2023 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

12 hours ago, coltssb said:

Money almost always wins. 

Me too. You know it wasn’t all about Nix coming back. No way. How can one kid be committed this long and flip last second to a team that has an average recruiting class coming in. 

Or they decided to give the bag to a transfer. 

3 minutes ago, D Fence said:

Seems really quiet a day before early signing. By and large, that is probably a good thing.  Outside of likely losing Limar and potentially P. Bowen, transfer portal in and out has been pretty quiet too.

Yeah, I haven't been posting everything because things are so fluid this year. I started the early signing period thread for tomorrow. Portal may get more exciting right after the new year. ND is probably only looking at a few spots though. 

From Irish Ilustrated's Tom  Loy:

I’m not sure this is my final update before Wednesday, but it’s starting to look like that. Here is what I know about Notre Dame and five-star safety Peyton Bowen less than 24 hours before he puts pen to paper and signs his letter of intent.

Just as a refresher, here is what I wrote on Monday.

“My feeling on this has changed in the past few days. I went from nearly changing my Crystal Ball pick to Oklahoma and joining Brandon Drumm and Steve Wiltfong, to holding off because of new intel. Trust me, if I felt like this was a slam dunk for Oklahoma, I would go ahead and change it just like I did for Jayden Limar and Oregon. I’m now feeling more confident about Notre Dame’s chances, which matches the feeling of the Fighting Irish staff. Look, I know how confident Oklahoma is and I know what everyone near his hometown is saying, but if Bowen shuts things down and signs with Notre Dame, at least as it stands right now, it genuinely wouldn’t surprise me. There has been plenty of movement behind the scenes to make me think the Fighting Irish remain very much in this race in the homestretch. We'll see how things go over the next 48 hours.”

Here is how I feel today.

I still believe, when all is said and done he sticks with Notre Dame and chooses the Irish over Oklahoma and Oregon. I know. I get it. I'm essentially on an island here. That’s the feeling I have based on multiple conversations over the past 24 hours. He’s had plenty of time to decommit since first pledging to the Fighting Irish way back on Jan. 1. He’s had nothing but time to change his mind. He could have had an easy out from the class and take official visits, which Marcus Freeman asked his commits not to do while being committed to his program. The reasons he picked Notre Dame are still the same now as they were many, many months ago. His bond with Freeman and safeties coach Chris O'Leary is second to none and his connection with the other Notre Dame commits carries a lot of weight in this one. My Crystal Ball remains unchanged and still sits on the Irish. Right or wrong, that’s where it’s going to stay.

10 hours ago, Jersey Irish said:

From Irish Ilustrated's Tom  Loy:

I’m not sure this is my final update before Wednesday, but it’s starting to look like that. Here is what I know about Notre Dame and five-star safety Peyton Bowen less than 24 hours before he puts pen to paper and signs his letter of intent.

Just as a refresher, here is what I wrote on Monday.

“My feeling on this has changed in the past few days. I went from nearly changing my Crystal Ball pick to Oklahoma and joining Brandon Drumm and Steve Wiltfong, to holding off because of new intel. Trust me, if I felt like this was a slam dunk for Oklahoma, I would go ahead and change it just like I did for Jayden Limar and Oregon. I’m now feeling more confident about Notre Dame’s chances, which matches the feeling of the Fighting Irish staff. Look, I know how confident Oklahoma is and I know what everyone near his hometown is saying, but if Bowen shuts things down and signs with Notre Dame, at least as it stands right now, it genuinely wouldn’t surprise me. There has been plenty of movement behind the scenes to make me think the Fighting Irish remain very much in this race in the homestretch. We'll see how things go over the next 48 hours.”

Here is how I feel today.

I still believe, when all is said and done he sticks with Notre Dame and chooses the Irish over Oklahoma and Oregon. I know. I get it. I'm essentially on an island here. That’s the feeling I have based on multiple conversations over the past 24 hours. He’s had plenty of time to decommit since first pledging to the Fighting Irish way back on Jan. 1. He’s had nothing but time to change his mind. He could have had an easy out from the class and take official visits, which Marcus Freeman asked his commits not to do while being committed to his program. The reasons he picked Notre Dame are still the same now as they were many, many months ago. His bond with Freeman and safeties coach Chris O'Leary is second to none and his connection with the other Notre Dame commits carries a lot of weight in this one. My Crystal Ball remains unchanged and still sits on the Irish. Right or wrong, that’s where it’s going to stay.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF