Anything and everything BEER

For just starting the micros you jumped quick to the Belgians. You may never go back my friend, try Uniborque http://www.unibroue.com/ selections. You can possibly pick up the La fin du monde at Trader Joes for 5.50 750 ml. It is the best deal in town. Also, anytime you see a local brewery take a stab at a grand cru style Belgian GET IT!

One of the best Canadian micro brews...you're welcome ;)

Ballast Point Scullpin IPA

Laguntias Imperial Stout

Green Flash Pallet Wreaker

Firestone Walker Double Jack DIPA

Knee Deep Triple IPA

Pliny the Elder

Sierra Nevada Hopitium Fresh Hop IPA

Heratic Evil Twin Stout

June Lake Brewery Double IPA

Southgate Brewing Co. Sawtooth IPA

Several of these are sooo good.

I love the two bolded. Put Stone Ruination on there and my desert Island beer Avec Les Bons Voeux by Dupont

Edited by VCDomer

I called every booze store in town. I can't get la fin du monde here.:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Fin du Monde is legit...packs a nice punch

Some pretty solid stouts that I'm high on:

Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout (the Oatmeal stout is pretty solid too)

Terrapin Moo Hoo (out of Athens, Ga.)

Duck Rabbit Milk Stout (From NC)

Mill Street Cobblestone Stout (Toronto)

My personal favourite stout of all time:

Left Hand Milk Stout (Colorado)

If any of you guys see this beer on tap, order it, you will not be disappointed.

Great thread btw!

If any of you guys see this beer on tap, order it, you will not be disappointed.

Great thread btw!

http://dontdrinkbeer.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/biscottibreak.jpg

thats my go to imperial stout these days..

Great thread btw!

Would kill to try Moo-Hoo...also dying to try Colorado's Odell Lugene milk stout.

Love Mill Street's Cobblestone stout. My brother works for Mill Street. :)

Best Christmas gift I got this year was a Left Hand Spieglau stout glass. Love their stouts but more partial to Nitro...big time.

Would kill to try Moo-Hoo...also dying to try Colorado's Odell Lugene milk stout.

Love Mill Street's Cobblestone stout. My brother works for Mill Street. :)

Best Christmas gift I got this year was a Left Hand Spieglau stout glass. Love their stouts but more partial to Nitro...big time.

I like the Nitro a lot too, but the milk stout will always be #1 for me.

The Chocolate Manifesto by Flying Monkey is pretty solid too, especially at 10%!

I like the Nitro a lot too, but the milk stout will always be #1 for me.

The Chocolate Manifesto by Flying Monkey is pretty solid too, especially at 10%!

WTF??? Mill Street...Flying Monkeys...are you in Canada? TCM is a regular offering from them now...so good...bought some in the summer when I was in Barrie when it was still a limited release...

I use to love duck rabbit beers. A few years back they had a some major problems with a metallic taste in all of their beers. Some people got refunded I just tossed mine out. They announced they solved the problem. I gave them a second chance and same metallic taste. I sent them a nice email asking for a refund/replacement only to be ignored. F#ck that Brewery. If you want good NC beer check out Foothills!

I use to love duck rabbit beers. A few years back they had a some major problems with a metallic taste in all of their beers. Some people got refunded I just tossed mine out. They announced they solved the problem. I gave them a second chance and same metallic taste. I sent them a nice email asking for a refund/replacement only to be ignored. F#ck that Brewery. If you want good NC beer check out Foothills!

Highland Gaelic out of Asheville has a very nice selection as well!!

For best value IPA I submit Red Hook Longhammer IPA.

I'm not usually a big fan of dry-hopping, which sounds much dirtier than it really is, but this beer is extraordinary! The fact I can get a 12 pack for $11.57 at my local grocer just gives me a tingle in my nether region. I would happily pay double that.

Some of my favorites are Belgian beers. I submit the following:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c3/Stbernardusabt.jpg/220px-Stbernardusabt.jpg

http://www.beerreviews.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/duvel.jpg

Duvel literally means devil in flemmish. This beer has definitely brought the devil out in me on more than one occasion.

Interesting, I never had that problem, though when I tried it it was on tap in Knoxville. Never tried Foothills though so thanks for the tip!