2023 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

Yesterday, I watched film of Notre Dame defensive recruits even as the TV showed the NFL playoffs. The talent of the players  being pursued by Notre Dame is amazing. It’s purely subjective, but I picked a player for each level of the defense that I like best.

Nykoles Harbor, Washington D.C defensive end.  6-5/225.  I doubt Harbor has ever played a game where he wasn’t the best athlete on the field. He’s my #1 choice for the defensive line because I feel that as good as he is at rushing the passer, he has the speed and athleticism to be equally good at dropping into coverage. (To me, he seemed the fastest of the linemen I watched.)

Anthony Hill, Texas linebacker.  6-2/225.  Hill is a violent athlete blessed with speed and football acumen. Players fly backwards when he hits them. (I love seeing a player lying on the field, arms and legs akimbo. Hill hits them that hard.)

Malik Muhammad, Texas cornerback.  6/170. The highlight films show him at receiver and at cornerback. Either way, he is smooth, fast and football-savvy. He makes plays everywhere.

Caleb Downs, Georgia safety.  6-1/185.  WOW!  (To have Peyton Bowen, Aiden Schuyler and Caleb Downs all committed would be the best safety recruiting class ever!)

While all these players are talking to Notre Dame, I don’t know how high Notre Dame stands with any of them.

• Heart 3

11 hours ago, ndfanatic78 said:

Keon Keeley has received an offer from Alabama and has set up a visit. Hopefully he likes the Washington hire.

I thought you were going to say it looks like Freeman's kid.  I honestly thought it was for a second.  

12 hours ago, ndfanatic78 said:

Keon Keeley has received an offer from Alabama and has set up a visit. Hopefully he likes the Washington hire.

Keeley does like the Washington hire.

Edited by reneg
  • Heart 1
  • Trophy 1
  • Leprechaun 1