2022 QB Steve Angeli is Irish!

20 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

It's funny, when I read this comment from Elder06, 

"Also, I got news for you, none of those 3 are going to beat Bama. Why? Bc they have the best QB. Bama will embarrass UGA again bc they have a legitimate NFL QB and UGA has a dud."

It seems pretty adamant to me. Somehow, not only did Alabama not embarrass UGA, they lost to UGA.

But now, Elder seems to be backtracking and not willing to back up his earlier assertions. Did UGA's defense come out of nowhere for the NC game? How much impact did losing Williams actually have on the game? Alabama had scored a total of 3 points with Williams when he went out even though Williams had already played in just under one third of the game.

Might want to take any future opinions from Elder with a grain of salt since the Heisman QB lost to UGA's "Dud"

Did you know Williams was going to tear his ACL? Not having that deep threat was gigantic. And Bennett is a scrub. Two good passes in the game, but we’re all going to ignore he was the reason they were trailing in the first place. Sports fans crave this stupid Disney type narrative. UGA won with D bc Bama’s best Offensive weapon was hurt.

15 hours ago, irishwavend said:

Baloney.  Bama’s qb is a scrub.  A Heisman qb would hit his receivers regardless.  Georgia’s players made plays while Bama’s qb couldn’t handle the pressure UGA sent literally every play…they didn’t do that in the SEC Championship.  Georgia played a lot more zone.  

Not baloney. Having no deep threat made it easy for UGA to play straight man, and rush more than 4 defenders. 

2 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

If we get Dante Moore in 2023, it wont matter because I doubt Angeli will ever see the field.

That would be sweet for ND. Not that I have doubts about Angeli.   It just sounds like Moore has all the tools, while Angeli may lack arm strength and mobility. 
I do look forward to seeing what Angeli’s got. 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, ELDER06 said:

Did you know Williams was going to tear his ACL? Not having that deep threat was gigantic. And Bennett is a scrub. Two good passes in the game, but we’re all going to ignore he was the reason they were trailing in the first place. Sports fans crave this stupid Disney type narrative. UGA won with D bc Bama’s best Offensive weapon was hurt.

So their whole offense was based on 1 player?  Georgias best player missed 11 games this year and wasnt healthy for the NC.  Bennett won a NC. And he was a big factor to why

2 hours ago, golson5 said:

So their whole offense was based on 1 player?  Georgias best player missed 11 games this year and wasnt healthy for the NC.  Bennett won a NC. And he was a big factor to why

Bennett wasn’t a big factor when you look at individual players. 

2 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Williams was Alabama's best offensive player? I would have thought the Heisman winning quarterback was Alabama's best offensive player

Young did not look as good without his two star WRs. Very typical of Alabama QBs to be honest, but like most QBs, if your big weapons go down, it is hard to look as good. I think Young is a great QB, but he did not do much once Williams went down.

21 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

Young did not look as good without his two star WRs. Very typical of Alabama QBs to be honest, but like most QBs, if your big weapons go down, it is hard to look as good. I think Young is a great QB, but he did not do much once Williams went down.

He looked like most all qb's.  That's why having just a stud qb isn't going to win like some people think.  It will help, but look at Lawrence and what happened to him against Ohio State.  His best weapons were gone and he didn't look great.  Look at Young now.  Look at DJ and his terrible season this year because of his lack of true weapons.  Bama used to win because they would pound the rock and let Mcelroy, Mccarron, and Coker game manage.  Once they got Hurts, Tua, Jones, and Young, that's when they really started slinging it and relying on passing it more.  Those other "scrubs" mentioned before, they were also setting records just fine too at Bama. 

Soooo...back to Angeli... ND has the pieces to win a playoff game.  Even with a game manager at qb.  They just need an attitude adjustment(Quentin Nelson mentality), a few more skill guys on the edges, and a qb that CAN read a defense.  They haven't had that yet.  But they are close.  Who knows if Angeli is it.  But the style of conservative offense can win a game as we just saw.   

8 hours ago, ELDER06 said:

I’d say that’s a pretty pedestrian game. 

You'd be wrong like usual

Desmond Ridder, a top 5 qb in this years draft had 144 yards with 0 tds against Bama

Maty Corral, a top 5 qb in this draft had 213 yards and 1 td against Bama

21 minutes ago, golson5 said:

You'd be wrong like usual

Desmond Ridder, a top 5 qb in this years draft had 144 yards with 0 tds against Bama

Maty Corral, a top 5 qb in this draft had 213 yards and 1 td against Bama

Please. Just. Stop. 
If you don’t want to talk about Angeli, have your discussion somewhere else. 
This thread is about Notre Dame’s quarterback recruit for 2022. 

7 hours ago, ELDER06 said:

I’d say that’s a pretty pedestrian game. 

Can't just let it be can ya?  I mean God damn. Angeli is signed and sealed. Can we just wish the kid good luck? He just graduated HS and was offered a full ride scholarship to the University of Notre Dame to play QB. I'm sorry you don't like it. That sucks. Lord knows you and I would have loved the opportunity. Guess what? We didn't get it. Who f'in knows what this kids gonna do? Ok ok we get it. You don't think he's good enough. Got it. Guess what? You don't have a say. Blah blah blah he won't win a national championship. Give it a f'in rest and go get a job as a national talent coach. You obviously think you know more then everybody else. Damn bro. Drink a beer.

• Cheers 1