2023 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

6 minutes ago, SDIrishFan said:

Exactly. It’s only been around a year so Texas a and m hasn’t cashed in yet. But look at this recruiting class, they put two or three Of those together and they’ll be in the playoff at a minimum.

if you can’t see the difference between what ND and other schools are doing and why that will continue to put ND at a huge disadvantage, I’m not sure what to tell u.

So for the last ten years what have they won? Cause for the 10 years they were giving kids millions to come there. They are now doing in public is only difference 

6 minutes ago, Jburkdd12 said:

So for the last ten years what have they won? Cause for the 10 years they were giving kids millions to come there. They are now doing in public is only difference 

I don’t think it’s anywhere on the level that it was last year. Sure kid, he’s 5 grand in a McDonald’s bag.

there’s a reason their class was what it was last year compared to previous years.

It’s pretty simple, money now and the hope of more money later > hope of money later.

3 hours ago, ELDER06 said:

No, it’s not. Arnold & Moore are comparable. And it’s best to get a guarantee than get stuck with Johnson. He learned nothing after his complete failure with Angeli. Seriously, this is Rees track record

Clark

Jurkovec

Pyne

Buchner

Angeli

That’s beyond horrendous. 

Moore is much better than Arnold imo

And I think Vizzina is better than Arnold personally

Johnson isnt ready but he has high upside.  Much better than Angeli

Edited by golson5

ND viewed Arnold, Moore, and Vizzina on equal playing field after seeing Arnold and Vizzina more this fall. If you reads Arnold’s dads comments about his commitment and they are 100% true, I am not sure anyone could have done anything to get Arnold to go elsewhere. He also says he will take other visits, so we will see what shakes out. Kids locking up a spot only to take visits is difficult to deal with. 

Johnson does not have a committable  offer from ND right now. Kid is a great athlete though, I’m interested to see his off season and next fall. 

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Big23Head said:

ND viewed Arnold, Moore, and Vizzina on equal playing field after seeing Arnold and Vizzina more this fall. If you reads Arnold’s dads comments about his commitment and they are 100% true, I am not sure anyone could have done anything to get Arnold to go elsewhere. He also says he will take other visits, so we will see what shakes out. Kids locking up a spot only to take visits is difficult to deal with. 

Johnson does not have a committable  offer from ND right now. Kid is a great athlete though, I’m interested to see his off season and next fall. 

If they view the 3 qbs equal they can’t evaluate talent. I don’t think they view them equally though 

1 hour ago, ELDER06 said:

But you will with Johnson? BS. Rees has failed at almost every QB recruiting cycle, he’s a joke.

So i hope just for you we get Arnold then in 5 years i can tell you that he was garbage. He is still visiting so you will get your chance to flip him if they miss on Dante. 

48 minutes ago, Jburkdd12 said:

So i hope just for you we get Arnold then in 5 years i can tell you that he was garbage. He is still visiting so you will get your chance to flip him if they miss on Dante. 

He only plays at the highest level in Texas. I’d prefer Moore, I think he’s better, but the difference isn’t so large you risk only going after him with Johnson as plan B.

Regarding the ongoing QB recruiting debate look at the eight QB's that played in the NFL playoff this past weekend. Only 5* Mathew Stafford would have been acceptable for the fans and not created a melt down. The other seven were two-2* , four- low to mid 3* and one that played high school before Rivals ratings and he would've been a mid 4*.  These guys are all considered to be very good to elite NFL QB's. ND for the last 30+ years has not been able to produce or develop NFL caliber QB's the last true one was Steve Beuerlein. My question is what is the real problem, recruiting, development (coaching), bad luck, bad eye for talent, ND standards being too hard of a path or something else?

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Big23Head said:

They don’t need an athlete, they need a polished QB. 

7 minutes ago, Storm-64 said:

Regarding the ongoing QB recruiting debate look at the eight QB's that played in the NFL playoff this past weekend. Only 5* Mathew Stafford would have been acceptable for the fans and not created a melt down. The other seven were two-2* , four- low to mid 3* and one that played high school before Rivals ratings and he would've been a mid 4*.  These guys are all considered to be very good to elite NFL QB's. ND for the last 30+ years has not been able to produce or develop NFL caliber QB's the last true one was Steve Beuerlein. My question is what is the real problem, recruiting, development (coaching), bad luck, bad eye for talent, ND standards being too hard of a path or something else?

Before this yr, look at the last 5 QBs to win Titles:

Watson

Tua

Lawrence

Burrow

Jones

I could care less about NFL success.

All of those guys are starting NFL QB's except Watson who would be if he wasn't in trouble and all of them were on elite college teams surrounded by high end talent. The problem goes beyond Rees from Mirer up until Jurkovec ND has had numerous high 4 and 5* QB's and none of them ever became elite in college let alone the NFL the jury is still out on Buchner. There is something wrong somewhere even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while.

8 minutes ago, Storm-64 said:

All of those guys are starting NFL QB's except Watson who would be if he wasn't in trouble and all of them were on elite college teams surrounded by high end talent. The problem goes beyond Rees from Mirer up until Jurkovec ND has had numerous high 4 and 5* QB's and none of them ever became elite in college let alone the NFL the jury is still out on Buchner. There is something wrong somewhere even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while.

Rees has been a constant variable in that mix since ‘17.