Outgoing Transfer Portal Tracker

I can’t blame Buchner.  Seriously, if you’re choosing between being backup at ND or being at Bama and at least competing for the starting job or being a backup on a team closer to a championship, I’d probably do the same.

That said, I think we’re better off with Hartman.

Edited by TexasDomer
  • Heart 1

I was never huge on Diggs but the guy really produces. He doesn't get a lot of attention because he's not a burner, twitchy, shifty or a power guy, but he has elite vision, balance and patience. I get that he wants to be a lead back, he's been pretty productive here (5 ypc last year and over 800 yards). 

I think most are higher on Price and Love might be our most talented back. Estime also likely becomes more of a workhorse. We also haven't seen the last of Tyree at running back. ND will be fine. 

• Heart 2

5 hours ago, Synoptico said:

Dude passed up a bunch of jobs and was quite loyal to ND. 

Regarding Tyler, thats the reality, kids want to play. It isnt about loyalty, it is about opportunity for personal development. 

He's the worst qb on Albama now.  He will never play 

2 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

Wow hate to see Diggs go.  I really liked the combo of him and Estime chewing up yards.  Was he out in the spring with an injury?

Yeah, I was looking forward to seeing that same combo again this season. But there looks to be some very talented backs ready to step in. 

I can understand Diggs wanting to be ‘the guy’.

• Heart 2

Just now, JeffV said:

Diggs shocked me, but in fairness, if I had to choose btw him leaving or Jadarian Price or G'Bran Payne...safe travels Logan.  Best of luck.  Probably mixes Tyree back in a bit for this year, too.

Its all short sighted and dumb.  You honestly want one year of work as a college RB.  No more. Stay at ND...see how it shakes out....Estimene and likely Diggs gone this year anyways.  I hate what the transfer portal has done to college football and will watch and pay attention less going forward. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, irishwavend said:

Buchner saw the writing on the wall.  Diggs has absolutely no reason to leave though.  He’s dead to me.

I get it. But in his point of view with Hartman and more receivers on the field, he probably feels like their will be less carries to go around. While I'm not sure that's accurate I don't see a ton of 2 backs on the field this year when we are blessed at QB, OT, and WR. 

• Heart 3

24 minutes ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

I get it. But in his point of view with Hartman and more receivers on the field, he probably feels like their will be less carries to go around. While I'm not sure that's accurate I don't see a ton of 2 backs on the field this year when we are blessed at QB, OT, and WR. 

Agree 100% with you on this Faith. I was hoping he would stick for another year, but it is what it is.

• Heart 1

On 4/27/2023 at 6:54 PM, ND_JACK said:
247SPORTS.COM

Irish Illustrated and 247Sports have learned that Notre Dame running back Logan Diggs has entered the Transfer Portal. This is a blow for the Fighting Irish running back room, but one the can withstand due to the...

If he really thinks he will be "the guy" elsewhere, he is sadly mistaken. His rash decision threw away his ND degree, which is gold!

Overall, I feel like the transfer portal is one of the biggest detriments to ND football moving forward. It becomes a complete uneven playing field for us considering that every one of our players is eligible to play anywhere in the country, but we can really only bring on grad transfers with few exceptions. 

if the portal rules don’t change, I wonder if ND will be willing to get creative 

• Heart 2
  • Flames 1
  • Trophy 1

14 hours ago, 97domer said:

Overall, I feel like the transfer portal is one of the biggest detriments to ND football moving forward. It becomes a complete uneven playing field for us considering that every one of our players is eligible to play anywhere in the country, but we can really only bring on grad transfers with few exceptions. 

if the portal rules don’t change, I wonder if ND will be willing to get creative 

All it takes is a stroke of a pen by the Administration and an understanding and acceptance that the game has changed. You do not have to become the University of Phoenix but as long as players are enrolled in class and have some sort of minimum GPA let them in. 

• Laughing Leprechaun 2

3 minutes ago, 1Redrum said:

All it takes is a stroke of a pen by the Administration and an understanding and acceptance that the game has changed. You do not have to become the University of Phoenix but as long as players are enrolled in class and have some sort of minimum GPA let them in. 

Issue is also ND has based level to get enrolled as a HS student, Foreign language (i think Calc) redit etc. Just letting the people transfer in with certain GPAs circumvents that

• Heart 2