2023 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

I think we'll see a shift in defensive philosophy, but in passing downs on the edge we're going to see who puts in the work over the next 8 months.  Burnham is intriguing.  Botelho and Nana already serviceable, but maybe not explosive yet.

Sounds like Fiske is leaning ND - would be a nice depth add for the entire rotation.

• Heart 3

On 12/24/2022 at 11:16 AM, JeffV said:

I think we'll see a shift in defensive philosophy, but in passing downs on the edge we're going to see who puts in the work over the next 8 months.  Burnham is intriguing.  Botelho and Nana already serviceable, but maybe not explosive yet.

Sounds like Fiske is leaning ND - would be a nice depth add for the entire rotation.

Fiske went FSU.

1 hour ago, TexasDomer said:

With 3 million dollars, you can fly a lot of people in to visit 

Is that what he is getting?  That’s insane. A one year rotational guy/starter. Good for him but these schools are paying like it’s Major League Baseball right now. So dumb. Oh well…not money. 

1 hour ago, coltssb said:

Is that what he is getting?  That’s insane. A one year rotational guy/starter. Good for him but these schools are paying like it’s Major League Baseball right now. So dumb. Oh well…not money. 

schools aren't paying them, its the boosters/companies/etc.

19 hours ago, lazard said:

schools aren't paying them, its the boosters/companies/etc.

I said this earlier but schools are coming up with creative ways to facilitate NIL for sponsors that is indirect compensation of players.  E.g., BYU airs commercials on the jumbotron during basketball game stoppages with BYU player endorsements.  Substantively, that's BYU paying an athlete.

3 hours ago, Blammm said:

I said this earlier but schools are coming up with creative ways to facilitate NIL for sponsors that is indirect compensation of players.  E.g., BYU airs commercials on the jumbotron during basketball game stoppages with BYU player endorsements.  Substantively, that's BYU paying an athlete.

You’re right I seen similar ads on local tv where the player is promoting a product where he is representing the school he plays for. For instance, I am xxxxx QB for xxxxx University, that wouldn’t happen unless the school gave permission to use their name in the commercial. The schools are just middle men in a lot of cases I believe.

6 minutes ago, ND_JACK said:

You’re right I seen similar ads on local tv where the player is promoting a product where he is representing the school he plays for. For instance, I am xxxxx QB for xxxxx University, that wouldn’t happen unless the school gave permission to use their name in the commercial. The schools are just middle men in a lot of cases I believe.

In these cases, this is the true spirit of NIL. Local businesses are both paying for ads and paying players to be spokesmen for their products.

15 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

In these cases, this is the true spirit of NIL. Local businesses are both paying for ads and paying players to be spokesmen for their products.

Yes I just don’t like how the school is in the middle. Not sure how that can be policed though.

• 2 weeks later...