2022 QB Steve Angeli is Irish!

247 Composite: 3-star, #375 overall, #16 Pro-QB

247: 3-star, #17 Pro-QB

Rivals: 4-star, #13 Pro-QB

Offers: Arizona, Boston College, Georgia Tech, Iowa, LSU, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Oregon, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Stanford, Syracuse, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, West Virginia

Welcome to the dark side Elder. Hahah. Anyways, if the kid is a “legit” 6’3 or 6-4 then I’m fine with it. Arm strength or not. I want a guy to be able to hit a crossing route without having to scramble for 7 seconds to hit the guy on the original crossing route. Arm strength only matters for outs, 50 yards down field and short qbs scrambling and trying to thread the needle because the play is shyt now.

Come on man. You made your point repeatedly. Calm down please. Thanks.

I’m sick of ppl not being honest. I get the Blue & Gold guys have to toe the company line bc they rely on ppl inside the program for info. However, that also means they can’t always be entirely truthful. The truth is this is a bad signing and continues a noticeable trend of bad QB recruiting.

Welcome to the dark side Elder. Hahah. Anyways, if the kid is a “legit” 6’3 or 6-4 then I’m fine with it. Arm strength or not. I want a guy to be able to hit a crossing route without having to scramble for 7 seconds to hit the guy on the original crossing route. Arm strength only matters for outs, 50 yards down field and short qbs scrambling and trying to thread the needle because the play is shyt now.

See, that’s dumb. Look at what Bama, Clemson, and OSU were able to do bc they had strong armed QBs who could stretch the field. I don’t care if he’s 6’2’’ if he can’t hit a deep seam or post route. And I’m still on Kelly’s side. You wanting him fired with no replacement in mind is ignorant.

Edited by ELDER06

Came here to read about a high school kid committing, now my head hurts.

You’re right, we should all lie and pretend like this kid is good enough to get ND over the hump in the playoffs. BTW, I don’t blame the kid, I’m blame the staff. They’re the ones who failed, not him.

I’m sick of ppl not being honest. I get the Blue & Gold guys have to toe the company line bc they rely on ppl inside the program for info. However, that also means they can’t always be entirely truthful. The truth is this is a bad signing and continues a noticeable trend of bad QB recruiting.

Nobody said you can't be honest. You know where the line is and please try to stay within the board rules.

These are them.

http://www.domerdomain.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29020

Nobody said you can't be honest. You know where the line is and please try to stay within the board rules.

These are them.

http://www.domerdomain.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29020

Sorry but after a playoff run, the best you can do is the 25th ranked QB in the class? That’s not good enough. You know me, I’ve been a staunch defender of Kelly and will continue to be when necessary, but he also deserves to be called out for striking out here.

Sorry but after a playoff run, the best you can do is the 25th ranked QB in the class? That’s not good enough. You know me, I’ve been a staunch defender of Kelly and will continue to be when necessary, but he also deserves to be called out for striking out here.

You’re a walking contradiction....on so many levels. If it isn’t correct in your mind then it’s wrong. Sound about right? Well, why don’t you go ahead and throw your name to BK and join as assistant? Because I’m sure you know more they do and I’m sure you would play well with others on the staff. Bahahahaha. You be shyt canned within a week.

As for the actual thread. We can shoot higher but without any true football for a lot of these guys I’m sure this year is going to be a wash in terms of determining talent. We’re at the mercy of BK and his guys and finding and evaluating talent this year.

That’s what I was watching, it’s all bootlegs. No 5-7 step drop backs

Honest question. Isn't harder for a QB to throw a nice mid to deep ball on the run compared to dropping back. I would think dropping back allows you to set your feet and power through easier. Secondly, this may not be the kids fault, its the offense he is asked to run. Arm strength is absolutely something that can been seen in a camp setting. April 25th that happens with Elite 11. Angeli already throws a 40 yard ball on the run pretty easily. I'm intrigued to see more.

See, that’s dumb. Look at what Bama, Clemson, and OSU were able to do bc they had strong armed QBs who could stretch the field. I don’t care if he’s 6’2’’ if he can’t hit a deep seam or post route. And I’m still on Kelly’s side. You wanting him fired with no replacement in mind is ignorant.

Mac Jones is about the same size now as Angeli. Mac Jones does not have elite arm talent, he has a solid arm. He had excellent weapons around him. I get it, we all want T-Law, Fields, maybe Trask. BUT they all have elite weapons around them...ND does not. Complain more about that and I'll agree because there is clear evidence.

Edited by Big23Head

You’re a walking contradiction....on so many levels. If it isn’t correct in your mind then it’s wrong. Sound about right? Well, why don’t you go ahead and throw your name to BK and join as assistant? Because I’m sure you know more they do and I’m sure you would play well with others on the staff. Bahahahaha. You be shyt canned within a week.

