'25 MS QB Deuce Knight [ND Verbal]

Interesting committment.  He and his parents seem to appreciate education and the opportunities that ND has to offer so maybe he will ultimately sign on the dotted line.  

At 6'5" he's got great size.  At 195 pounds, he needs to hit the weight room a bit for college ball.  

1 hour ago, TexasDomer said:

Gotta say… I didn’t see a lot of hitting receivers in stride or deep balls.

Yeah, you're right.  My view has been that his highlights are pretty extraordinary, while his overall film is far less exciting (even concerning).  BUT, he's only a junior, so he has plenty of time to refine his many skills.

53 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

High risk, high reward. I think you have two very solid QBs in front of him. If Knight comes in and beats them its because he has grown in multiple areas and ND fans will be very happy. 

When put that way, I like this. BK had a philosophy of taking a QB every other year. Thta made misses hit worse. If you change it to a wild card every other year, with a solid high 4 star, it makes me feel better. 

Hell, the odds of QBs staying 4 years at a school, and not playing is slim to none. 

1 hour ago, Synoptico said:

When put that way, I like this. BK had a philosophy of taking a QB every other year. Thta made misses hit worse. If you change it to a wild card every other year, with a solid high 4 star, it makes me feel better. 

Hell, the odds of QBs staying 4 years at a school, and not playing is slim to none. 

Agreed. This is significantly better QB recruiting. 

8 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Not gonna lie.  After Deuce deuced it back home after being away from home for only a few months I really hoped to land Bear as he seemed like the safer pick.  Either way I'm pumped to land this kid.  He is going to be the catalyst for the 2025 class.   

Yup. Felt the same way. I'm definitely not mad about it. 

20 hours ago, Big23Head said:

High risk, high reward. I think you have two very solid QBs in front of him. If Knight comes in and beats them its because he has grown in multiple areas and ND fans will be very happy. 

This is why I think Knight is a pretty good candidate to take right after CJ Carr.

CJ Carr has a very high floor; everyone sees him being a very solid QB in college with the potential to be elite

Knight has a low floor and may never start at ND, but he also has a chance to be a Cam Newton. His range is so large.

6 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

This is why I think Knight is a pretty good candidate to take right after CJ Carr.

CJ Carr has a very high floor; everyone sees him being a very solid QB in college with the potential to be elite

Knight has a low floor and may never start at ND, but he also has a chance to be a Cam Newton. His range is so large.

You know that's something I didn't think of.  Good way to put another positive spin on it.  From my understanding Bear has the higher floor but Deuce has the higher ceiling.  No matter who we got in the '25 class, there is a chance they don't stick around very long anyway since Carr will most likely have the helm for several seasons starting in '25.  It might not even matter who we get in the '25 class.  However, its better to have that elite talent lined up just in case.  Instead of doing the Kelly tactic of every other year getting a decent QB and a mediocre QB.  The '26 class is one we have to nail for sure though.

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...