a 10.5 other half ipa something and 2019 BCS.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...