2023 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

11 hours ago, Big23Head said:

ND viewed Arnold, Moore, and Vizzina on equal playing field after seeing Arnold and Vizzina more this fall. I

I am not sure how accurate that is to be honest. I think Moore is the clear #1 target and Arnold knew they would have still recruited him. Driskell believes Moore is the clear #1 QB target and Vizzina and Arnold were next on the list.

He said he was 100% committed, but it seems he will still take a visit to Notre Dame... If that was a Notre Dame commit saying he was 100% committed, but still planning on taking visits elsewhere, how would this board be acting?

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, NDhoosier said:

I am not sure how accurate that is to be honest. I think Moore is the clear #1 target and Arnold knew they would have still recruited him. Driskell believes Moore is the clear #1 QB target and Vizzina and Arnold were next on the list.

He said he was 100% committed, but it seems he will still take a visit to Notre Dame... If that was a Notre Dame commit saying he was 100% committed, but still planning on taking visits elsewhere, how would this board be acting?

Crying. 😭 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

I take Driskell with a grain of salt personally. I would have agreed with this last summer, then the fall happened for Jackson Arnold. I think they ended on even ground. Vizzina likely was slightly below but now can't be and I think we are seeing that adjustment. 

• Heart 1

I'm from the Detroit area and have seen Dante play a few times.  He is great, but I'm just not sure how much pressure he's seen if at any at all.  I can tell you what I saw is his offensive line, WRs, and RBs are much better than the teams they played. I would probably like to see how he did against Carmel or Moeller.  If I remember he had a lot of yards against Moeller, but I just don't know how good they were.  

I'm only saying I'm not sure what you would get with him.  College blitzing and pressure is much different than HS.  I would be interesting to see a more balanced game and see how good he is with quick thinking/natural instincts.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, nd1989 said:

I'm from the Detroit area and have seen Dante play a few times.  He is great, but I'm just not sure how much pressure he's seen if at any at all.  I can tell you what I saw is his offensive line, WRs, and RBs are much better than the teams they played. I would probably like to see how he did against Carmel or Moeller.  If I remember he had a lot of yards against Moeller, but I just don't know how good they were.  

I'm only saying I'm not sure what you would get with him.  College blitzing and pressure is much different than HS.  I would be interesting to see a more balanced game and see how good he is with quick thinking/natural instincts.

Luckily for Dante and us, if he comes to ND his OL, WRs, and RBs will also be much better than 8 of the teams on our schedule, better than 3 of the teams on our schedule, on par with one team, and likely equal to or worse than 1/2 teams in the CFP. 

5 hours ago, Big23Head said:

I take Driskell with a grain of salt personally. I would have agreed with this last summer, then the fall happened for Jackson Arnold. I think they ended on even ground. Vizzina likely was slightly below but now can't be and I think we are seeing that adjustment. 

I think its a problem with the staff if they view Arnold that high.  So I hope it is not true. 

Same staff that didnt value Allar like he should have been

1 hour ago, irishwavend said:

This thread is about our standing with recruits, not a soapbox for opinions about Rees and his recruiting.  Stay off this thread if you’re not posting updates about recruits.  We come here to get the quick updates like a newsfeed.  Thanks. Same for 2023, 2024, etc…

It’s pertinent bc they just lost a top QB target and it’s reflective of a pattern. 

2 hours ago, golson5 said:

I think its a problem with the staff if they view Arnold that high.  So I hope it is not true. 

Same staff that didnt value Allar like he should have been

I actually think Arnold is pretty damn good and I would be happy if we landed him if we could not land Moore. Moore is still my #1.

Allar is an interesting prospect in my opinion, he had a lot of the tools necessary to be a great college QB, but he seemed like a Boom or Bust type of guy, nothing in between.

Edited by NDhoosier

13 hours ago, ELDER06 said:

It’s means a hell of a lot. 

No it doesnt. Hundreds of great players come from small schools.  Doesn't mean anything. If a guy can play, he can play.   You just have to be able to evaluate the player on his ability.  Obviously you can't do that

12 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

I actually think Arnold is pretty damn good and I would be happy if we landed him if we could not land Moore. Moore is still my #1.

Allar is an interesting prospect in my opinion, he had a lot of the tools necessary to be a great college QB, but he seemed like a Boom or Bust type of guy, nothing in between.

Arnold is pretty damn good.  Doesn't mean he's Dante Moore. 

Allar is a way better prospect than Angeli.  We should have zeroed in on him early and we'd probably have him in the class.  Maybe would have helped us with some wrs as well

14 minutes ago, golson5 said:

No it doesnt. Hundreds of great players come from small schools.  Doesn't mean anything. If a guy can play, he can play.   You just have to be able to evaluate the player on his ability.  Obviously you can't do that

Look at his film, he’s playing against nobodies. 

14 minutes ago, golson5 said:

Arnold is pretty damn good.  Doesn't mean he's Dante Moore. 

Allar is a way better prospect than Angeli.  We should have zeroed in on him early and we'd probably have him in the class.  Maybe would have helped us with some wrs as well

It’s bc Rees can’t recruit.

@ELDER06 Not sure that Rees cannot "recruit" applies in the Angeli / Allar case.

I do not know which will be better in college but Rees made an evaluation and went with Angeli instead of Allar. From reports, Rees would have been easily able to recruit Allar to come to ND if Rees wanted him.

So you can argue that Rees may not be able to evaluate QB talent since it seems that you have evaluated both QBs and used your experience and eye for football talent to decide that Allar is better but either would have come to ND if allowed.

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

@ELDER06 Not sure that Rees cannot "recruit" applies in the Angeli / Allar case.

I do not know which will be better in college but Rees made an evaluation and went with Angeli instead of Allar. From reports, Rees would have been easily able to recruit Allar to come to ND if Rees wanted him.

So you can argue that Rees may not be able to evaluate QB talent since it seems that you have evaluated both QBs and used your experience and eye for football talent to decide that Allar is better but either would have come to ND if allowed.

I had read Allar stuck with Penn St bc they offered first. 

28 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

rees recruited Allar way to late. It goes back to coach kelly theory on recruiting he didnt want to evalute the QB position from tape and in person at schools. He only would offer after watching the kid throw at ND which was stupid and alot of times put the staff behind on kids because we didnt offer till the summer. You can already see the changes being made from Rees on offering Kids way earlier than Kelly would of ever wanted. Lets see how it plays out...