2022 QB Steve Angeli is Irish!

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, coltssb said:

I actually like him as a recruit better than everyone else we’ve been recruiting. He’s 6’3, right?  That’s already a plus for me. 

It doesn’t matter if you can’t stretch the field. If You want an explosive Offense, that’s a critical piece of the puzzle. I’m tired of having smoke blown up our a**. 

10 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

It doesn’t matter if you can’t stretch the field. If You want an explosive Offense, that’s a critical piece of the puzzle. I’m tired of having smoke blown up our a**. 

The second highlight I saw the ball being delivered down field on the nose. Not sure how much more downfield you want?

• Heart 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/3/2021 at 1:31 PM, ELDER06 said:

Joe Montana isn’t playing in modern football where you have to stretch the field.  And Taylor Swift sucks. 

Didn’t see this. But I have to hahahahahahaha. Does Montana still have his same team with Rice?  What do they say about Brady and his arm strength?  You’re talking about Joe Cool here. He was always the best. Now he can’t take a snap in the NFL today?  In a league that’s so soft. Montana played against some of the greatest defenses ever -85’ Bears, 88-91 Giants, the Eagles... Not only were they great but they would knock the crap out of you. I mean knock you out of the game. Throw you to the stands even when you were out of bounds. Montana can’t play today?  Montana also didn’t get the chance to call his plays. What was called is what he had to throw. They didn’t have the option to not audible even if the play was going to be crap. SMH…couldn’t play today. That’s like saying Jordan couldn’t play in today’s game because they are more athletic. 

• Heart 1
  • Trophy 1

6 hours ago, coltssb said:

Didn’t see this. But I have to hahahahahahaha. Does Montana still have his same team with Rice?  What do they say about Brady and his arm strength?  You’re talking about Joe Cool here. He was always the best. Now he can’t take a snap in the NFL today?  In a league that’s so soft. Montana played against some of the greatest defenses ever -85’ Bears, 88-91 Giants, the Eagles... Not only were they great but they would knock the crap out of you. I mean knock you out of the game. Throw you to the stands even when you were out of bounds. Montana can’t play today?  Montana also didn’t get the chance to call his plays. What was called is what he had to throw. They didn’t have the option to not audible even if the play was going to be crap. SMH…couldn’t play today. That’s like saying Jordan couldn’t play in today’s game because they are more athletic. 

How many times did Montana throw the ball down Field?

Yes, the game has changed, but so have the rules on what constitutes pass interference and roughing the passer.  And as to how often Montana threw down field, that wasn't the offense, so who cares.  He avg 11.9 yards/completion which was more than Favre and only 0.5 less than Marino and 0.6 less than Elway (with better yards/attempt than any of them).  Results matter.

I'll be honest, I do not have a good read on Angeli at this time. His play style kind of reminds me of Brandon Clark, but I really like his attitude (I dont really remember Clark all that much personality wise). But since we have Buchner in the class before, I am not really as worried about it.

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/27/2021 at 5:58 PM, Big23Head said:

State champ

Good for BC, still not impressed.  Let me guess, he probably went something like 8/12 with 0 TDs and 100 yards passing. He can’t play at this level. Rees screwed the pooch here. Should just cut ties and find a way to get Brown before Riley gets him to recommit to USC

Edited by ELDER06

And no, I don’t feel good tearing him down but this is such a bad signing at a huge position. He played on this stacked team with all kinds of talent and his coaches didn’t trust him enough to throw the ball more than 10–12 times a game? That’s awful.