Anything and everything BEER

WTF??? Mill Street...Flying Monkeys...are you in Canada? TCM is a regular offering from them now...so good...bought some in the summer when I was in Barrie when it was still a limited release...

Yup, Canadian indeed! I like that we're starting to get more and more craft beers here but the selection still pales in comparison to the U.S...

Highland Gaelic out of Asheville has a very nice selection as well!!

For best value IPA I submit Red Hook Longhammer IPA.

I'm not usually a big fan of dry-hopping, which sounds much dirtier than it really is, but this beer is extraordinary! The fact I can get a 12 pack for $11.57 at my local grocer just gives me a tingle in my nether region. I would happily pay double that.

Some of my favorites are Belgian beers. I submit the following:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c3/Stbernardusabt.jpg/220px-Stbernardusabt.jpg

http://www.beerreviews.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/duvel.jpg

Duvel literally means devil in flemmish. This beer has definitely brought the devil out in me on more than one occasion.

I've recently gotten into branching my beer out and really gotten into the Belgium Strong Dark Ales and the Scotch Wee Heavy Ales. It kind of started when my wife brought home a Gulden Draak from World Market that the "beer guy" suggested for me. First of all, it was a 750mL bottle, all white, with a cork. I thought she was crazy, but man was it good! Also, it's 10.5%! The St Bernadus ABT 12 you mentioned is also good.

Should I try Delirium Tremens?

Yes.

And Tenacious I am gonna grab that biscuit stout soon and give it a whirl. I have had some of there other stuff. Had a great beer week, GF got me 5 barrel aged beers for our anny! Still got two to go. Had Bruery Sour blond which was awesome, Jolly Pumpkin winter ale, and Full sail barrel aged stout black gold which was my fav of the 3 so far. I got Boulevard barrel aged quad and Firestone Ucara to go!

I tried the Tremens tonight. Great beer, but I must have got a bottle that had set around and the yeast came apart when I poured it. I just strained the chunks and drank it down. I also had a Sierra Nevada hoptimum this weekend, it was very good. Got a few Belgians in the fridge that I will hopefully try this week.

http://dontdrinkbeer.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/biscottibreak.jpg

thats my go to imperial stout these days..

Ooh that does look good. We just got another American offering: Smuttynose Imperial Stout. Apparently it is now a regular offering...

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/smuttynose-imperial-stout/399584#.VNoUzi7jUWs

Also getting Arrogant Bastard and Sierra Nevada pale Ale offered to us in Canada in the coming months. Can't wait...

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody heard of Pliny the Younger? It's apparently the Holy Grail of beers. It is only brewed for a couple of weeks each February. People wait hours or enter "lotteries" for a pint.

My buddy wants us to go to this gastropub (I hate gastropubs) at 8 a.m. on Sunday to get in line for this elixir. If it were football season, I'd consider it. But 8 on a non-football Sunday? Only if it comes with a smoking hot chick giving mouth party.

Has anybody heard of Pliny the Younger? It's apparently the Holy Grail of beers. It is only brewed for a couple of weeks each February. People wait hours or enter "lotteries" for a pint.

My buddy wants us to go to this gastropub (I hate gastropubs) at 8 a.m. on Sunday to get in line for this elixir. If it were football season, I'd consider it. But 8 on a non-football Sunday? Only if it comes with a smoking hot chick giving mouth party.

My advice.... GET IN LINE! The beer is one of a kind.

I need some clarification on this Pliny the Younger. I know it is made by Russian River Brewing Co. but they also make Pliny the Elder. I have heard they are both excellent beers but the Elder has won a bunch of awards and I see nothing about the Younger.

Can anyone confirm which of these is the Holy Grail, so to speak?

Elder is a double IPA and Younger is a triple IPA. It takes twice the time to make and thus less available. Usually only available in short supply and limited releases. 10.25 % ABV. Elder is 8% ABV. They make great Beers and this one is gem. The Damnation is one of my favorite that you can get without much trouble.

Rocket I tried like hell to do a top 5, but I just can't. Too many that are so close and good. I would put a lot of lagunitas beers towards the top of the ones I have tried. On a side note, I picked up a stone ipa, ruination, and a upland ipa to try. My bil is bringing over a 120 minute ipa from dogfish on Sunday.

Rocket I tried like hell to do a top 5, but I just can't. Too many that are so close and good. I would put a lot of lagunitas beers towards the top of the ones I have tried. On a side note, I picked up a stone ipa, ruination, and a upland ipa to try. My bil is bringing over a 120 minute ipa from dogfish on Sunday.

Stone makes some great beers. I've toured the brewery and sampled most of them. I have yet to try the Upland, however. I will pluck one next time I see it.

Stone has gotten big enough where I almost don't consider them a "craft" beer any longer, at least the way too many people use the word. People tend to use it interchangeably with "micro-brew."

Don't be a pansy - pick five.

Word around town is Stone might be coming to Canada...