Outgoing Transfer Portal Tracker

On 12/6/2022 at 12:54 PM, SDIrishFan said:

I'm all for the players getting their piece of the pie, but I can't imagine being a coach trying to field a good team and not knowing who is coming or going from one day to the next.

NCAA needs to reinstate the transfer policy that requires sitting out 1 year (except for grad transfers).  Major NIL money won't be thrown at projects by boosters.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Blammm said:

What an inefficient way to dole out NIL money!  The Bruce Heggies of the world already get a full ride that ND isn't going to take away.

Couple thoughts

everyone gets something, but not the same. This essentially allows you to have a better walk on program, which is important at ND. 

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2022 at 11:58 AM, Synoptico said:

Couple thoughts

everyone gets something, but not the same. This essentially allows you to have a better walk on program, which is important at ND. 

I would imagine the next three days will be busy with out going and in coming guys . Buckle up 

On 12/23/2022 at 8:41 AM, Blammm said:

NCAA needs to reinstate the transfer policy that requires sitting out 1 year (except for grad transfers).  Major NIL money won't be thrown at projects by boosters.

I'm good with instant eligibility. I just wish they limit transfers to 2 windows. 

One transfer after Sophomore year, and one transfer after grad/4th year. 

In short, make kids get through 2 years to start, and lock kids for JR and SR years. It would tame the Wild West to an extent... 

• Heart 1

On 12/23/2022 at 8:37 AM, Blammm said:

What an inefficient way to dole out NIL money!  The Bruce Heggies of the world already get a full ride that ND isn't going to take away.

Most P5 schools (collectives) do the same. Everyone gets a taste. 

Big recruits get more, and big starters get more (from collectives, and direct deals). 

3 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

I'm good with instant eligibility. I just wish they limit transfers to 2 windows. 

One transfer after Sophomore year, and one transfer after grad/4th year. 

In short, make kids get through 2 years to start, and lock kids for JR and SR years. It would tame the Wild West to an extent... 

I like that idea

2 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I like that idea

Just an idea that would help IMO. 

Especially young kids. Need to pay dues in Frosh and Soph years and work hard (football and class). 

Jumping from team to team multiple times makes it hard for coaches. 

I'd probably be OK with jumping down to juco early though in the first 2 years. Some kids might not be able to make it, but I'd make them stick at the juco for 2 years. 

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Thank you for including the link.  This is the effort we'd like to see going forward out of everyone.  Instead of just posting something that you read about, include the link too.  

does tweet or screenshot of tweet work?

• Heart 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/10/2023 at 2:13 PM, NYGoldenDomer said:

Absolutely!  Tweets are even better because they auto-embed.  You see the tweet instead of just a link.

Exactly!  And when you click on the Tweet, it takes you right to it!

On 1/10/2023 at 2:11 PM, Synoptico said:

does tweet or screenshot of tweet work?

All you have to do is copy the link of the Tweet, then come here and just paste it in a reply.  Super easy!

• Heart 2
  • Trophy 1

Loved him as a recruit and think he can still be a great LB (probably for Vandy and Clark Lea, if I had to guess - close to home and the coach that recruited him to ND). It just seemed like he had a hard time grasping the defense - made a lot of mental mistakes on the field. I think the coaches gave him every opportunity to earn playing time, but he just didn't take advantage. ND is in a great spot at LB - a ton of experience this year (Bertrand, Kiser, Liafau) and plenty of talent waiting in the wings (Sneed, Ausberry, Ziegler).

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, tneun89 said:

Loved him as a recruit and think he can still be a great LB (probably for Vandy and Clark Lea, if I had to guess - close to home and the coach that recruited him to ND). It just seemed like he had a hard time grasping the defense - made a lot of mental mistakes on the field. I think the coaches gave him every opportunity to earn playing time, but he just didn't take advantage. ND is in a great spot at LB - a ton of experience this year (Bertrand, Kiser, Liafau) and plenty of talent waiting in the wings (Sneed, Ausberry, Ziegler).

He also weighed 210 during the season last year