2023 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

9 hours ago, PJacksonsDred15 said:

Bowen to Oregon after pretending to stick with ND but saying "nah".

The disrespect. 

That was not a great look. You would be very, very disappointed as a parent if your kid embarrassed you like that on camera.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Big23Head said:

I'll give me full thoughts at some point and others should too. But this is very important

That says a lot. Sure all 4*s are not created equal, but they are still better than 3*s. Quite a marked improvement this year and last. Before that 6 of the previous 7 recruiting classes in the 40 and 50% range. Yikes!

• Heart 2

46 minutes ago, EddieAngel said:

Oregon looks like they flipped a lot of high profile recruits today. A weird coincidence I am sure.

I think what Novosad did to Baylor is just terrible. 
Last minute flip to Oregon, leaving Baylor without a QB.  
It’s the way of the world now. A commitment is not a commitment until the ink meets the paper and the kid goes to a class. 

• Heart 3

4 minutes ago, AnTostal said:

I think what Novosad did to Baylor is just terrible. 
Last minute flip to Oregon, leaving Baylor without a QB.  
It’s the way of the world now. A commitment is not a commitment until the ink meets the paper and the kid goes to a class. 

Really want us and Baylor to play Oregon now to knock both his and bowen's dicks into the dirt.  I can guarantee you players at the jilted schools of both won't forget this crap.  People can say all they want but bitch move by both Novosad and Bowen and shows me their beta status.  If you want to flip, flip, but don't do it last second to programs who have done nothing but treated you with respect and held your spot.  It is almost like Oregon is directing their flips to do this on purpose also?

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, ObieKnobbe said:

Really want us and Baylor to play Oregon now to knock both his and bowen's dicks into the dirt.  I can guarantee you players at the jilted schools of both won't forget this crap.  People can say all they want but bitch move by both Novosad and Bowen and shows me their beta status.  If you want to flip, flip, but don't do it last second to programs who have done nothing but treated you with respect and held your spot.  It is almost like Oregon is directing their flips to do this on purpose also?

I doubt that it was intentional like that. I suspect it was more of an 11th hour phone call to say: “Whatever you were offered we will double. See you in January.”

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, Big23Head said:

Sure but the hit rate increases with the higher percentage. The following is also true. However, IMO only Keeley truly matters then Bowen. It's a step up from the prior coaching staff though and will continue to be tweaked. As of today, ND needs to figure out how to get up to 2-3 undergrad transfers in each year and 2-3 grad transfers each year. Starting this year.

Don’t get me started down this road. Angry me will come out comparing this regime with the last one on how mediocre the last regime was in recruiting. The grades…the weather boo-hoo. 

Anyways…..the one thing I’ve been thinking about. Freeman has to think of another gameplan against Oregon. It may not matter. But whatever it is isn’t working against them. He’s 0-3 against Oregon in recruiting with Moore, Bowen, and Limar. Find out what it is that’s being sold and change it!

45 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Don’t get me started down this road. Angry me will come out comparing this regime with the last one on how mediocre the last regime was in recruiting. The grades…the weather boo-hoo. 

Anyways…..the one thing I’ve been thinking about. Freeman has to think of another gameplan against Oregon. It may not matter. But whatever it is isn’t working against them. He’s 0-3 against Oregon in recruiting with Moore, Bowen, and Limar. Find out what it is that’s being sold and change it!

0-2 as Moore went to UCLA

I know they did lose to UCLA for Moore, but Oregon also lost. Point being, if a kid is a flipper (more than once), hard to put that on the coaching staff

34 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

0-2 as Moore went to UCLA

I know they did lose to UCLA for Moore, but Oregon also lost. Point being, if a kid is a flipper (more than once), hard to put that on the coaching staff

Oh I get it. But if it’s two of your top recruits. Better figure it out. Because you know next year their going to do it again. They must be negatively recruiting or finding their pitch against ND. 

12 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Oh I get it. But if it’s two of your top recruits. Better figure it out. Because you know next year their going to do it again. They must be negatively recruiting or finding their pitch against ND. 

Not disagreeing with your sentiment. Just that Moore gets an asterisk for me

14 hours ago, JeffV said:

I've been thinking the same thing.  Future contracts are going to remember who took all their 5 stars.

