2022 QB Steve Angeli is Irish!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
52 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

Until I see Angelli throw the ball 50 yards down field, I’m not impressed. I’m not trying to be an a hole, but Rees isn’t getting it done at the most important position. They should be trying to recruit McCord away from Ohio St.

If you watch the highlights from last week, 3 of those passes are pretty easy looking 40 yard throws. He doesn't have a cannon but it is a solid arm. 

Edited by Big23Head
  • Heart 1

1 hour ago, ELDER06 said:

Until I see Angelli throw the ball 50 yards down field, I’m not impressed. I’m not trying to be an a hole, but Rees isn’t getting it done at the most important position. They should be trying to recruit McCord away from Ohio St.

Joe Montana didn’t have a big arm, among other very successful qbs….  Taylor Swift made a song for you.  ?

1 hour ago, irishwavend said:

Joe Montana didn’t have a big arm, among other very successful qbs….  Taylor Swift made a song for you.  ?

Joe Montana isn’t playing in modern football where you have to stretch the field.  And Taylor Swift sucks. 

Edited by ELDER06
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, Big23Head said:

If you watch the highlights from last week, 3 of those passes are pretty easy looking 40 yard throws. He doesn't have a cannon but it is a solid arm. 

Solid isn’t good enough. All of this great recruiting means nothing if they can’t bring in a QB that’s a difference maker. 

34 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

Solid isn’t good enough. All of this great recruiting means nothing if they can’t bring in a QB that’s a difference maker. 

I can appreciate what you are saying. I think that ND should aim higher year in and year out. That said, I thought Angeli looked great in his first game this year. His arm strength looks solid but we don't even know what he is capable of because he hasn't done it yet. Also, the improvement in strength that Pyne has had with Balis when done with the bigger, stronger frame of Angeli might come out quite nicely.