2022 QB Steve Angeli is Irish!

13 hours ago, ELDER06 said:

Yeah on intermediate passes. I was on board with Buchner and I desperately want Dante Moore. I’ve never been a fan of Angeli. I don’t take anyone who wasn’t good enough to start at least 2 yrs on Varsity, seriously.

Elder, Why do you say that Angeli did not start 2 years?

According to a quick Google search, Angeli started both the 2020 and 2021 seasons for Bergen Catholic.

He is listed as the starter in this Oct 18 2020 article (https://www.nj.com/highschoolsports/2020/10/no-2-bergen-catholic-honors-late-ad-debuts-new-field-with-win-over-paramus-catholic.html). Also, according to MaxPreps, Angeli had 94% of all BC's pass attempts in the 2020 season for Bergen Catholic. He also had the second most (over 28%) of BC's varsity pass attempts as a sophomore when the starter was a senior. So he did not start as a junior due to someone else's injury. (https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/bergen-catholic-crusaders-(oradell,nj)/football-19/stats.htm)

Given how much you negatively posted about Angeli and how quickly I was able to determine that he actually started for two years not one as you stated, how many of your other arguments against him are "fake news" not based on research but simply made up to push your agenda? How can you pretend to know enough to be so negative about Angeli if you do not even know how basic facts like how many years he started?

Edited by jbrown_9999
  • Heart 2

1 hour ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Elder, Why do you say that Angeli did not start 2 years?

According to a quick Google search, Angeli started both the 2020 and 2021 seasons for Bergen Catholic.

He is listed as the starter in this Oct 18 2020 article (https://www.nj.com/highschoolsports/2020/10/no-2-bergen-catholic-honors-late-ad-debuts-new-field-with-win-over-paramus-catholic.html). Also, according to MaxPreps, Angeli had 94% of all BC's pass attempts in the 2020 season for Bergen Catholic. He also had the second most (over 28%) of BC's varsity pass attempts as a sophomore when the starter was a senior. So he did not start as a junior due to someone else's injury. (https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/bergen-catholic-crusaders-(oradell,nj)/football-19/stats.htm)

Given how much you negatively posted about Angeli and how quickly I was able to determine that he actually started for two years not one as you stated, how many of your other arguments against him are "fake news" not based on research but simply made up to push your agenda? How can you pretend to know enough to be so negative about Angeli if you do not even know how basic facts like how many years he started?

He split time as the starter his Jr year.

1 hour ago, ELDER06 said:

He split time as the starter his Jr year.

Please show me where he split time is junior year. Angeli had 94% of all of his team's pass attempts and 19% of all rushing attempts. The other three QBS had a total of 7 pass attempts and 5 rushing attempts collectively. Again, simple research shows that, due to Covid, Bergen Catholic only played 6 games. Angeli appeared in all 6.

But surely you already knew that from the deep analysis you did before you started totally slamming him as a commit. Otherwise, it appears that you are making up facts to support your narrative.

Edited by jbrown_9999
  • Leprechaun 1

35 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Please show me where he split time is junior year. Angeli had 94% of all of his team's pass attempts and 19% of all rushing attempts. The other three QBS had a total of 7 pass attempts and 5 rushing attempts collectively. Again, simple research shows that, due to Covid, Bergen Catholic only played 6 games. Angeli appeared in all 6.

But surely you already knew that from the deep analysis you did before you started totally slamming him as a commit. Otherwise, it appears that you are making up facts to support your narrative.

Watch The Blue Gold video on him, they clearly said he split time with a Sr. 

3 hours ago, Jburkdd12 said:

so you watched the movie and didnt read the book... happy holidays! 

I trusted the guys whose job it is to follow ND recruiting. As I said before, I don’t trust BG opinions but I think they’re an excellent source for facts. 

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, ELDER06 said:

Watch The Blue Gold video on him, they clearly said he split time with a Sr. 

Given that he had about 25% of varsity pass attempts in 2019, they were probably talking about him splitting time with a senior during Angeli's SOPHOMORE year. So you have been blasting (multiple times a day almost daily it seems) a two year starter who split varsity time as a sophomore for a powerhouse team which was ranked in the Top 5 in the nation this year?  

While he may not be a five star QB, it appears that he may not be a MAC level QB either.

