2023 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

On 12/7/2021 at 3:49 PM, Jersey Irish said:

Can he hurry up and graduate this year? We  really need him in this class, haha

Mickey & Morrison are fairly highly rated 4*. Bellamy is a higher 3* but I believe the staff projects him as more of a Nickel.

On 12/10/2021 at 9:16 PM, OKelleyIrish said:

Haven't followed him closely lately, but was an early UGA lean. 

He comes from a good Catholic HS in a nice area (ATL burb), so wouldn't be shocked if he chose ND. But I'm not sure he's even visited. I know he's been to UGA. 

Justice Haynes has visited ND a couple of times. His dad played for the Steelers with Jerome Bettis and he hung out with him at the ND/USC game this year. He goes to the same ATL HS as JD Bertrand. I wouldn’t say he is leaning anywhere at the moment, but this will be a hard recruitment for ND to win with all the heavy hitters involved (Bama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State).

5 hours ago, tneun89 said:

Justice Haynes has visited ND a couple of times. His dad played for the Steelers with Jerome Bettis and he hung out with him at the ND/USC game this year. He goes to the same ATL HS as JD Bertrand. I wouldn’t say he is leaning anywhere at the moment, but this will be a hard recruitment for ND to win with all the heavy hitters involved (Bama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State).

Good to know about the visit. I didn't see any listed when I check after posting. Thank you.

I'm aware of the JD connect. I know some parents with kids at the school. 

2 hours ago, Big23Head said:

See the first page. There are a few. More will come with a new OL coach and the spring. 

Fair point, I just have not heard any talk about any of them in recent months. I know the priority is 2022 still, just feeling very... ignorant... when it comes to OL targets next year outside of Proctor (who will probably follow Xavier with our luck). A new OL coach will definitely change things up, hopefully for the better!

1 hour ago, golson5 said:

Hope to land Bowen and Grey soon.

Then we can zero in on Downs and Muhammad to lock up the number 1 secondary class in the country

I love the D recruiting but god damn, the Offensive side is lacking. I can’t get excited until ND starts making strides on that side of the ball.

• Heart 1

31 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

I love the D recruiting but god damn, the Offensive side is lacking. I can’t get excited until ND starts making strides on that side of the ball.

Recruiting on offense the last 2 years has been really good.  If we land a better recruiter at wr no reason to think it won't get even better

1 hour ago, ELDER06 said:

Sorry, but I can’t let you get off that easy. You used to say under Kelly that this is the best that they can do.  Top10-12 classes sprinkle in a top 5 every five years.  Now that they are starting to recruit higher you’re demanding more from the new staff?  So…it can be done?  What was wrong with Kelly and recruiting better?  

• Heart 2
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Sorry, but I can’t let you get off that easy. You used to say under Kelly that this is the best that they can do.  Top10-12 classes sprinkle in a top 5 every five years.  Now that they are starting to recruit higher you’re demanding more from the new staff?  So…it can be done?  What was wrong with Kelly and recruiting better?  

I expect them to be Top 10, closer to 7-8, with occasional top 5 class. So I adjusted my expectations slightly higher with Freeman 

23 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

I expect them to be Top 10, closer to 7-8, with occasional top 5 class. So I adjusted my expectations slightly higher with Freeman 

Because Kelly didnt recruit.  If MF hired a stud wr coach we can get in the top 5