ND jumped ship with Adidas when Adidas gave Michigan most favored nation status.  In the end, Adidas lost both brands.

FaithInIrish Forever
This post was recognized by FaithInIrish Forever!

"Awesome as always!"

Big23Head was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

QB

TN QB Kenny Minchey: Great pick up for ND. The more I see, the more I like and he fits really well. He could be quite a steal actually.

RB

MO RB Jeremiyah Love: Great pickup and the type ND does not have. Hopefully pairing him with a healthy Jadarian Price is nasty. This guy adds an extra level ND has not had. 

WR

TX WR Braylon James: Maybe a Tobias Merriweather type. Long, lean, fast receiver. Great pickup.

TX WR Jaden Greathouse: I expect him to play early. He has the size and maturity to play. He has performed and produced at one of the highest levels of football for the last 4 years. Great piece to have.

CA WR Rico Flores: I really like Flores. Showed great growth this year before getting injured. Plays hard and has some sneaky speed. 

TX WR Kaleb Smith: Intrigued here. Some think he could be the best WR. In highlights you see what people like. For the 4th WR in a class he is fantastic.

TE

CA TE Cooper Flanagan: I love this kid. Think he is an NFL TE. He's huge and moves well. Love that he played DE this year. I think he could play early. 

OL

IL OL Charles Jagusah: Love his mentality and background. Could be a mauler at G or a RT. Great piece to work with.

NC OL Sullivan Absher: He's huge and I love his attitude. Him and Jagusah are a great combo to bring in with last years class. 

KS OL Joe Otting: If he can add good weight and maintain his athleticism watch out. Would be a great C or G. 

NC OL Sam Pendleton: Love his attitude and desire. He is a wait and see. He needs time to develop more, I think? Behind the scenes people think he's very underrated and a beast.

WI OL Christopher Terek: No clue here. Big kid still reshaping his body. In Harry We Trust.

DL

OH DL Brenan Vernon: This kid could be phenomenal. He was triple teamed a ton in HS. Now things even out and he hits the college weight room. Has the attitude you want to see.

MA DL Boubacar Traore: He is quick and could be an EDGE in the end. Was showing great explosion this year. Very nice addition.

MD DL Devan Houstan: Great size but needs a year or two to get fully up to speed I think.

VA DL Armel Mukam: Great tools, high motor, long, raw, will take time for him.  

LB

IN LB Drayk Bowen: Excited to see him at the All American Bowl. If he shows well then ND got a great LB. I think he will be good at least, his competition is hard to gage him. 

LA LB Jaiden Ausberry: He just dropped and dropped in the rankings but I think he will prove to be an excellent college LB. Good speed and always around the ball.

MA LB Preston Zinter: Intriguing player. Showed some good athleticism this year and some highlight plays. Not sure if he is a LB or a tweener LB/DE. 

CB

MO CB Christian Gray: Love this kid. High ceiling and could be another Morrison I think, but take a little longer to get there. 

TX CB Micah Bell: Speed, attitude, and desire. ND hasn't had 2 CBs like this in a long time. 

S

NJ S Adon Shuler: I think he will prove to be underrated. He reshaped his body, he brings an attitude, he works hard, he's motivated. Excited to see him at the All American Bowl. 

OH S Ben Minich: If he can add some weight and maintain speed, ND got a real football player here. Instinctive and always around the ball.

ATH

VA ATH Brandyn Hillman: Ultimate athlete. He needs a couple of years to learn most likely but if he puts it together its NFL material. 

Overall, the speed, athleticism, and quality of this class improved over years passed. The athletes are just better with higher ceilings, the floor has risen. ND is still in tier 2 behind Alabama, UGA, and OSU. This is certainly a good start. Losing Bowen and Keeley hurt. ND needs to figure out something there, which will not be easy. 

Edited by Big23Head
  • Heart 3
  • Trophy 1

1 hour ago, Big23Head said:

QB

TN QB Kenny Minchey: Great pick up for ND. The more I see, the more I like and he fits really well. He could be quite a steal actually.

RB

MO RB Jeremiyah Love: Great pickup and the type ND does not have. Hopefully pairing him with a healthy Jadarian Price is nasty. This guy adds an extra level ND has not had. 

WR

TX WR Braylon James: Maybe a Tobias Merriweather type. Long, lean, fast receiver. Great pickup.