Just now, jbrown_9999 said:

Given that he had about 25% of varsity pass attempts in 2019, they were probably talking about him splitting time with a senior during Angeli's SOPHOMORE year. So you have been blasting (multiple times a day almost daily it seems) a two year starter who split varsity time as a sophomore for a powerhouse team which was ranked in the Top 5 in the nation this year?  

While he may not be a five star QB, it appears that he may not be a MAC level QB either.

You’re right, so he basically played for 1.5 seasons in HS. Regardless, he can’t stretch the field and isn’t accurate. We talk endlessly about not having an elite QB to close the gap and this kid still doesn’t do that. I don’t understand why more people aren’t upset. This is the kind of mediocre Qb that causes the gap to get wider.

1 minute ago, ELDER06 said:

You’re right, so he basically played for 1.5 seasons in HS. Regardless, he can’t stretch the field and isn’t accurate. We talk endlessly about not having an elite QB to close the gap and this kid still doesn’t do that. I don’t understand why more people aren’t upset. This is the kind of mediocre Qb that causes the gap to get wider.

The goal posts keep moving. Earlier in this thread, you mentioned you were OK with Buckner who actually played less than Angeli in HS as a QB (basically one full season) due to injury and Covid. 

My only reason why I got involved in this thread was due to the repeated over-the-top "attacks" on a future ND student whose only crime appears to be that he is not a five star recruit.

ND coaching staff knows that they need to elevate the QB position. Even when Kelly was there, they had other higher ranked QBs in the 2022 class visiting after Angeli committed. It appears that currently they are looking at possible transfer portal options. Reserve your vitriol to the adult coaches making six to seven to eight figures a year. At least Kelly isn't an obstacle anymore and we will get to see if Freeman can change the narrative for offensive recruiting.

• Heart 3
  • Leprechaun 1

On 12/21/2021 at 9:27 AM, jbrown_9999 said:

The goal posts keep moving. Earlier in this thread, you mentioned you were OK with Buckner who actually played less than Angeli in HS as a QB (basically one full season) due to injury and Covid. 

My only reason why I got involved in this thread was due to the repeated over-the-top "attacks" on a future ND student whose only crime appears to be that he is not a five star recruit.

ND coaching staff knows that they need to elevate the QB position. Even when Kelly was there, they had other higher ranked QBs in the 2022 class visiting after Angeli committed. It appears that currently they are looking at possible transfer portal options. Reserve your vitriol to the adult coaches making six to seven to eight figures a year. At least Kelly isn't an obstacle anymore and we will get to see if Freeman can change the narrative for offensive recruiting.

He played less bc he was hurt and that’s a huge reason why I have my doubts about Buchner being the starting QB next yr. And if the staff knows they need to elevate the QB position, why’d the offer him? You say Kelly was an obstacle but he just signed a 5* QB to LSU. 

1 hour ago, ELDER06 said:

He played less bc he was hurt and that’s a huge reason why I have my doubts about Buchner being the starting QB next yr. And if the staff knows they need to elevate the QB position, why’d the offer him? You say Kelly was an obstacle but he just signed a 5* QB to LSU. 

I do agree with much of what you say.  I have the same doubts about Angelli and Freeman as you.

Context in posts adds value I think.  Howard committed to LSU in June and is from Louisiana.  To say Kelly just signed a 5* quarterback is technically correct, but was it really Kelly's doing?  Hmmmm.

• Heart 1

Walker Howard was never going to go anywhere but LSU... We dont give Kelly credit for that just like we do not give Freeman credit for majority of our 2022 class (maybe defensive side of the ball). But Kelly did nothing to recruit Walker Howard and deserves no credit for it.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Walker Howard was never going to go anywhere but LSU... We dont give Kelly credit for that just like we do not give Freeman credit for majority of our 2022 class (maybe defensive side of the ball). But Kelly did nothing to recruit Walker Howard and deserves no credit for it.

Yes he did. He recruited him to ND 😉  it didn’t work out. 

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Kelly did nothing???? Did you already forget Kelly's dance video with Walker? I credit that 100% for Walker signing with LSU.

well, I was actually thinking a certain poster may use that as an actual reason. lol

So cringe, did he do anything like that at Notre Dame. I hope not, but maybe I am forgetting something.