Outgoing Transfer Portal Tracker

10 hours ago, Jersey Irish said:

Rees already trying to screw his alma mater.Thought he was beneath that.  Read Bama's two top QB's looked like dog-do in thier spring game but that could be because of the new OC!

Fixed it for ya 😁

Rees already trying to screw his alma mater.Thought he was above that.  Read Bama's two top QB's looked like dog-do in thier spring game but that could be because of the new OC!

Is there any real substance to the talk of Tommy being involved in TB's decision to enter the transfer portal? To my uninformed mind, it appears the media is trying to put 2 and 2 together and came up with this scenario as a likely destination for TB.

I have to admit, I think I have to go back to Jimmy Clausen to find a QB recruit that I was more excited about as I was with TB (on paper). TB has all the physical tools to be an elite QB and (IMHO) just needs the right OC and QB coach to get him there. Having said that, I DO NOT believe TR is that guy nor do I believe his perfect fit is an NFL style offense.

There are several offensive systems around the country that I think would be a great fit for TB. Sadly, I do not believe that ND is the right place for him nor do I believe Alabama (with TR) is a good choice.

I honestly wish him all the luck in the world and I do hope to see him end up in a place that will lead him to playing on Sundays. I just really hope he doesn't end up in Bama thinking that TR will get him there.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, IrishGuy said:

I have to admit, I think I have to go back to Jimmy Clausen to find a QB recruit that I was more excited about as I was with TB (on paper). TB has all the physical tools to be an elite QB and (IMHO) just needs the right OC and QB coach to get him there. Having said that, I DO NOT believe TR is that guy nor do I believe his perfect fit is an NFL style offense.

There are several offensive systems around the country that I think would be a great fit for TB. Sadly, I do not believe that ND is the right place for him nor do I believe Alabama (with TR) is a good choice.

I honestly wish him all the luck in the world and I do hope to see him end up in a place that will lead him to playing on Sundays. I just really hope he doesn't end up in Bama thinking that TR will get him there.

Elite College QB.  I do not think he has what it takes to ever play significant minutes in the NFL.  He seems like a nice,, smart young man.  Get your degree at ND...if Hartman goes down you are the starter...either way if you think you can play you should have the edge in 2024 unless you honestly think CJ Carr or Minchey is already better.  If you just want to play Football....I guess I get it but you can do that after getting your ND degree this year (or being very close to it) and then still have two years to play Football.  Buchner's sister is also coming to ND to play soccer and his Dad was / is building a house in South Bend last I heard. 

• Heart 3

Buchner may have a 'can't lose' situation. If Freeman is willing to take him back, then Ty can see what is out there from a potential starting QB / NIL perspective and make a move if it is too compelling to pass up (say seven figures of NIL) or simply come back and be a back-up QB for 2023 at ND. 

5 hours ago, IrishGuy said:

Dude.  He can not even throw the football in a sound or mechanical motion.  He hoists the ball like a girl.  Did you not watch the game?

23 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Buchner may have a 'can't lose' situation. If Freeman is willing to take him back, then Ty can see what is out there from a potential starting QB / NIL perspective and make a move if it is too compelling to pass up (say seven figures of NIL) or simply come back and be a back-up QB for 2023 at ND. 

I tend to agree with you but I heard he enter the portal as no contact. Meaning he doesn’t want other coaches reaching out to him. Which means he’s already has a team in mind….Alabama maybe:).

Also I am old school…if a guy that is supposed to be a team leader tries to bail on his teammates I believe it got to hurt team morale….If he was to return I might just intentionally miss my block…lol…..but I admit nowadays I have no idea how these kids feel about teammates leaving then coming back when they find out the grass isn’t always greener some place else.

• Heart 1

On 4/25/2023 at 3:16 PM, AnTostal said:

That seems so unlikely. Alabama’s QB recruit 24/7 rankings in the last three cycles: 2021: 96. 2022: 98. 2023: 95, 92. And for 2024: 99. 
If TB12 can’t win the job at ND, there’s no way he’ll win the job at Alabama. 

I'll eat my words.  Need some spice, though.  He's apparently headed to Alabama.  Buena suerte, mi amigo.  Lots of talented QB's there already.

• Heart 2

Agreed on all.   I really thought he was the type of kid that would stick it out to graduate, work as the backup, wait for an opportunity this year; and then compete as the front-runner next year.  But the portal and NIL combine to make it very interesting to consider a transfer at any given moment.  Still, this one seems misguided.  The late short window is full of guys who are losing their position battles, and he's another one.

1. Portal QB's that have ended up starters seem like they have worked back channels thoroughly, well before they even enter the portal.  There haven't been many tire-kicking situations from spring/summer transfers that end up as starters.  I'm just not sure where he thinks he's going to go to win a starting job over the summer at the Power 5 level.  At best, he's in a QB competition - under a new coach, in an unfamiliar system, and with a fairly unique, if talented, skill set.

#2  I don't see how you come back from that in the locker room.  They might still love him, and care for him as a brother, but his leadership potential at a critical position is neutered, IMO.

Seems like he'll have to commit to transferring one way or another at this point - for better or worse.  Staying put will probably look like the best option in the long term, but the team has to move on quick.

Edited by JeffV
Alabama new flash interrupted my thoughts
  • Heart 1