2023 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

ND lost three 5 star players this cycle. Dante Moore, Keon Keeley, and Peyton Bowen. I think missing Moore was a blessing for ND. He may turn out to be great but this was all about money, glamour, and such. Keeley is the true miss. It turned in money for his family but he was the player ND needed. Bowen was a player that ND needed but not the way things went down. That is either a confused kid or a liar that would not have worked out anyway. I am intrigued to watch all 3 moving forward. 

• Heart 4

1 minute ago, Big23Head said:

Also Oregon has swopped in with a lot of money this year like A&M last year. I hope they flame. 

I can’t wait!  I hope it goes the same way A and M’s did this year. With them losing a ton of games and a lot of those players leaving. Chemistry is hard

• Heart 2

25 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

https://admin.goducks.com/signingday/football/football/1022/

btw, may be something, may be nothing, but Bowen still not on OU's signing list. 

Waiting for the check to clear 😛

I am envisioning a big bag with a dollar sign on it. The word Moore is written on it but crossed out, beneath written in crayon is Bowen. The B is backwards.

• Laughing Leprechaun 4

2 hours ago, Big23Head said:

ND lost three 5 star players this cycle. Dante Moore, Keon Keeley, and Peyton Bowen. I think missing Moore was a blessing for ND. He may turn out to be great but this was all about money, glamour, and such. Keeley is the true miss. It turned in money for his family but he was the player ND needed. Bowen was a player that ND needed but not the way things went down. That is either a confused kid or a liar that would not have worked out anyway. I am intrigued to watch all 3 moving forward. 

Absolutely, this kid took the Nike money and dissed both ND and Oklahoma in the end. Think he kept his ND commit to the very end to keep his momma off his back and then disrespected her (you could see that in the video). Moral of the story: never lie to your momma or to the ND coaches. Hope he spends his bag of money on getting some help from a psychiatrist!

7 minutes ago, Jersey Irish said:

Absolutely, this kid took the Nike money and dissed both ND and Oklahoma in the end. Think he kept his ND commit to the very end to keep his momma off his back and then disrespected her (you could see that in the video). Moral of the story: never lie to your momma or to the ND coaches. Hope he spends his bag of money on getting some help from a psychiatrist!

I wouldn't want him if he turned full circle honestly. If you want to be about the money, I'm not mad at you for it, just say that. Kids obviously worked hard and is ultra-talented, but do it the right way. Make it about the money from the jump. And sure he could have been conflicted, but like many others have said if you aren't just sure, don't sign during the early enrollment period. Stretch it out to Feb. His mom obviously had no clue it was going down like that as her reaction was genuine shock, like she anticipated ND. Recruiting is wild and almost not even worth following with the way NIL is right now. Even when they sign on the dotted line, it's not a 3-4 year commitment these days. NIL can and has swayed a ton of kids just one year into a school. There's plenty of talented kids who get by on talent alone and aren't ready for big boy college football mentally and one year may not be enough to get CFB ready. If they keep jumping ship they're never going to get prepared for the NFL like that.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, SDIrishFan said:

Unfortunately this assumes all 4 stars are created equal. They’re not.

Sure but the hit rate increases with the higher percentage. The following is also true. However, IMO only Keeley truly matters then Bowen. It's a step up from the prior coaching staff though and will continue to be tweaked. As of today, ND needs to figure out how to get up to 2-3 undergrad transfers in each year and 2-3 grad transfers each year. Starting this year.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, JeffV said:

I've been thinking the same thing.  Future contracts are going to remember who took all their 5 stars.

Looks like Nike's checks have not cleared the Peyton's Texas bank or his mother is giving him what-for over his last minute flip

Nick Harris

@RivalsNick

DEVELOPING: As of 4:00pm CT, Oregon has not yet received a letter of intent from Denton (Texas) Guyer 5 S Peyton Bowen, and a source says there are still conversations happening behind the scenes. Buckle up.

• Heart 1

56 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

Sure but the hit rate increases with the higher percentage. The following is also true. However, IMO only Keeley truly matters then Bowen. It's a step up from the prior coaching staff though and will continue to be tweaked. As of today, ND needs to figure out how to get up to 2-3 undergrad transfers in each year and 2-3 grad transfers each year. Starting this year.

Agreed.  Keon was a big loss, moreso than Bowen or Moore IMO.  High 4-5 star edge rushers are difficult to come by for ND.  We've seen QBs get coached up and at least be game manager types at ND and other places.  But the sheer athleticism and speed of elite pass rushers just can't be coached up, either you have it or you don't. 

• Heart 1