2023 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

1 hour ago, ndfanatic78 said:

You mean like what coaches and universities (grown adults) have been able to do while forces kids to a different standards. I did ask for this and I’m all for kids being able to find the best situation for them. In this country there is no loyalty. It’s a me First Nation. So why should kids be held to a different standard especially when they aren’t professionals as people keep wanting to point out. They aren’t getting paid by the universities why shouldn’t they be able to transfer all other students can do it.

To keep this on football, the student athletes are getting paid in the form of a free education and room and board, unlike the vast majority of the rest of the students. However, I do agree that those student athletes should benefit from their NIL, since millions is being made off them since the NCAA has been so restrictive to earn any spending money in the past. 

49 minutes ago, USAFA03_HUGENDFAN said:

To keep this on football, the student athletes are getting paid in the form of a free education and room and board, unlike the vast majority of the rest of the students. However, I do agree that those student athletes should benefit from their NIL, since millions is being made off them since the NCAA has been so restrictive to earn any spending money in the past. 

If they are getting paid i.e. compensation for playing a sport. Then they aren’t amateurs, they are professionals and deserve more compensation. See the issue is the NCAA and the universities have been try to get the best of both worlds at the expense of the kids. In other words the adults have been taking advantage of the kids. I am glad the kids have finally been given the rights they should have never been denied. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, USAFA03_HUGENDFAN said:

To keep this on football, the student athletes are getting paid in the form of a free education and room and board, unlike the vast majority of the rest of the students. 

However, unlike the vast majority of the rest of the students, these students generate a massive stream of revenue for the university that, essentially, every other person associated with that effort profits from.

3 hours ago, ndfanatic78 said:

If they are getting paid i.e. compensation for playing a sport. Then they aren’t amateurs, they are professionals and deserve more compensation. See the issue is the NCAA and the universities have been try to get the best of both worlds at the expense of the kids. In other words the adults have been taking advantage of the kids. I am glad the kids have finally been given the rights they should have never been denied. 

Remember a big part of this mess is the lack of a professional route  for the players to take instead of college.  Its the NFL that forces kids to play school for three season before they can jump to the pros, not the NCAA.  The NFL gets to benefit from this arrangement by not having to invest in a minor league system like most other sports.

The NCAA is a imperfect organization and has been since its inception.  They were forced into NIL and other changes, which many advocated for a long time.  Now many of those same people complain that its too much now with all the changes occurring.  Which is it?  Personally I don't give a shit anymore and have zero vested in what happened.  Very soon I could see my interest disappearing just like it did for the NFL and MLB, and I just don't care anymore.  

• Heart 2

It does sound like things have calmed and are good between Bowen and ND. But you have to wonder, taking secret visits a few weeks after committing doesn't scream commitment. But, that's the risk you take when going after elite recruits. It's inevitable that we'll lose some of these. Just hope the coaches have a good plan for backups when their top guys bolt at the last minute. 

31 minutes ago, SDIrishFan said:

It does sound like things have calmed and are good between Bowen and ND. But you have to wonder, taking secret visits a few weeks after committing doesn't scream commitment. But, that's the risk you take when going after elite recruits. It's inevitable that we'll lose some of these. Just hope the coaches have a good plan for backups when their top guys bolt at the last minute. 

Agree on the elite recruits part. Another thing to consider, OU is 2hrs from Bowen and he likely has friends there and he went with teammates to visit. I'm not overly concerned because I too enjoyed visiting colleges and having fun when I was in HS. 

2 hours ago, Pregame said:

Agree on the elite recruits part. Another thing to consider, OU is 2hrs from Bowen and he likely has friends there and he went with teammates to visit. I'm not overly concerned because I too enjoyed visiting colleges and having fun when I was in HS. 

That is honestly what I was thinking as well. It's too early to get worked up over stuff like this. The staff is still recruiting another elite safety in Caleb Downs.

6 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

2022 season results for schools with new coaches (including OK and ND) will probably cause some movement once recruits get a better sense of new schemes, etc.

Sounds like excuse making. You would’ve crushed Kelly for missing on him. 

Edited by ELDER06

8 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

Rees fails again. WTF does everyone see in him? He can’t recruit for shit. If ND gets stuck with Avery Johnson, get rid of Rees 

What did you want him to do?  He is waiting on Moore.  Should Reese have just given up on Moore and pushed for Arnold?  Wouldn't you then complain about not getting, or even trying for, our top guy?

3 minutes ago, BAgate said:

What did you want him to do?  He is waiting on Moore.  Should Reese have just given up on Moore and pushed for Arnold?  Wouldn't you then complain about not getting, or even trying for, our top guy?

I’m happy with either or, but my understanding is Moore is leaning Michigan. 

Edited by ELDER06

8 minutes ago, BAgate said:

So you think that once someone 'leans' towards another school ND should stop recruiting them and go to plan B?

If they could’ve absolutely gotten Arnold, yes. In this case, I think both are fairly comparable. Way better than f’n Avery Johnson.