2022 QB Steve Angeli is Irish!

41 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

ND fans need to realize, winning on social media doesn’t mean a god dam thing. Yeah, Kelly has looked like an ass the past few weeks, but he just got a QB that could win a title. Who gives a damn if all the college football normies like Freeman & ND. They ended up with Andrew Hendrix 2.0. 

Howard was committed to LSU long before Kelly got there.   Our class is better than theirs

4 minutes ago, golson5 said:

Howard was committed to LSU long before Kelly got there.   Our class is better than theirs

Howard had opened up his recruitment (and ND was even talking to him among others).

So him staying is a win for Kelly. 

As far as class comparison... ND had bigger numbers (23 vs 11), but AVG are close (both 91.xx). Both have 3 kids that are top 10 position wise, but LSU gets the nod there as they have 5 star QB as one. And ND has a top WR that might get poached. 

Also, ND is likely done for the year. LSU will likely close strong. Preston (98 WR) is a current heavy LSU lean, Mathews (98 S) is a lean, Law  (#3 ATH) is a lean, Wiggins (96 DL) a heavy lean, Thomas #4 ATH a lean, plus a ton more guys still in play. They'll likely add at least 10 guys, and a good portion will be well ranked.

It’s amazing how everyone complained about not getting the star QB under Kelly and now bc it’s Freeman’s QB, silence. This isn’t a kid that narrows the gap. Frankly, I think Rees has failed as a recruiter and I don’t get the hype around him staying. 

Just now, ELDER06 said:

It’s amazing how everyone complained about not getting the star QB under Kelly and now bc it’s Freeman’s QB, silence. This isn’t a kid that narrows the gap. Frankly, I think Rees has failed as a recruiter and I don’t get the hype around him staying. 

This shows how little you know. It’s the guy that’s in Louisiana now that was the main issue not Tommy. Give the guy a year or two without Kelly. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Howard had opened up his recruitment (and ND was even talking to him among others).

So him staying is a win for Kelly. 

As far as class comparison... ND had bigger numbers (23 vs 11), but AVG are close (both 91.xx). Both have 3 kids that are top 10 position wise, but LSU gets the nod there as they have 5 star QB as one. And ND has a top WR that might get poached. 

Also, ND is likely done for the year. LSU will likely close strong. Preston (98 WR) is a current heavy LSU lean, Mathews (98 S) is a lean, Law  (#3 ATH) is a lean, Wiggins (96 DL) a heavy lean, Thomas #4 ATH a lean, plus a ton more guys still in play. They'll likely add at least 10 guys, and a good portion will be well ranked.

He never reopened it. His visited schools for a back up plan just in case. That family is LSU through and through. 

• Heart 2

Just now, Big23Head said:

He never reopened it. His visited schools for a back up plan just in case. That family is LSU through and through. 

He clearly re-opened it on an unofficial basis bc he felt the need to make this cringey video announcing it.

Because he was LSU not matter what in reality. I’m telling you not arguing. 

And I think you’re wrong. If he never wavered on his commitment, why re-announce it with a video? Clearly, he was looking around. 

It’s called PR to create a buzz for the recruiting class. 

“I found my coach” seems like he was looking for something. Face it, Rees has a terrible track record recruiting. Signing Angeli proves he doesn’t know what he’s doing. ND would’ve been better off him with him leaving and hiring a real OC like Herman. 

1 minute ago, ELDER06 said:

“I found my coach” seems like he was looking for something. Face it, Rees has a terrible track record recruiting. Signing Angeli proves he doesn’t know what he’s doing. ND would’ve been better off him with him leaving and hiring a real OC like Herman. 

You must have great contacts that contradict a lot of people. Feel like revealing your sources?

3 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

You must have great contacts that contradict a lot of people. Feel like revealing your sources?

It’s coming sense. He was exploring his other options. That’s why he went to visit ND. I know you can give Kelly credit for anything, but they got a 5* QB and ND gets a scrub that wasn’t even good enough to start 2 full years in HS.

2 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

Your hate for Angeli is getting old.

Only a fool would trade our class for LSU's just for the QB.

Not just the QB, but I value a legit stud QB over a kid who can’t even complete 60% of his passes in HS.

And I don’t hate the kid, but I hate ND signing him. I’m announcing how all of this talk about closing the gap suddenly doesn’t matter. This kid just isn’t any good. More people should be pushing back on Rees for his shitty recruiting. However, bc you’re all emotional and illogical, you give him a pass bc you “like” him. Well, I’m not like that. He’s sucked as a recruiter and his Xs and Os capabilities will only get him so far with scrubs at QB