As for the actual thread. We can shoot higher but without any true football for a lot of these guys I’m sure this year is going to be a wash in terms of determining talent. We’re at the mercy of BK and his guys and finding and evaluating talent this year.

I do agree with the bold part. ND does need to shoot higher earlier. Ty Simpson should have had an earlier offer along with 1-2 others. They have to at least try to get in on a couple of those kids plus Steve Angeli types. ND was not pushing for Angeli until the end.

I do agree with the bold part. ND does need to shoot higher earlier. Ty Simpson should have had an earlier offer along with 1-2 others. They have to at least try to get in on a couple of those kids plus Steve Angeli types. ND was not pushing for Angeli until the end.

Agreed another factor I learned after watching that interview I just linked was that ND has 3 recruiting targets on his team at Bergen Catholic in New Jersey.

Like Wimbush led to the twins etc at I think ST. Peters Prep in New Jersey.

Big, could this be an effort to recruit the other kids from Bergen Catholic as well?

From the sounds of it, my take is not a popular one but I really like this pick up. I think there is a lot to like here. The ball comes out of his hand with some zip and quickly. He is big and mobile. He is accurate with the ball and is said to have great mechanics with an easy fluid throwing motion. He’s also said to have a good head on his shoulders and great attitude and work ethic. He is also said to be able to make all the throws. The one knock on him is at this point he doesn’t have “elite” arm strength. I saw that 40 yard plus throw that he made rolling to his left and throwing across his body while on the run. He has enough arm strength.

Mike Singer said that after he saw Buchner throw live at the elite 11 camp where he didn’t necessarily have his best day, a couple weeks later singer went out and watched angelli live. He didn’t go on record as far as to say that angelli was better but he was hem hawing around and said the zip in which the ball came out of angelli’s hand was very impressive. The way he was talking it made it sound like he was more impressed with angelli than Buchner after those two live sessions. Singer also said that he has watched a decent amount of film on angelli and that he is willing to stand in the pocket and find his man. He also said it looked like the offense of line was not all that great because multiple times guys came in untouched and angelli was running for his life.

There of been many five star quarterback busts over the years and many three-star quarterbacks that become stars. The fact of the matter is you just never know. I’m not saying angelli is going to be a star but at the same time he could. there are a lot of attributes to like about this young man. Remember he has only started six games in high school. There is a lot of growth to be made here.

From the sounds of it, my take is not a popular one but I really like this pick up. I think there is a lot to like here. The ball comes out of his hand with some zip and quickly. He is big and mobile. He is accurate with the ball and is said to have great mechanics with an easy fluid throwing motion. He’s also said to have a good head on his shoulders and great attitude and work ethic. He is also said to be able to make all the throws. The one knock on him is at this point he doesn’t have “elite” arm strength. I saw that 40 yard plus throw that he made rolling to his left and throwing across his body while on the run. He has enough arm strength.

Mike Singer said that after he saw Buchner throw live at the elite 11 camp where he didn’t necessarily have his best day, a couple weeks later singer went out and watched angelli live. He didn’t go on record as far as to say that angelli was better but he was hem hawing around and said the zip in which the ball came out of angelli’s hand was very impressive. The way he was talking it made it sound like he was more impressed with angelli than Buchner after those two live sessions. Singer also said that he has watched a decent amount of film on angelli and that he is willing to stand in the pocket and find his man. He also said it looked like the offense of line was not all that great because multiple times guys came in untouched and angelli was running for his life.

There of been many five star quarterback busts over the years and many three-star quarterbacks that become stars. The fact of the matter is you just never know. I’m not saying angelli is going to be a star but at the same time he could. there are a lot of attributes to like about this young man. Remember he has only started six games in high school. There is a lot of growth to be made here.

He's a good player and a good kid. I think he will recruit well for ND.

Agreed another factor I learned after watching that interview I just linked was that ND has 3 recruiting targets on his team at Bergen Catholic in New Jersey.

Like Wimbush led to the twins etc at I think ST. Peters Prep in New Jersey.

Big, could this be an effort to recruit the other kids from Bergen Catholic as well?

In this case I would say no. If Buchner was a sophomore and already showing signs of being THE guy then ok. But you cannot do that at QB in my opinion. FWIW, Angeli is also the QB for Midwest Boom 7v7 team, which includes Kaleb Brown and Tyler Morris.

Angeli is Mac Jones at the high school level. I think Angeli is actually more mobile and athletic. Homerun, no. Can win, yes. Get him weapons.

Edited by Big23Head

In this case I would say no. If Buchner was a sophomore and already showing signs of being THE guy then ok. But you cannot do that at QB in my opinion. FWIW, Angeli is also the QB for Midwest Boom 7v7 team, which includes Kaleb Brown and Tyler Morris.

Angeli is Mac Jones at the high school level. I think Angeli is actually more mobile and athletic. Homerun, no. Can win, yes. Get him weapons.

Are we in it for the Jaden Gold or Jaden Bellamy from his high school?