2023 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

14 minutes ago, Jersey Irish said:

Correct,Big, safety will not be an issue in 2023. Xavier Watts is going to be awesome next year at safety as he really came on the last half of the season. From Omaha, he was Nebraska's Gatorade Player of the Year.

If Joseph stays. Safety will be an issue without him. They need depth and are missing the true free safety without Joseph. I like Watts improvement a lot and think he could take off this year.

2 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

If Joseph stays. Safety will be an issue without him. They need depth and are missing the true free safety without Joseph. I like Watts improvement a lot and think he could take off this year.

Who do you think can replace Foskey?  Not that he can truly be replaced.  That’s why I think they needed Keeley. Not sure they have a true pass-rusher on this squad. 

3 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Who do you think can replace Foskey?  Not that he can truly be replaced.  That’s why I think they needed Keeley. Not sure they have a true pass-rusher on this squad. 

I agree. Hopefully some combo of Botelho, Gobaira, Burnham, maybe Justin A. I don't see anyone in the portal right now that fits. 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Big23Head said:

I agree. Hopefully some combo of Botelho, Gobaira, Burnham, maybe Justin A. I don't see anyone in the portal right now that fits. 

Lastly, and I’ll let you get back to work. Any updates on Fiske, Cepheus or other transfers?  Or is that hidden for the time being?

2 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

I would like to see Botelho take that spot.

Me too. Just haven’t seen a lot from him yet. Just thinking out loud. Tyson Ford?  Is he that type of player?  Trying to remember the hype machine of d-line recruits. Where is Hinish at in his development?  Not that he is a rush end but maybe he could fit in the middle and move across outside since he’s quick and can use his hands. 

1 minute ago, coltssb said:

Lastly, and I’ll let you get back to work. Any updates on Fiske, Cepheus or other transfers?  Or is that hidden for the time being?

Fiske is working on deciding between ND, USC, and FSU. ND was tops but it got closer. Should know shortly. Cephas I would bet on Colorado or PSU.

• Heart 2

One thing that Kevin Sinclair at Irish Illustrated brought up and I think is a good point. If you look at the recruiting class in thirds it gives you a sense how much improvement ND made with this class. The middle third includes:

Micah Bell, Kenny Minchey, Boubacar Traore, Sullivan Absher, Rico Flores, Devan Houstan, Cooper Flanagan, Brandyn Hillman (all 4*s and several expected to be really good players)

This goes along with Pete Sampson's tweet about blue chip player ratio increasing. 

• Heart 4

2 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

I thought Nana was playing better midway and down the stretch.

Agree with this Jesse, it does seem his number was being called more in the back half of the season. I think Jr might be the man for Vyper.

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

I thought Nana was playing better midway and down the stretch.

4 hours ago, jimbo said:

Agree with this Jesse, it does seem his number was being called more in the back half of the season. I think Jr might be the man for Vyper.

Agree with both of you. Just want Nana really to step up, and kill it. I had big hopes when he committed. He's been very quiet... 

Article posted a few weeks ago, Jr has been splitting time between MIKE and Vyper. At 240+ already, makes me lean to Vyper. Wish he had another 1 or 2 inches of height. 

17 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Agree with both of you. Just want Nana really to step up, and kill it. I had big hopes when he committed. He's been very quiet... 

Article posted a few weeks ago, Jr has been splitting time between MIKE and Vyper. At 240+ already, makes me lean to Vyper. Wish he had another 1 or 2 inches of height. 

Burnum is next vyper 

• Heart 1