TX WR Jaden Greathouse: I expect him to play early. He has the size and maturity to play. He has performed and produced at one of the highest levels of football for the last 4 years. Great piece to have.

CA WR Rico Flores: I really like Flores. Showed great growth this year before getting injured. Plays hard and has some sneaky speed. 

TX WR Kaleb Smith: Intrigued here. Some think he could be the best WR. In highlights you see what people like. For the 4th WR in a class he is fantastic.

TE

CA TE Cooper Flanagan: I love this kid. Think he is an NFL TE. He's huge and moves well. Love that he played DE this year. I think he could play early. 

OL

IL OL Charles Jagusah: Love his mentality and background. Could be a mauler at G or a RT. Great piece to work with.

NC OL Sullivan Absher: He's huge and I love his attitude. Him and Jagusah are a great combo to bring in with last years class. 

KS OL Joe Otting: If he can add good weight and maintain his athleticism watch out. Would be a great C or G. 

NC OL Sam Pendleton: Love his attitude and desire. He is a wait and see. He needs time to develop more and get even stronger. 

WI OL Christopher Terek: No clue here. Big kid still reshaping his body. In Harry We Trust.

DL

OH DL Brenan Vernon: This kid could be phenomenal. He was triple teamed a ton in HS. Now things even out and he hits the college weight room. Has the attitude you want to see.

MA DL Boubacar Traore: He is quick and could be an EDGE in the end. Was showing great explosion this year. Very nice addition.

MD DL Devan Houstan: Great size but needs a year or two to get fully up to speed I think.

VA DL Armel Mukam: Great tools, high motor, long, raw, will take time for him.  

LB

IN LB Drayk Bowen: Excited to see him at the All American Bowl. If he shows well then ND got a great LB. I think he will be good at least, his competition is hard to gage him. 

LA LB Jaiden Ausberry: He just dropped and dropped in the rankings but I think he will prove to be an excellent college LB. Good speed and always around the ball.

MA LB Preston Zinter: Intriguing player. Showed some good athleticism this year and some highlight plays. Not sure if he is a LB or a tweener LB/DE. 

CB

MO CB Christian Gray: Love this kid. High ceiling and could be another Morrison I think, but take a little longer to get there. 

TX CB Micah Bell: Speed, attitude, and desire. ND hasn't had 2 CBs like this in a long time. 

S

NJ S Adon Shuler: I think he will prove to be underrated. He reshaped his body, he brings an attitude, he works hard, he's motivated. Excited to see him at the All American Bowl. 

OH S Ben Minich: If he can add some weight and maintain speed, ND got a real football player here. Instinctive and always around the ball.

ATH

VA ATH Brandyn Hillman: Ultimate athlete. He needs a couple of years to learn most likely but if he puts it together its NFL material. 

Overall, the speed, athleticism, and quality of this class improved over years passed. The athletes are just better with higher ceilings, the floor has risen. ND is still in tier 2 behind Alabama, UGA, and OSU. This is certainly a good start. Losing Bowen and Keeley hurt. ND needs to figure out something there, which will not be easy. 

As usual, you are the man! Great to see the classes improving as you said if ND could land a few 5 stars it would be awesome!

One things that stands out as a difference between this and BK. 

I feel like with BK each class had a hole, a position missed, whether WR last year, CB some years, DL etc. I feel like they hit their numbers without a glaring miss. Yea, they had flips but for the most they had a safety net. 

56 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

One things that stands out as a difference between this and BK. 

I feel like with BK each class had a hole, a position missed, whether WR last year, CB some years, DL etc. I feel like they hit their numbers without a glaring miss. Yea, they had flips but for the most they had a safety net. 

I think the two misses or needs were safety and Vyper positions. Not because that was Keeley and a Owens positions but those were positions that ND truly needed to land a ready player. I think ND is still lacking there and may need to go to the graduate portal to land someone. Especially, if Joseph leaves. 

2 hours ago, coltssb said:

I think the two misses or needs were safety and Vyper positions. Not because that was Keeley and a Owens positions but those were positions that ND truly needed to land a ready player. I think ND is still lacking there and may need to go to the graduate portal to land someone. Especially, if Joseph leaves. 

Agree that safety is an issue. Think they needed that portal either way, especially if Joseph leaves. 

• Heart 1