DL Brooks Bahr (2023)
LB Drayk Bowen (2023)
LB Ta’Mere Robinson (2023)
LB Preston Zinter (2023)

CB Christian Gray (2023) - hopefully commits to ND soon
CB/S Jyaire Hill (2023)
ATH Ronan Hanafin (2023) - want him in the class
ATH Angelo Stockstill (2023)

I do not know much about some of the others listed here or I have others higher on the list. WR Elzy could be a name to watch for as well, but there are a couple WRs that I have ranked higher (Tate, Brown)

Edited by NDhoosier

19 hours ago, ELDER06 said:

He’s not that good. Completing 55% of your passes is horrendous. Even Angeli was better than that.

Also, are you willing to bet ND’s future on a 1 in a million shot this unheralded QB turns into an all time great? I’m not. Get a god dam elite QB. 

It would help if Rees actually made the visits to see Moore instead of Freeman & Mickens. 

You do know you can only visit the school 3 times in this cycle? Rees went twice Freeman once. 

1 hour ago, Jburkdd12 said:

You do know you can only visit the school 3 times in this cycle? Rees went twice Freeman once. 

I did not, so I retract my criticism in that regard. However, I’m still worried about Rees not being able to close the deal. They CANNOT settle for another mediocre QB.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Jburkdd12 said:

I’m only assuming that they let the position coach go the first two times and let the “closer” Freeman(coach) finish it off. Sounds like a solid plan to me. That’s exactly how I would do it. 

10 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Junior Day Visitors so far:

QB Ryan Montgomery (2025) - want him in the class
RB Kaden Feagin (2023) - want him in the class
RB Sedrick Irvin Jr. (2023)
WR Malik Elzy (2023)
WR Patrick Clacks (2024)

OL Luke Montgomery (2023) - want him in the class
OL Sullivan Absher (2023)
OL Austin Siereveld (2023)

DE Brenan Vernon (2023)
DL Devan Houstan (2023)
DL Brooks Bahr (2023)
LB Drayk Bowen (2023)
LB Preston Zinter (2023)

CB/S Jyaire Hill (2023)

I do not know much about some of the others listed here or I have others higher on the list. WR Elzy could be a name to watch for as well, but there are a couple WRs that I have ranked higher (Tate, Brown)

It is always interesting to look back at the JR day visitor lists 2 years later, once players have enrolled.

1 hour ago, D Fence said:

While probably 3rd at this point behind M and ND, Dante Moore visited Michigan State yesterday to watch their hoops practice and meet with coaches.  Apparently his 5th trip there.

From an ability to visit perspective, easier to hit Mich St than ND. Hopefully, not an impact on his choice

Detroit to Ann Arbor = 45 minutes

Detroit to Lansing = 1 hour 20 minutes

Detroit to South Bend = 3 hour 20 minutes

3 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

From an ability to visit perspective, easier to hit Mich St than ND. Hopefully, not an impact on his choice

Detroit to Ann Arbor = 45 minutes

Detroit to Lansing = 1 hour 20 minutes

Detroit to South Bend = 3 hour 20 minutes

Michigan friend says there’s absolutely no way he goes to State.  But who knows with Moore. Maybe he simply wants to party. 

• Leprechaun 1

17 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Junior Day Visitors so far:

QB Ryan Montgomery (2025) - want him in the class
RB Kaden Feagin (2023) - want him in the class
RB Sedrick Irvin Jr. (2023)
WR Malik Elzy (2023)
WR Patrick Clacks (2024)

OL Luke Montgomery (2023) - want him in the class
OL Sullivan Absher (2023)
OL Austin Siereveld (2023)

DE Brenan Vernon (2023)
DL Devan Houstan (2023)
DL Brooks Bahr (2023)
LB Drayk Bowen (2023)
LB Preston Zinter (2023)

CB/S Jyaire Hill (2023)

Robinson no longer visiting

On 1/28/2022 at 8:02 AM, ELDER06 said:

I did not, so I retract my criticism in that regard. However, I’m still worried about Rees not being able to close the deal. They CANNOT settle for another mediocre QB.

While it is key for ND to have better QB talent (either through development or recruiting), one thing to remember is that there are perhaps 5 elite QBs each year and there are over 120 schools vying for those QBs. If Kelly was what was holding Rees back from having recruiting success for skilled positions on Offense as has been suggested by various insiders, then he may need to be given an extra year given the length of recruiting cycles and to reflect that some HCs have been PERSONALLY recruiting 2023 QBs much longer than Freeman (given that Kelly was not known to be personally involved and may have been an hinderance even if he was). 

Hopefully, the combination of Rees and the 2022 starting QB having offensive success above and beyond what happened under Kelly and adding in the #FreemanEffect will let ND land an elite QB in the 2023 class. But, if not, then one has to evaluate if Rees needs one more cycle to be more successful recruiting at QB.

4 hours ago, golson5 said:

Not the best list of prospects for a junior day.   Hopefully we have another one in February or March that has a higher level of talent

Especially not when you consider Bowen is at Ole Miss this weekend and Keeley is at Bama. Plus it seems the older Montgomery didn’t love the defensive side of the ball idea. OL recruiting doesn’t concern me, but it’ll like cost us his younger QB brother. But who knows, it’s early.