'25 MS QB Deuce Knight [ND Verbal]

3 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

Interesting. Wonder if Bear was ready to commit and they told Deuce to shit or get off the pot (pun entirely unintended but discovered as a I reread this) ? If so concerns me about sticking. 

Deuce committed Friday. I understand your concern and think its reasonable to have. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Rocketsan said:

I’ll get excited when he actually enrols and shows. Been hurt too many times…

Very true, but unlike Moore whom, Rees recruited, and was only interested in  increasing his NIL value, Deuce is a 4.0 GPA student, values a great education, and both of his parents were thrilled when he chose ND.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Jersey Irish said:

Very true, but unlike Moore whom, Rees recruited, and was only interested in  increasing his NIL value, Deuce is a 4.0 GPA student, values a great education, and both of his parents were thrilled when he chose ND.

This is a new age and everything has changed.  I won't get excited until he's here either or any other '25 recruit.

• Heart 1

I bet he had a lot of hard conversations with recruiters after he left his team a couple weeks ago.  Likely that chaos (and Bear) got him concerned about where he would land.  We're a long way from getting him enrolled, but he is a talented kid.  I share the concerns that we lose track of other QB prospects and then he decides to stay closer to home. 

Although I'm somehow hopeful that CJ Carr looks so good next year that we'll end up skipping a QB in the class.  I only mean that jokingly, but if Carr is immediately a solid #2 or better, it will be hard to get a '25 kid who wants to play right away.  We'll be in the portal.

Either way.  Top kids committing is a great sign!

On3 Consensus: 4-star, #39 overall, #3 QB

247: 4-star, #203 overall, #10 QB

Rivals: 4-star, #26 overall, #1 QB (Dual Threat)

On3: 4-star, #28 overall, #4 QB

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Indiana, Louisville, Miami, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Oregon, South Carolina, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, Washington