2023 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

3 minutes ago, Jburkdd12 said:

rees recruited Allar way to late. It goes back to coach kelly theory on recruiting he didnt want to evalute the QB position from tape and in person at schools. He only would offer after watching the kid throw at ND which was stupid and alot of times put the staff behind on kids because we didnt offer till the summer. You can already see the changes being made from Rees on offering Kids way earlier than Kelly would of ever wanted. Lets see how it plays out... 

I prefer this approach, you can always offer and then back off a kid. 

• Heart 1
  • Leprechaun 1

3 minutes ago, Irish-scoop said:

Jack kiser played mostly 1-2A indiana competition...  I think he has held his own at the collegiate level 

WTF are you talking about? He’s mediocre at best and he’s not playing the most important position on the field.

Again, don’t tell me how you expect ND to close the gap then laud the performance of someone who wouldn’t see the field at the elite programs.

Edited by ELDER06
  • Leprechaun 1

Hof’er Terry Bradshaw and soon the be Hof’er Ben Rothlesberger played for crappy colleges and made it big. For some reason I want to say Heisman winner Devonte Smith lived and played in a small town rural area and was amazing. If you’re good…you’re good. 

22 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Hof’er Terry Bradshaw and soon the be Hof’er Ben Rothlesberger played for crappy colleges and made it big. For some reason I want to say Heisman winner Devonte Smith lived and played in a small town rural area and was amazing. If you’re good…you’re good. 

He’s not that good. Completing 55% of your passes is horrendous. Even Angeli was better than that.

Also, are you willing to bet ND’s future on a 1 in a million shot this unheralded QB turns into an all time great? I’m not. Get a god dam elite QB. 

It would help if Rees actually made the visits to see Moore instead of Freeman & Mickens. 

Edited by ELDER06

3 hours ago, ELDER06 said:

Did you see the teams he was playing against? It means something. Not a single one of those players will play any type of college football.

Means nothing.  If you can play you can play.   Lot of great great players come from small high schools.  Means absolutely nothing. You have to be able to evaluate talent.   

• Heart 1

@golson5 I agree with you, but only to a degree.  If you play top competitors, it’s easier to get an accurate assessment of how good the player is.  If not, it doesn’t mean the player isn’t amazing, it just makes it harder to evaluate his true potential.

Jimmy Chitwood was amazing in Hoosiers.  His team won it all.  That doesn’t mean the PG who made a granny shot is going to be amazing.

18 minutes ago, TexasDomer said:

@golson5 I agree with you, but only to a degree.  If you play top competitors, it’s easier to get an accurate assessment of how good the player is.  If not, it doesn’t mean the player isn’t amazing, it just makes it harder to evaluate his true potential.

Jimmy Chitwood was amazing in Hoosiers.  His team won it all.  That doesn’t mean the PG who made a granny shot is going to be amazing.

That was almost as good as an analogy as Tommy Boy.

24 minutes ago, TexasDomer said:

Ollie(granny shooter)wasn’t putting up 20 ppg either. So he would of never got an offer like Chitwood who dominated other teams. 
Rick Barry also shot the “granny shot” 🙂

1 hour ago, TexasDomer said:

That's why you have to be able to evaluate talent.  If you have someone who could evaluate talent, it doesn't matter the competition.  And there are tons of kids from small high schools that are great players

2 hours ago, golson5 said:

Means nothing.  If you can play you can play.   Lot of great great players come from small high schools.  Means absolutely nothing. You have to be able to evaluate talent.   

You’re wrong. There’s a reason a lot of kids are flocking to IMG from these small schools. They want to play better competition and get more exposure. 

4 minutes ago, golson5 said:

That's why you have to be able to evaluate talent.  If you have someone who could evaluate talent, it doesn't matter the competition.  And there are tons of kids from small high schools that are great players

Completing 55% of his passes should be reason enough to avoid him, even worse when it’s vs 5’7’’ 150 lbs Corners who run a 4.8 40. 

13 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

You’re wrong. There’s a reason a lot of kids are flocking to IMG from these small schools. They want to play better competition and get more exposure. 

You could have made your point without your first sentence because he is not wrong. There are plenty of kids that come from small high schools that succeed and excel at the collegiate and pro level. Some guys want to transfer to IMG and other top high school programs for more exposure and better presumed coaching and others don't, but the point that kids from small high schools can be great players is undebatable. It happens all the time.

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, ELDER06 said:

So are you really trying to say no good players come from small high schools??

If so, Hahahaha