2022 QB Steve Angeli is Irish!

You’re a walking contradiction....on so many levels. If it isn’t correct in your mind then it’s wrong. Sound about right? Well, why don’t you go ahead and throw your name to BK and join as assistant? Because I’m sure you know more they do and I’m sure you would play well with others on the staff. Bahahahaha. You be shyt canned within a week.

As for the actual thread. We can shoot higher but without any true football for a lot of these guys I’m sure this year is going to be a wash in terms of determining talent. We’re at the mercy of BK and his guys and finding and evaluating talent this year.

No, it’s only a contradiction to you bc I don’t buy into your bs. And you think I’d get fired, imagine you being an AD and firing a success HC with no replacement in mind.

Honest question. Isn't harder for a QB to throw a nice mid to deep ball on the run compared to dropping back. I would think dropping back allows you to set your feet and power through easier. Secondly, this may not be the kids fault, its the offense he is asked to run. Arm strength is absolutely something that can been seen in a camp setting. April 25th that happens with Elite 11. Angeli already throws a 40 yard ball on the run pretty easily. I'm intrigued to see more.

Mac Jones is about the same size now as Angeli. Mac Jones does not have elite arm talent, he has a solid arm. He had excellent weapons around him. I get it, we all want T-Law, Fields, maybe Trask. BUT they all have elite weapons around them...ND does not. Complain more about that and I'll agree because there is clear evidence.

I agree it’s harder to fit a ball into a tight window, but that doesn’t negate the lack of arm strength. And I don’t care what a kid does in 7 v 7 compared to his in game play. I want to know if you can hit that deep ball downfield when there’s an actual pass rush.

Agree 100%, Faith. This Jersey kid is big time. Look at his offer list, Ohio State, Penn State etc

For the type of QB ND needs to get them over the hump, it’s not an impressive offer list. OSU was never going to take him after Ewers. Penn St, Michigan, Oregon are lesser programs than ND. I feel bad being this negative, but the staff looks like they have no clue how to recruit QBs.

I do agree with the bold part. ND does need to shoot higher earlier. Ty Simpson should have had an earlier offer along with 1-2 others. They have to at least try to get in on a couple of those kids plus Steve Angeli types. ND was not pushing for Angeli until the end.

Are they even throwing there names into the Arch Manning sweepstakes?

They may offer, I think they should no doubt. Texas will be a player for him as well. ND has a few QBs on the radar right now.

They should offer, but there’s virtually no chance he strays outside of the South.

Should we expect to see 2023 QB offers go out in the summer of 2022?

I’ll be fair to the staff and say this is where the pandemic makes things difficult. The class of ‘23 will have a good amount of kids without film as Sophs or at least incomplete film. It’s going to be really hard to judge QBs in that class.

I do agree with the bold part. ND does need to shoot higher earlier. Ty Simpson should have had an earlier offer along with 1-2 others. They have to at least try to get in on a couple of those kids plus Steve Angeli types. ND was not pushing for Angeli until the end.

Agreed. Buchner is clearly talented, but I'm not even sold that he's a sure fire bet to pan out. They *have* to aim high and hit big on the 2023 class because they won't have anyone in the QB room besides Buchner that has talent that will scare the teams ND wants to compete against.

Edited by ColinKSU

I have read differing opinions on how good Angeli is compared to Allard. I'd like to complain but I don't know all of the behind the scenes details that lead to the outcome. For instance, knowing why the staff didn't pursue Simpson sooner would be important before I complain about recruiting failures.

I have read differing opinions on how good Angeli is compared to Allard. I'd like to complain but I don't know all of the behind the scenes details that lead to the outcome. For instance, knowing why the staff didn't pursue Simpson sooner would be important before I complain about recruiting failures.

With regards to Simpson, Kelly and Rees must use different criteria to evaluate QBs than Clemson or Alabama.

• 1 month later...

Drew Allar will be at the UA game too. I’m interested to watch them both. Allar had a very good day at the Elite 11 today. I think Angeli is a solid QB but Allar felt like he might have another level. Time will tell.