2023 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, ObieKnobbe said:

If this involves NIL money this is our future at ND unfortunately, and it will continue to get worse from here.  Sure hope it wasn't that

Agreed!  And yeah, let’s hope not!

• Heart 1

Before you all flip out over NIL, be advised that this doesn’t appear related:

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/.amp/football/brandyn-hillman-will-not-enroll-at-notre-dame-football

Hillman was not able to get the final clear through admissions, and therefore could not enroll at Notre Dame this summer. He will now look to find a new collegiate home.”

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, TexasDomer said:

Before you all flip out over NIL, be advised that this doesn’t appear related:

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/.amp/football/brandyn-hillman-will-not-enroll-at-notre-dame-football

Hillman was not able to get the final clear through admissions, and therefore could not enroll at Notre Dame this summer. He will now look to find a new collegiate home.”

Beat me to it Texas!

16 hours ago, Big23Head said:

Multiple people have indicated they feel ND was too picky in this specific case. Looking at the overall package of Hillman he should have been admitted, just some people's opinion.

This doesn't sound good and hopefully doesn't bite us in the ass in the future.

Yea ...  and I would about bet if he was an eye candy 5 star recruit...   they would have kept it under wraps... and welcomed him on in....    the more I learn about how the world works .. the more disgusted I become ...    I hope if he truly wanted to be Irish... and they play selective politics ...      then I hope he absolutely kills it wherever he ends up 

2 minutes ago, Irish-scoop said:

Yea ...  and I would about bet if he was an eye candy 5 star recruit...   they would have kept it under wraps... and welcomed him on in....    the more I learn about how the world works .. the more disgusted I become ...    I hope if he truly wanted to be Irish... and they play selective politics ...      then I hope he absolutely kills it wherever he ends up 

I don’t know. It just seems like if you aren’t eligible they don’t care what the star rating is. That’s why Kelly always mentioned shopping down a different isle.  ND needs to have a little more leeway in some regards.  

• Cheers 2