2023 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

We need an athletic college qb who can read a defense but not play in the NFL…kinda like Book, except can actually read a defense.  Buchner and Pyne are in this mold.  If Buchner can develop his accuracy a little, he has potential.  For now, I would put my money on Pyne, tho.  We don’t need an NFL qb…how many teams are successful with qbs who will fail in the NFL?  Look at Ohio State…been doing it for years.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, SDIrishFan said:

Sounds like Peyton Bowen took a “secret” visit to Okie this weekend. So you know, that’s awesome.

I’ll never understand this. Why commit then?  If he still had a visit or so why not use it and then make a choice. Why commit not even that long ago and then take a go. Kids…

18 hours ago, 4thand1 said:

I am as big of an ND fan as there is.  Please don't compare NDs WR situation to Ala's.  It's ridiculous.  

I would if we are talking about Alabama's WRs post Williams' injury. The WRs for Bama did not look all that great.

• Leprechaun 1

53 minutes ago, USAFA03_HUGENDFAN said:

Assuming they are all from the 130 FBS schools and all are part of the 85 scholarships for each team, that’s 28.75% of scholarship players in the portal. College football is a mess right now.

But this is what people wanted. Now they have to lay on the shit that they made. 

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, USAFA03_HUGENDFAN said:

Assuming they are all from the 130 FBS schools and all are part of the 85 scholarships for each team, that’s 28.75% of scholarship players in the portal. College football is a mess right now.

Your assumption appears to be incorrect, according to The Athletic. FBS makes up about 1,300 according to them.

Screenshot_20220123-151923_Chrome.thumb.jpg.08fe6901187da8d756b27b433f7eb68a.jpg

I recognize that this is still a large number of FBS players (roughly 10%). Nonetheless, I'm curious: how does this indicate to you that college football is a mess? What is the problem?

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Tailgate Approved said:

Your assumption appears to be incorrect, according to The Athletic. FBS makes up about 1,300 according to them.

Screenshot_20220123-151923_Chrome.thumb.jpg.08fe6901187da8d756b27b433f7eb68a.jpg

I recognize that this is still a large number of FBS players (roughly 10%). Nonetheless, I'm curious: how does this indicate to you that college football is a mess? What is the problem?

That’s fair. I didn’t look into whether oR not it included Other divisions but as you say 10% is a sizable number.

As for the mess, Lack of loyalty, me first mentality, lack of making a decision and following through. It’s a societal issue that that’s at the root of it and I just don’t get it anymore.

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, USAFA03_HUGENDFAN said:

That’s fair. I didn’t look into whether oR not it included Other divisions but as you say 10% is a sizable number.

As for the mess, Lack of loyalty, me first mentality, lack of making a decision and following through. It’s a societal issue that that’s at the root of it and I just don’t get it anymore.

You’re right about the lack of loyalty, me first mentality. Conference realignment, ADs jumping jobs, coaches jumping jobs, coaches being fired quickly after being hired, bowl game/Playoff realignment. There’s a complete lack of loyalty and a permeation of the me-first mentality from every single person in a position of leadership. 

oh wait, did you mean the players? 

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Pregame said:

You’re right about the lack of loyalty, me first mentality. Conference realignment, ADs jumping jobs, coaches jumping jobs, coaches being fired quickly after being hired, bowl game/Playoff realignment. There’s a complete lack of loyalty and a permeation of the me-first mentality from every single person in a position of leadership. 

oh wait, did you mean the players? 

he meant the "student athletes" that are not considered professionals and trying to get an education.

2 hours ago, USAFA03_HUGENDFAN said:

You mean like what coaches and universities (grown adults) have been able to do while forcing kids to a different standard. I did ask for this and I’m all for kids being able to find the best situation for them. In this country there is no loyalty. It’s a me First Nation always has been. So why should kids be held to a different standard especially when they aren’t professionals as people keep wanting to point out. They aren’t getting paid by the universities why shouldn’t they be able to transfer all other students can do it. I agree it’s a societal problem but America has always been like that and unless the people that make up the society finally agree to change it will always be like that and kids shouldn’t be held to a different standard then the adults that oversee them.

Edited by ndfanatic78