2022 QB Steve Angeli is Irish!

He may or may never see the field...  Tyler Buckner has the reigns next year ...and potentially year after if we don't attract a true freshman who is truly better...       Ian book wasnt supposed to see the field and im sure the general attitude toward him was same if not similar as Angeli...   trust the staff...  they have an idea on what they are doing ..  everything im sure is calculated! 

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, Irish-scoop said:

He may or may never see the field...  Tyler Buckner has the reigns next year ...and potentially year after if we don't attract a true freshman who is truly better...       Ian book wasnt supposed to see the field and im sure the general attitude toward him was same if not similar as Angeli...   trust the staff...  they have an idea on what they are doing ..  everything im sure is calculated! 

I don’t trust them on this kid. I think they panicked when they offered him. He has no business playing at this level, NONE. 

Im pulling for the kid anyway...  not many schools really have a quarterback who truly makes a difference..  most are game managers who have descent teams built around their inefficiencies.   I think almost every school aside from a handful, have the same issue with recruiting the unicorn quarterback.....   trust in the development I guess..  and hope for a homerun !!   If I had the answers ...freeman would be calling me..   phones not ringing ..haha

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

I like Angeli. I think he has a very good arm

Based on what? He barely threw the ball his entire HS career. Who cares about camps when there’s zero pass rushers and the WR aren’t guarded.

I understand why coaches uses camps bc not everyone is playing on the same level in HS. Its a way to standardize the evaluation of talent. However, what they do in real games also matters and this kid was a non factor in every single big game. 

The only reasons I wouldn’t pull his offer now are: (1) it’s a crappy & very unethical thing to do and (2) you’re not getting a suitable QB to commit in the next week. 

1 hour ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Just take a wait and see approach @ELDER06. If are right, then Shout from the highest mountain. If not, others are going too. You've told us how you feel and why, now let it play out

But if the biggest discussion point on why ND can’t compete in the playoff is the QB play, it feels like this is something we all need to be aware of. 

I’m glad we have so many knowledgeable people who post here. I’ve never seen a video of this kid and wouldn’t know what I was looking at even if I did. 
It’s just so hard to tell how a kid will play in big time college games. Sometimes guys like Joe Montana and Tom Brady ride the bench until something happens to the guy that’s playing ahead of them.  Sometimes you get a can’t miss kid like Tim Couch and JaMarcus Russell who show promise but don’t really materialize. 
I’m like most fans, I think. I’ll love the QB playing for ND until I don’t. Then I’ll be all for the next guy. And the next. 
Hopefully Angeli becomes something special, while playing for ND, three years from now after Buchner completes what has become a legendary career. 

Edited by AnTostal
  • Heart 1

On 12/10/2021 at 5:55 PM, AnTostal said:

I’m glad we have so many knowledgeable people who post here. I’ve never seen a video of this kid and wouldn’t know what I was looking at even if I did. 
It’s just so hard to tell how a kid will play in big time college games. Sometimes guys like Joe Montana and Tom Brady ride the bench until something happens to the guy that’s playing ahead of them.  Sometimes you get a can’t miss kid like Tim Couch and JaMarcus Russell who show promise but don’t really materialize. 
I’m like most fans, I think. I’ll love the QB playing for ND until I don’t. Then I’ll be all for the next guy. And the next. 
Hopefully Angeli becomes something special, while playing for ND, three years from now after Buchner completes what has become a legendary career. 

Couch and Russell were good in College. Recruiting Angeli is exactly why I don’t fully get the hype for Rees. He’s so mediocre. If he’s ever ND’s starting QB, they’re screwed. 

ND fans need to realize, winning on social media doesn’t mean a god dam thing. Yeah, Kelly has looked like an ass the past few weeks, but he just got a QB that could win a title. Who gives a damn if all the college football normies like Freeman & ND. They ended up with Andrew Hendrix 2.0.